The Brexit Consequences Thread

G-LOST would be better.

Biden worries me in that he might get us involved in some boots on ground with some real big time scrapping as the Dems stop "US insularity".

I find it odd that everyone loves and justifies the US to apply the muscle on their behalf, and then scream like **** when the US applies muscle on behalf of the US.
Don’t worry about Biden getting us involved in a US war - instead, worry about the wars he us causing in the ME by withdrawing and leaving a power vacuum whilst simultaneously refunding hamas and Iran . There is no one in the Biden admin who has the first clue about or interest in the ME as they are fully occupied in climate change , spying on republicans, woke and the total destruction of the US economy - that vacuum will be eagerly filled by bad actors and make no mistake, by abandoning Israel , Israel will have to strike first if it suspects it is going to be attacked

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Only in the case of a WTO-stylee no-deal Brexit as demanded by the truly swivel-eyed types, as was made clear at the time.

An agreement was reached (link). As can be seen, things might get a touch more interesting in 18 months if the CAA hasn't got its act together...
Just the CAA? Or do you think that agreements will be reached, probably out of sight of the media, by the relevant organisations, or perhaps not.

Still, anything to hammer away at Brexit and you are happy.

Just the CAA? Or do you think that agreements will be reached, probably out of sight of the media, by the relevant organisations, or perhaps not.

Still, anything to hammer away at Brexit and you are happy.

Pointing out that an agreement was reached (as was insisted to be necessary) is hardly "hammering away", is it?

Pointing out that an agreement was reached (as was insisted to be necessary) is hardly "hammering away", is it?
That was allways going to be the case with the grown ups in the room.
EASA was basically a british construct and despite what One of the Strange , slackbag and a few frothing others insisted, as long as the third rate politicos of the commission were told to keep their nose out ,alignment of rules and procedures shouldn’t be difficult .
imho.

I found out last night some Mexican food chain in the US has just announced it has had to raise its prices to cover the new $15 minimum wage - another Democrat idea which will
a. result in job losses/cut in hours
b. raised costs for the meal
c. a drastic reduction in the tips the waiters/waitresses get that makes up the bulk of their wages.

and, thats before you take into acount Biden is paying people upto 40K a year to be unemployed and small businesses cannot pay equivalent or greater wages so businesses are unable to get enough staff to become profitable and others will just have to shut and make more people unemployed.

PS I hate the American system of low wages and the tipping culture and believe you should get a decent wage for a decent job without the need for tipping but its not my country so not my business
Quite a respected economists opinion.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Indeed, it was your barbed comment that followed!

It's just yet another disappointment, along with the twigs we were promised.
Along with the starvation!

I over eat and drink last Christmas thinking it was the last chance for a decent meal and bottle of wine but it seems I can still buy both. My waist is not thanking the remaining liars

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m still waiting on Kent being turned into a lorry park and super stds we were promised.

Ah, come on. Macron's trying - very trying.

Not a more deserving person would I wish a super STD upon.
His wife would scare a Super STD into oblivion - here she is without as much makeup as she usually wears:

asCI8ql.jpg

Last edited:
His wife would scare a Super STD into oblivion - here she is without as much makeup as she usually wears:

asCI8ql.jpg

What does Pikey think?

Indeed, it was your barbed comment that followed!
What's barbed? It's a simple statement of fact. The agreement gave us two years to sort stuff out; it's on the CAA (and the Government) to fix things up. If we don't succeed in having a regulatory framework in place by then, things might be a touch awkward for a while - but that's up to us, no-one else to blame. Did you read the CAA summary of the agreement that I linked?

Being an EU supporter doesn't mean that I think everything the EU does is good, or everything that's happened with Brexit is bad. Likewise, a Brexit supporter like yourself would probably acknowledge that not everything that the EU does is bad, nor that everything about Brexit has been sunny uplands.

Truxx

LE
That was allways going to be the case with the grown ups in the room.
EASA was basically a british construct and despite what One of the Strange , slackbag and a few frothing others insisted, as long as the third rate politicos of the commission were told to keep their nose out ,alignment of rules and procedures shouldn’t be difficult .
imho.
Nail head.

And for any poster to claim that the various Brexit threads were not riddled with un-caveatted predictions of aviation disaster, in the full range of possible outcomes, not just the "no deal" scenario from the usual suspects is, frankly, laughable and a strong contender for the Sir Kier Starmer Memorial Prize for Hindsight.