The Brexit Consequences Thread

Truxx

LE
Number of new trade deals agreed: 1 (full details as yet unpublished). To be fair: it's a start.
It's one more than Projekt fear predicted. Plus of course your Projekt fear -like sneering carefully avoids all the other great work done by the Truss team who are, at least according to the Clever People, incapable of negotiating themselves out of a paper bag unlike the EU experts....

Wee Hawken

War Hero
It's one more than Projekt fear predicted. Plus of course your Projekt fear -like sneering carefully avoids all the other great work done by the Truss team who are, at least according to the Clever People, incapable of negotiating themselves out of a paper bag unlike the EU experts....
I'm not saying that Liz et al are doing a bad job - and in particularly challenging circumstances. There's just been a huge mount of puffery on these pages from all the usual suspects about the glorious successes of buccaneering Britain, multiple new trade deals et - that is simply unsupported by the facts.

Even my latest email from Tory HQ under Boris' signature last week made it abundantly clear that this was the first new one. So why not just keep to the facts eh?

Edited to add: @Truxx accusing anyone of "sneering" is beyond parody :)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not saying that Liz et al are doing a bad job - and in particularly challenging circumstances. There's just been a huge mount of puffery on these pages from all the usual suspects about the glorious successes of buccaneering Britain, multiple new trade deals et - that is simply unsupported by the facts.

Even my latest email from Tory HQ under Boris' signature last week made it abundantly clear that this was the first new one. So why not just keep to the facts eh?

Bore off Baggy, your posting histories are one long sneer. It's how you're so easily identifiable.

Truxx

LE

Your first sentence is exactly what you are saying.

Like I say. Typical sneering.

I dont sneer at the proponents of the Projekt. I simply hold them in utter contempt. I hope that clears things up for you.

A little reminder of Projekt Fear :) :)

People’s Vote marches. All-night sittings over obscure amendments in the House of Commons. The Supreme Court over-turning government decisions, snap elections, warnings of the closure of the car factories, long lectures on cherry-picking from Michel Barnier, and scare stories about shortages of lettuce.

House prices haven’t collapsed, unemployment hasn’t soared, and although some jobs have been lost, factories have not relocated wholesale to France and Spain, nor has the City decamped en masse for Frankfurt and Paris even if Amsterdam has picked up some trading business.

Ohhhh My - What happened remainers ?

Instead.

Despite the best efforts of a Pandemic, the best efforts of butt - hurt remainers, the best efforts of butt - hurt Brussels Belters - The UK is on an upward trajectory.

Could you all go and take your collective faces for a very large sh*te.

Truxx

LE
A little reminder of Projekt Fear :) :)

Ohhhh My - What happened remainers ?

Instead.

Despite the best efforts of a Pandemic, the best efforts of butt - hurt remainers, the best efforts of butt - hurt Brussels Belters - The UK is on an upward trajectory.

Could you all go and take your collective faces for a very large sh*te.
Looks like all that waiting and seeing paid off.

Lots more to follow.
Oh I'm sure dear Boy, all inconsequential. Plain fact is that one way or the other the EU are now breaching WTO rules. If they want effective sanctions they must go to the UN otherwise WTO is the forum. You must realise that Public opinion is a valuable weapon and without it, all the EU can do is fight rearguard actions. VDL also has internal problems, namely the EP is after her.

Actingunpaid

War Hero
What news of the twig shortage?
belter.png

Cat Lady Cadwalladr is now on her fifth set of Lawyers, in her courageous fight against the evil Russian shill* and BREXIT funder Aaron Banks:

Quite how you get through four different legal teams telling you "You're fvcked" without actually understanding that you are indeed fvcked, I have no idea. Still, at least the crowdfunding will pick up the tab. Or will it?

* Or not, depending on the strength of your relationship with reality and / or catnip.
Best not let @Graculus see that one.

Latest Threads