The Brexit Consequences Thread

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sarastro, Jun 25, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The number of lies, fallacies and blatant falsehoods, from both sides was widely commentated upon during teh run up to the vote.

The backtracking of those from the Leave Campaign on various issues is interesting. In both cases highlighted so far, the politicians challenged have freely admitted that their campaigns were based on such falsehoods but they did nothing to highlight or contradict them.

Obviously if Remain had won, I would expect the same sort of exposure of their campaign to be ongoing.

It will blow over, we will go back to normal politics, eventually, but with the vote being so close, feelings are high. Both sides relied on an emotional aspect to winning voters rather than rational debate. It is difficult therefore to immediately dismiss all those emotions having stirred them up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Detmold_Drunk

Detmold_Drunk War Hero

At least Farage had the honesty to admit he lied.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The people who are whining that they regret voting leave now disgust me, and the negative spin by the media is what is driving the markets the media will put us into a recession not the out voters.

• Like Like x 19
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  4. privatemembersbill

privatemembersbill On ROPS On ROPs

A documentary made before Brexit looking what could happen and counteracting the fear mongers looking at examples of Norway and Switzerland.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aul_Wan

Aul_Wan LE

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I disagree.

Judging by some of the comments here (and on social media), when it all goes wrong it will simply be blamed on Cameron, bankers, the media, and probably even the EU.

Nothing to do with the inevitable consequences of such a massive decision in a globalised economy, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  7. br9mp812

br9mp812 Old-Salt

I will admit that I am disappointed I had hoped that be it in or out the % for the winner would have laid this to rest,radio 4 toady seemed to me to be trying to say it was a protest at the political elite,well it is true the political elite have not listened to the plebs for years and that has come to bite them on the arse.
    the political elite of the eu,now are desperate to slap us down(if we had voted yes we would still have got a kicking for the cheek of having a vote) to prevent another vote bringing down the superstate dream.
    the best thing for us would be another country having a vote in the next 6 months.
    I can not but feel that if it had gone the other way there would not be the sour grapes we see festering away now,well time will tell,however if we see turkey fast tracked,a euro army in the near future then out have been proved correct

• Like Like x 3
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 23
  10. The people have spoken.

There's been plenty of notice, plenty of information (particularly the benefits of membership) and we all knew our votes would count.

If you lost, get over it. Britain won.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Prove it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I see that by "stars" the article refers to the likes of has been wendy baller and BBC gravy train rider Lineker and a list of other washed up warblers and "comedians" like Izard who think their opinions matter more than anyone else's. I'm happy to have disappointed them.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Good CO

Good CO Admin Admin

The I-voted-leave t-shirt company goes bust as a result of rapidly falling sales.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. tutankhamun

tutankhamun War Hero

I'm one of many (more a million?) working in the EU. last week I had a secure job, paid for home and secure benefits . My pension years were up to the necessary 35 as my contributions from working in England, Spain and Slovakia were to be combined under EU regulations. Today we have a very uncertain future. My point? moving to other countries for work was a two way process.

• Like Like x 9