The Brexit Consequences Thread

Depends how much I pass on to the customer, but in any event BP shareholders must be chuffed.
And the others. I had a pop at Tesco for concealing the cost of E5 as their display showed the lower price of E10. Apparently the Government website shows that there is insufficient info on any rover product to be able to specify if compatible, which I find odd as until 2005 rover came under BMW, so if they have that info for BM they should have it for Rover. I know the P5 will run on E5 probably because they’ll run on just about anything.

A serious brexit caused problem locally today... or maybe brexit wasn't to blame after all.

bins.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There were only two real consequences of Brexit and they got short shrift:

Theresa May
and
Jeremy Corbyn

Dread

LE
There were only two real consequences of Brexit and they got short shrift:

Theresa May
and
Jeremy Corbyn

Strange...

...I looked in the largest thesauri I have, and under 'consequences' I cannot find the words "fücking brilliant result". Should I look further afield from Webster's and Collins'?

It appears that Rolls Royce think B2, Gracucünt, and Higgy_fascist spout utter bőllocks.

Now there's a surprise: the Chief Technology Officer of Rolls Royce agrees with 99% of the members of this site.

It's always nice when one of the site spittle flecked simpletons has ignored my comments, makes up what I think/thought and disregards what may be driving public announcements.

lecky

War Hero
Petty revenge of the Remainers:

Bath was all set to restart its lucrative night time Christmas Markets after cancelling them last year, due to Covid. They even announced an extension of an extra week to the programme. Then with just a few weeks to go before the programme begins, Bath's Lib Dem Council announce right out of the blue that they are cancelled.... because "Brexit and Covid is making it difficult to get Security and Logistics staff." ( The Security is all of 4 Blokes on duty, per night and Council teams put the little wooden huts up over a weekend for the vendors, who stock their own shelves.)

Strange! No such problems for Bristol Christmas Market just down the road, or Gloucester Quays version just up the road.
Then again, those cities don't have these two as Lead Councillor and MP

Britain’s employers are offering bonuses of up to £2,000 to recruit Christmas workers amid fears over staff shortages disrupting the festive season.

Must be fake news - It's in the Graun.

Must be murder for those Companies - With a severe lack of workers willing to be exploited.

Truxx

LE
Petty revenge of the Remainers:

Bath was all set to restart its lucrative night time Christmas Markets after cancelling them last year, due to Covid. They even announced an extension of an extra week to the programme. Then with just a few weeks to go before the programme begins, Bath's Lib Dem Council announce right out of the blue that they are cancelled.... because "Brexit and Covid is making it difficult to get Security and Logistics staff." ( The Security is all of 4 Blokes on duty, per night and Council teams put the little wooden huts up over a weekend for the vendors, who stock their own shelves.)

Strange! No such problems for Bristol Christmas Market just down the road, or Gloucester Quays version just up the road.
Then again, those cities don't have these two as Lead Councillor and MP
Cllr Kevin Guy?

As my dad would say, never trust a bloke with 2 first names.

Other seemingly daft pearls of wisdom are available eg:

On blokes with beards;

Never trust a man too idle to shave.

And on continentals;

Never do business with a Dutchman.

And on navigation;

If you are not sure where you are you have not gone far enough.

Surprise (well, for the natives of Sunderland anyway)!

'The North East received £437 million out of the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) pre-Brexit, between 2014 and 2020, but there are suspicions that the replacement UK Shared Prosperity Fund (SPF) is unlikely to live up to those numbers.

“When you look at England and you look at the regions that are benefiting from ESIF, the UK SPF, to be quite frank, is not going to support to those levels,” Miller said.

“If we are quiet about it, the Government will just sneak through a smaller, weaker, less supportive package of finance, because that is what it intends to do.

“We must continue to press for a full share, as we had, with no damage to the region caused by us leaving the EU and losing those funds.

“The government has to be held to account – I don’t think the Government has any intention to give us pound for pound what we had.”

'Sunderland voted to leave the EU by a significant margin in 2016, with 61 per cent voting to leave and 39 per cent voting to remain.'

'The North East received £437 million out of the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) pre-Brexit, between 2014 and 2020, but there are suspicions that the replacement UK Shared Prosperity Fund (SPF) is unlikely to live up to those numbers.
begs a number of questions. That works out at 73 odd million a year based on pre covid figures of which most of which would have been our money still being paid during negotiations ( Not as simplistic as that I know) So will it be Brexit or Covid that'll have the dampener?

Cllr Kevin Guy?

As my dad would say, never trust a bloke with 2 first names.

Other seemingly daft pearls of wisdom are available eg:

On blokes with beards;

Never trust a man too idle to shave.

And on continentals;

Never do business with a Dutchman.

And on navigation;

If you are not sure where you are you have not gone far enough.
well that get's me out on one count.

begs a number of questions. That works out at 73 odd million a year based on pre covid figures of which most of which would have been our money still being paid during negotiations ( Not as simplistic as that I know) So will it be Brexit or Covid that'll have the dampener?

I'd assume a combination of both.

Must be fake news - It's in the Graun.

Must be murder for those Companies - With a severe lack of workers willing to be exploited.

Oh I don't know, wages +£2,000 for two months work sounds a bit tasty. Even if it's minimum wage.

Edit:
Just had a nose around this.

Pay:
£11.10 per hour for day time shifts.
£12.86 per hour for night time shifts.
Up to £22.20 per hour for overtime (between 50-60 hours)

Some adverts are offering +£3 per hour over the flat rate, plus the Sign up bonus. But you've got to sign on before the 23rd.

Full time shifts appear to be about 40 hours per week. That's some £6,204, then throw on your sign on bonus which seems to range between £1,500 and up to £3,000. More if you go nights.

To some that's half their yearly salary in just 11 weeks.

Last edited:
Oh I don't know, wages +£2,000 for two months work sounds a bit tasty. Even if it's minimum wage.

Edit:
Just had a nose around this.

Pay:
£11.10 per hour for day time shifts.
£12.86 per hour for night time shifts.
Up to £22.20 per hour for overtime (between 50-60 hours)

Some adverts are offering +£3 per hour over the flat rate, plus the Sign up bonus. But you've got to sign on before the 23rd.

Full time shifts appear to be about 40 hours per week. That's some £6,204, then throw on your sign on bonus which seems to range between £1,500 and up to £3,000. More if you go nights.

To some that's half their yearly salary in just 11 weeks.

As sure as eggs is eggs they'll find ways to stiff people out of it.

It's the nature of bosses.