The Brexit Consequences Thread

Dread

LE
You seriously don't have a clue.

Actually Mr Balls-for-brains, I have quite a good clue. Clued up enough to go to Companies House and look at the fishing companies that were whining like stuck pigs. Clued up enough to look at the "Fishing Association" that comprised (surprise, surprise) of the same whining companies. Clued up enough to see that GBP 22 million profit in 2019 is not a traditional fishing outfit. Clued up to see that the association hasn't published any financials since being formed (just after the referendum) and uses the offices and people of one of Cornwall's largest fishing companies.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if, instead of importing ultra-processed shite from Europe, the hoi-polloi started to eat fresh locally and sustainably caught fish?Better for the people, better for the environment....

...but not so good for your sneering at the country and people.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Certain posters are suffering from terminal embarrassment at how badly their various predictions are crashing in flames I suspect.
Ah, the Alsacien Club.

Certain posters are suffering from terminal embarrassment at how badly their various predictions are crashing in flames I suspect.

Any news from that mover and shaker at Sandhurst?

Still loving the panto.

Would you like some soup?

Still trying to make it sound like one big joke, when really you have made yourself look like a penis?

Still trying to make it sound like one big joke, when really you have made yourself look like a penis?
AKA the Himmler effect.

I have more or less given up interacting with the broken brained F*ckers.
Still never admitting that they were spouting unsubstantiated bullshit and ignoring undeniable facts.
When i pointed out to one of the aviation scaremongers that if they tried to ground our flights we could retaliate by denying access to our airspace thus shutting down all transatlantic traffic and asked how long it would be before a solution would be found, a couple of posters on here who work in aviation said it would take hours not days to sort it out.
The scaremonger went strangely quite for a day or two, no doubt licking his wounds, his miniscule brain being unable to compute having been confronted with undeniable logic and common sense.

Last edited:
Roll over deals were always going to be quicker to sort out, as the conditions were already in place and it was just a matter of agreeing to keep things as they are and to negotiate better/different deals later.

let’s also not forget that we were unable to enter into any negotiations until we had left the eu.

That was a bit of smoke & mirrors/lies by the EU.

There was nothing to stop us negotiating with interested parties, any agreed deals just couldn't come into force/be signed (depending on who you read) until after we left.

May's supine incompetence and the EU's petty tantrum throwing prevented us from starting the ball rolling 4 years ago.

Truxx

LE
Actually Mr Balls-for-brains, I have quite a good clue. Clued up enough to go to Companies House and look at the fishing companies that were whining like stuck pigs. Clued up enough to look at the "Fishing Association" that comprised (surprise, surprise) of the same whining companies. Clued up enough to see that GBP 22 million profit in 2019 is not a traditional fishing outfit. Clued up to see that the association hasn't published any financials since being formed (just after the referendum) and uses the offices and people of one of Cornwall's largest fishing companies.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if, instead of importing ultra-processed shite from Europe, the hoi-polloi started to eat fresh locally and sustainably caught fish?Better for the people, better for the environment....

...but not so good for your sneering at the country and people.

Nice post but to be honest you might as well attempt debating the issue with a traffic bollard. You will get more out of it.

As it happens the availability of fish in our local supermarkets has increased immensely and is currently representing fantastic value for money. I purchased a side of cod the other day at £4 a kg.

Last edited:

Dread

LE
Nice post but to be honest you might as well attemt debating the issue with a traffic bollard. You will get more out of it.

As it happens the availability of fish in our local supermarkets has increased immensely and is currently representing fantastic value for money. I purchased a side of cod the other day at £4 a kg.

It's fun debunking their tripe: takes me a few moments between emails to get the information and another few seconds to type it down.

So for a few seconds of relaxation I get to wind up a bunch of cünts who are desperate for the UK to fail. Well worth it.

Wee Hawken

War Hero
Roll over deals were always going to be quicker to sort out, as the conditions were already in place and it was just a matter of agreeing to keep things as they are and to negotiate better/different deals later.
Indeed - though there's been months of trumpeting on these pages about the multiple post-Brexit trade deals signed by the UK, conveniently ignoring the fact that, until now, little or none of it was anything other than reinstating what we had walked way from.

Indeed - though there's been months of trumpeting on these pages about the multiple post-Brexit trade deals signed by the UK, conveniently ignoring the fact that, until now, little or none of it was anything other than reinstating what we had walked way from.

Weren't the existing deals something we were told could never be replicated?

Latest Threads