The Brexit Consequences Thread

MS is announcing closure of several stores in France

They have blamed Brexit - or more specifically French customs

Its worth noting that even the French media rolls its eyes and says obviously Brexit is to Blame - The implication being any unsuccesful UK business is now hiding behind Brexit rather thanwas beaten by better competition.
Do the French say the same about submarines?

So if you want it, you need to return this government at the next election?

'Brexit minister David Frost said the UK is “embarked on a great voyage” as he highlighted changes the government intends to make outside the EU.

"We intend to have a world class border by 2025. As general principle, it is right that the fewest possible controls are always best, I think that’s always clear and I think we’re not always in control of the controls which the European Union put in place."

Yarra

War Hero

'Brexit minister David Frost said the UK is “embarked on a great voyage” as he highlighted changes the government intends to make outside the EU.

"We intend to have a world class border by 2025. As general principle, it is right that the fewest possible controls are always best, I think that’s always clear and I think we’re not always in control of the controls which the European Union put in place."

Seems legit...

Is that also DF serving notice on NIP?

It is one of the factors. How may times do you need to be told?
Bollocks, it's now "one of the factors" because you've been shown that it isn't so you want to pretend it's several things so you can still blame part of it on brexit. If trucking companies had paid decent wages in the past they wouldn't have this problem now.

Some stuff you want to be true to start with, followed up with some stuff I didn't mention. It's the less well off I'm concerned with being taxed higher. HTH.

Why should the "less well off" not have to pay for a service they use?

Or they just get voted out because their PM didn't listen.

A PM who does what he thinks is the right rather than chase votes? ******* hell, the praise you have for Boris is great.

oldbaldy

LE
It looks like the EU Financial Services are starting to get squeaky bums as a consquence of the commission not giving equivalence to the City of London:

It looks like the EU Financial Services are starting to get squeaky bums as a consquence of the commission not giving equivalence to the City of London:

Jeebus

How can that be ?

Paris, Frankfurt and Dublin were all going to become Powerhouses after Brexit :) :)

MS is announcing closure of several stores in France

They have blamed Brexit - or more specifically French customs

Its worth noting that even the French media rolls its eyes and says obviously Brexit is to Blame - The implication being any unsuccesful UK business is now hiding behind Brexit rather thanwas beaten by better competition.
I seem to remember that MS tried to close them several years ago as unprofitable but EU laws prevented them.

Bollocks, it's now "one of the factors" because you've been shown that it isn't so you want to pretend it's several things so you can still blame part of it on brexit. If trucking companies had paid decent wages in the past they wouldn't have this problem now.
It's always been one of the factors, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise. You've shown nothing other than an ability to make up shit.
Why should the "less well off" not have to pay for a service they use?
Who said they shouldn't? Why should they pay the care costs of wealthier people?
A PM who does what he thinks is the right rather than chase votes? ******* hell, the praise you have for Boris is great.
He may well have decided "Feck the red wall MPs, they've served their purpose."

Stan_Deesey

Old-Salt

WTF does he mean by a ´World Class Border´? That´s the sort of meaningless term that Bozo would use. Why can´t it be an effective border? Why do we have to wait until 2025? Why wasn´t it sorted prior to us leaving the EU? The taxpayer is paying this unelected bureaucrat 300 quid a day, plus expenses to come up with crap like this. Was he specifically referring to the Eire/N. Ireland border? The article didn´t make it clear.

His thinking is that fewer rules will make the border more effective, while people are clamouring for a more restrictive border. What is this mong on?

Are you proposing that any tax collected from someone should only ever be spent on people of the same or lower income?
No. I'm proposing that it is more equitable.

For employees earning over £50,000 per year, NICs drop to 2%. Therefore, employees earning above this threshold will pay proportionally less of their income in tax.

National Insurance: young people and lower earners hit the hardest - Intergenerational Foundation

And, since we're in the realm of all things tax

Given the profits declared by competitors, Prof Sikka said Amazon's tax bill "seems very low", whereas, for retailers such as supermarket chains, tax bills as a proportion of sales were much higher.

Arse_Bandit

War Hero
No. I'm proposing that it is more equitable.

For employees earning over £50,000 per year, NICs drop to 2%. Therefore, employees earning above this threshold will pay proportionally less of their income in tax.

National Insurance: young people and lower earners hit the hardest - Intergenerational Foundation

And, since we're in the realm of all things tax

Given the profits declared by competitors, Prof Sikka said Amazon's tax bill "seems very low", whereas, for retailers such as supermarket chains, tax bills as a proportion of sales were much higher.

So your NIC contribution drops off at higher pay, the high paid don't use more resources than the 3rd gen layabout... probably less since they's not be tooting god knows what and drinking wifebeater all day... but they still pay more than someone on a living wage.

Amazon's tax bill? Meh, looks about right on a 10% margin, unless you're suggesting we tax companies on turnover rather than profit... that would make most firms insolvent so I suggest you look at the maths a little better.

The rate may drop but the actual amount they pay is more - is that not equitable?
No. The less wealthy pay a larger percentage overall.

Last edited:

Latest Threads