The Brexit Consequences Thread

article certainly says a lot more about the mentality of the author than any details. Lots of he said she said.

But from your level headed reply, and the other comments I’ve seen on the article elsewhere as I said it is yet another article that’s put out there seemingly to cause more confusion and division.

Been a long time since I was involved in the haulage trade and even those I do know now work nowhere near the ports so it i do have to rely on others comments and information to understand what’s going on.

But at the core it seems to me that if import/ports etc is what the doom mongers are focusing on, and even with a worldwide pandemic dropping a rather large shitbomb into things then if they are still having to shitstir then I’d say those organising these things haven’t done too shabbily.
Thank you. It's also worth considering that Exports, conversly imports was originally the smallest part of the economy even if relatively important. The EEC developed into a system that was largely in house monitoring of goods, but and it's a big but Ports only develop for profit. There is little point in having excess portage facilities as that would undermine wharfage fees.
It isn't Governments that build ports it's business. The only reason customs were involved was to ensure the revenue owed to the crown was collected during the EU period it applied except that the UK paid it's part separately. Now it's back to where we were pre 75.
But the functionality remains the same. The soldier carries his weapons for different reasons but essentially he carries them where he's told to by his bosses. I said earlier that there is no reason why the fundamentals need to change the verification should continue. It's down to HMRC to apply that.

Poor, overcast needn't include rain
But if all of the pavements are wet? The probability is?

Awaits "The fire service has doused the pavements in celebration of Brexit"

Polls show a dip, Red Wall MPs warn PM..

....nothing to do with policy......

Welcome to Brexitland.
brexitgoggles.jpg

Well that was an interesting narrative change. BBC was reporting it as a progressive tax on the day it came out, now a week later it's a regressive tax.
Dunno, strangely enough I don't rely on the Beeb. I do listen to them but I listen to CH4 as well, most of my news is what the FT, NYT, WSJ, Grauniad and others publish - I take my own view and it hasn't changed on this issue.

You're certainly inventive. I've always said it's combination of factors, Brexit included that have led to empty shelves. Haven't I? Why pretend otherwise?

Just to clarify, it not brexit that has led to less drivers?

The basic concept was that the nation pays, not the less well off for those better off. Not hard at all.

The better off are usually in private healthcare. The less well off are going to get old eventully.
Also not so long ago the left were wailing about how badly pensioners were being treated, now its an outrage the young are paying.

You think the Red Wall MPs who are fully aware that the votes which got them elected were loaned don't have a point then?

Not really, that what back benchers do, complain like ****, if they didnt they would be on the frontbench.

Dunno, strangely enough I don't rely on the Beeb. I do listen to them but I listen to CH4 as well, most of my news is what the FT, NYT, WSJ, Grauniad and others publish - I take my own view and it hasn't changed on this issue.

Or you could go to the Government website, which states:

4.8 Equalities impacts​

It is not anticipated that there will be direct impacts on groups sharing protected characteristics as this measure applies regardless of personal circumstances or protected characteristics in so far as they are impacted by changes to National Insurance contributions.

As the levy will be a 1.25% rate on all income above the Primary Threshold, the higher an individual’s earnings, the more they will pay. Individuals with higher earnings tend to be white, male and without a disability. For the 2022 to 2023 tax year only, this measure will also only impact those below State Pension age.

In 2022 to 2023, of the 29.0 million individuals that will lose out from this measure 15.6 million (54%) are male and 13.4 million (46%) are female.

This measure is also likely to disproportionately impact individuals whose income is predominantly made up of earnings or profits, as opposed to other forms of income such as property income, pension income or savings because the Health and Social Care Levy, as well as National Insurance contributions, is not charged on those forms of income.

So calling it a regressive tax, like you did, is pure unadulterated politically motivated bollocks.

Welcome to Brexitland.
View attachment 604106

How big of a dip? Just so we can all understand what a disaster it is.

Just to clarify, it not brexit that has led to less drivers?
It is one of the factors. How may times do you need to be told?
The better off are usually in private healthcare. The less well off are going to get old eventully.
Also not so long ago the left were wailing about how badly pensioners were being treated, now its an outrage the young are paying.
Some stuff you want to be true to start with, followed up with some stuff I didn't mention. It's the less well off I'm concerned with being taxed higher. HTH.
Not really, that what back benchers do, complain like ****, if they didnt they would be on the frontbench.
Or they just get voted out because their PM didn't listen.

Welcome to Brexitland.
View attachment 604106
Still trying. Do carry on. At some stage Covid will become part of Brexit policy. I do not believe Boris is Superman, I just don’t believe Starmer is either. I don’t have Union flag coloured glasses, but if you want identify with Boris the clown, you feel free.

Or you could go to the Government website, which states:
Hahahahahahahahaha....

The people who delivered the oven ready deal and gave us the exceptionally low covid death rate? You are a card.

So calling it a regressive tax, like you did, is pure unadulterated politically motivated bollocks.
I support "No" political party, never been a member of one and until very recently voted Conservative. I haven't voted Lib Dem or Labour since stopping voting Conservative. I benefit from the new rules. It's evident who the politically motivated bollocks is coming from.

1631636824764.png

Impossible.

I distinctly remember being promised mass unemployment.

I'm old enough to remember all the hysterics from the Remainers about Operation Yellowhammer (gov's reasonable worst case scenario).

Didn't happen, not even close, total Project Fear.

It got the Remainers fizzing at the bung hole though, the poor darlings.

I'm old enough to remember all the hysterics from the Remainers about Operation Yellowhammer (gov's reasonable worst case scenario).

Didn't happen, not even close, total Project Fear.

It got the Remainers fizzing at the bung hole though, the poor darlings.

Breaking News: Brexit Moron surprised that contingency plan for No Deal never happened even after Amazing Oven Ready Deal signed by UK. :-D

MS is announcing closure of several stores in France

They have blamed Brexit - or more specifically French customs

Its worth noting that even the French media rolls its eyes and says obviously Brexit is to Blame - The implication being any unsuccesful UK business is now hiding behind Brexit rather thanwas beaten by better competition.

MS is announcing closure of several stores in France

They have blamed Brexit - or more specifically French customs

Its worth noting that even the French media rolls its eyes and says obviously Brexit is to Blame - The implication being any unsuccesful UK business is now hiding behind Brexit rather thanwas beaten by better competition.
… which bearing in mind most of the goods effectively won’t be leaving the EU says it all. I wonder how this works for non EU companies. Sounds like they’d shot themselves in the foot again.

The implication being any unsuccesful UK business is now hiding behind Brexit rather thanwas beaten by better competition.

FFS

Anything that can get shoehorned into blaming Brexit, no matter how tenious, will be trotted out for the next 50 years.

There will be people who have not even been born yet who will be blaming Brexit.

Latest Threads