The Brexit Consequences Thread

Yarra

War Hero
30-35p per litre on gas compared with 15p per litre bottle.
Yeah, but.... proper analysis; HGV & placcy carbon footprint v gas, cylinder and associated carbon costs.. then weighted against political factors and 70's retro Brucie bonus cultural malarky*

*the Spangle factor is real Bruv.

Are you saying 14,000 drivers are responsible for the UKs low wages for HGV drivers?

Strange how you dont want to answer.
Also if it only 14000, then you cant blame brexit can you?
You might want to research the history of the formation of the NHS....Bevan a good name to start with.

That people pay for what they could use. Its an amazing concept I know.

Strange how you dont want to answer.
I've already answered
Also if it only 14000, then you cant blame brexit can you?
I said it was a combination remember? Had you been drinking? Again?
That people pay for what they could use. Its an amazing concept I know.
That wasn't quite the concept was it?

“Society becomes more wholesome, more serene, and spiritually healthier, if it knows that its citizens have at the back of their consciousness the knowledge that not only themselves, but all their fellows, have access, when ill, to the best that medical skill can provide.”

It certainly wasn't planned that the less wealthy pay for social care of those with more money was it?

1631552403991.png

I've already answered

I said it was a combination remember? Had you been drinking? Again?

You seem to keep shifting that why I dont quite understand your point.
Low wages was everyone fault except the EU migrants is that right? But now they have fucked off and wages are going up its not connected?

That wasn't quite the concept was it?

“Society becomes more wholesome, more serene, and spiritually healthier, if it knows that its citizens have at the back of their consciousness the knowledge that not only themselves, but all their fellows, have access, when ill, to the best that medical skill can provide.”

The basic concept is that you pay for your cover.

It certainly wasn't planned that the less wealthy pay for social care of those with more money was it?

View attachment 603950

Someone on the back bench says something that is against the front bench. Amazing, I bet that has never happened before.

You seem to keep shifting that why I dont quite understand your point.
Low wages was everyone fault except the EU migrants is that right? But now they have fucked off and wages are going up its not connected?
You're certainly inventive. I've always said it's combination of factors, Brexit included that have led to empty shelves. Haven't I? Why pretend otherwise?
The basic concept is that you pay for your cover.
The basic concept was that the nation pays, not the less well off for those better off. Not hard at all.
Someone on the back bench says something that is against the front bench. Amazing, I bet that has never happened before.
You think the Red Wall MPs who are fully aware that the votes which got them elected were loaned don't have a point then?

Last edited:
When we consider that the referendum was five years ago and BL and Co were saying "wait 5 years" then - and are still saying "wait 5 years"! No doubt this will be like the 1930s government declaration each year that there would be no war in 10 years.
People said five years, eh?

You think the Red Wall MPs who are fully aware that the votes which got them elected were loaned don't have a point then?
But that doesn’t make sense, the reality wasn’t that the red wall MP’s were elected on tax, they were elected for Brexit. The electorate isn’t cretinous to punish them for the fallout of the of Covid pandemic. They know every body’s bailing out. Labour supporters are not averse to paying tax as a concept, nor does the vote ”belong” to Labour, in consequence a vote is only loaned for a duration

But that doesn’t make sense, the reality wasn’t that the red wall MP’s were elected on tax, they were elected for Brexit. The electorate isn’t cretinous to punish them for the fallout of the of Covid pandemic. They know every body’s bailing out. Labour supporters are not averse to paying tax as a concept, nor does the vote ”belong” to Labour, in consequence a vote is only loaned for a duration
Mmmmmm......no drop in polls then...

Krelsea

Old-Salt
Interesting article, says a lot without saying anything in a way. Could be that the government keep ‘moving the goalposts’ due to trying to keep a shit storm to the lowest level possible and I’ve already seen others take it that they are incompetent.

Amazing that we live in a time-where so many pieces of news can get picked over and totally contrasting opinions brought from it. Almost like the journo’s enjoy the arguments

Interesting article, says a lot without saying anything in a way. Could be that the government keep ‘moving the goalposts’ due to trying to keep a shit storm to the lowest level possible and I’ve already seen others take it that they are incompetent.

Amazing that we live in a time-where so many pieces of news can get picked over and totally contrasting opinions brought from it. Almost like the journo’s enjoy the arguments

I’m sorry to say that is so old. The first point is that it is the Port owners themselves who are largely responsible. Those in the know will tell you inspection facilities at ports is minimal. They were normally installed as part of the Approvals given. Ports do not want lots of inspections, it slows things down and that slows the haulage industry which is geared to capacity.
The second thing to say was that the customs clearance system was geared to risk as defined by the Tariff. That’s why clearance depots were developed well before the EU came into being. This storm is one manufactured, they might be reminded just who got rid of what. That might prove a tad painful.

Krelsea

Old-Salt
I’m sorry to say that is so old. The first point is that it is the Port owners themselves who are largely responsible. Those in the know will tell you inspection facilities at ports is minimal. They were normally installed as part of the Approvals given. Ports do not want lots of inspections, it slows things down and that slows the haulage industry which is geared to capacity.
The second thing to say was that the customs clearance system was geared to risk as defined by the Tariff. That’s why clearance depots were developed well before the EU came into being. This storm is one manufactured, they might be reminded just who got rid of what. That might prove a tad painful.

article certainly says a lot more about the mentality of the author than any details. Lots of he said she said.

But from your level headed reply, and the other comments I’ve seen on the article elsewhere as I said it is yet another article that’s put out there seemingly to cause more confusion and division.

Been a long time since I was involved in the haulage trade and even those I do know now work nowhere near the ports so it i do have to rely on others comments and information to understand what’s going on.

But at the core it seems to me that if import/ports etc is what the doom mongers are focusing on, and even with a worldwide pandemic dropping a rather large shitbomb into things then if they are still having to shitstir then I’d say those organising these things haven’t done too shabbily.

Employment levels back to pre pandemic levels

Record numbers of job vacancies

Average earnings up 6.8% in July ( 8.3% if you include bonuses )

Hope you are all stocking up on twigs with your wage increases :D :D

It doesn’t mean they are directly linked to each other
Indeed. In the same way the grey clouds above and the wet pavements everywhere are not necessarily directly linked but....