Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

It's made visibly palpable by my button mashing....

It's all been worth it:

2020-07-27_11-09_Deaths registered weekly in.jpg

I'm sure these two million will be happy enough.
Two million EU citizens living in the UK have been granted settled status - allowing them to remain here permanently after Brexit.
Of course being a BBC story they have linked to another potential "Windrush Scandal"

Why on Earth 'EU citizens'(or should that be citizens of EU MS?) would wish to live in a racist, bigoted country like Britain, on the verge of disappearing down the sh1tter, is beyond me.

Maybe they see something I don't.

They can bleed us to Eutopia ?
Sounded like that or summat

Some Jock doris I met on holiday last year was trying to favourably compare Albania with the UK, after having lived there for a year.

She was so taken with the place and its wonderful people that she was only returning to the UK permanently because she was poorly and required health care.

Well Albania isn't that fcuking good then, is it? Wasn't the response she expected, I fear.

Edited to add that on reflection, maybe Albania was better than Bathgate.

I joined the Army Cadets there.

Hopefully you mean "Blackburn", because if you were in the Bathgate ACF Det, our various PSIs would have liked a word or two about the Cadets' ability to shoot the f**k out of our 20yd range, and clamber around the drill hall...

Bathgate was a f***ing wonderful job for a young STAB 2Lt - a platoon location, and an actual platoon (at the end of the 1980s we had about 40 on the books, and I think we generally had 20-25 in on a training night). It was hard work, mind you, but the people there made it worthwhile...