Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

Our EU enthusiasts have been quiet of late for some odd reason.
They’re on the Guardian comments page.

It appears to be AstraZeneca’s fault. There’s also a massive push now against vaccine nationalism.

But as the CEO of AstraZeneca has pointed out when they tried to use that one.

5% of the worlds population, demanding immediate access to 17% of the worlds supply on their terms

It appears to be AstraZeneca’s fault. There’s also a massive push now against vaccine nationalism.

5% of the worlds population, demanding immediate access to 17% of the worlds supply on their terms
You know they'll get more at the end of all this right.

Amazon and eBay still delivering, beer kits still arriving in the post, pensions are still getting paid abroad and the world still turns.
No twigs in sight at all, here or in the UK.

We are certainly in dire straights now, the calm before the storm, mark my words........................

Seems the EU still want a slice drop of what we have...
Yers according to a German MEP the issue is that the EU paid for it so it’s theirs. The fact that a slice of our money went to a EUrope for them to pay for it just sailed over his head. The spat is more between Astra Zeneca and the commission than us. However, I’m not quite sure if the EMA had actually approved the vaccine. Euronews really thinks this is going to turn into one Nasty spat. Apparently the EP want the contracts publicised so that every one can read the contractual terms. Oh dear that could be a bit embarrassing. I don’t think that will happen

You are?
You've lost the plot well in front of me.

Interesting article that - clears up a few things, explains the process for clairty.

What I found interesting was the bit about 'technology transfer' - it seems that the UK plants, while they had their issues, they were sorted quickly and a high yield/efficiency reached - seems like that hasn't happened to the same degree at the EU plants and they are still behind the curve.

This is the sort of thing that is really spotlighting the difference between us and the EU now, now that we're not shackled - damn they must hate this. Not only did we act faster, with a decent hand in the actual development, but our facilities are far more on the ball and able to adapt quicker and to a higher standard.

ACAB

LE
The French vaccine was apparently a complete failure. It provided less than the natural immune system. So, it's a win win for the UK. Again.

Interesting article that - clears up a few things, explains the process for clairty.

What I found interesting was the bit about 'technology transfer' - it seems that the UK plants, while they had their issues, they were sorted quickly and a high yield/efficiency reached - seems like that hasn't happened to the same degree at the EU plants and they are still behind the curve.

This is the sort of thing that is really spotlighting the difference between us and the EU now, now that we're not shackled - damn they must hate this. Not only did we act faster, with a decent hand in the actual development, but our facilities are far more on the ball and able to adapt quicker and to a higher standard.
Indeed. Interestingly, from what I can gather the astra Zeneca vaccine was made in small doses using a Belgian site until U.K. sites were brought on line. Naturally they had teething problems which have now been sorted out. As further European plants have been brought on line, they too have teething problems that will get sorted out, no doubt. Using lessons learnt from the previous U.K. plants.

Sadly, this issue has brought not only the EU loons out of the woodwork, but other loons.

The BBC interviewed some throbber who was going on about vaccine equity and vaccine nationalism and people not sharing technology. He was helped out my some Indian South African medical ethics lawyer who was decrying how the nasty west was for it giving the vaccines away to poorer country’s for free. (She did make a valid point that south Africa has to buy vaccines at western prices.)

Not once did any of them touch on western country’s have developed these vaccines. In the UKs case is pretty much giving it away. But no, apparently the west should develop the stuff, pay for it and then equally share the vaccines out on a global scale.

Truxx

LE
Indeed. Interestingly, from what I can gather the astra Zeneca vaccine was made in small doses using a Belgian site until U.K. sites were brought on line. Naturally they had teething problems which have now been sorted out. As further European plants have been brought on line, they too have teething problems that will get sorted out, no doubt. Using lessons learnt from the previous U.K. plants.

Sadly, this issue has brought not only the EU loons out of the woodwork, but other loons.

The BBC interviewed some throbber who was going on about vaccine equity and vaccine nationalism and people not sharing technology. He was helped out my some Indian South African medical ethics lawyer who was decrying how the nasty west was for it giving the vaccines away to poorer country’s for free. (She did make a valid point that south Africa has to buy vaccines at western prices.)

Not once did any of them touch on western country’s have developed these vaccines. In the UKs case is pretty much giving it away. But no, apparently the west should develop the stuff, pay for it and then equally share the vaccines out on a global scale.
Right then. Let me be the first to use the expression "level vaccine playingfield"

Notwithstanding the pathetic way the Borg are behaving, please would you all answer me a question? If you were abe to elect to forgo your jab in order to gibe it to someone in a more vulnerable group would you do so?

Would you do so if that person were in another european country?

Would you do so if it were someone in a commonwealth country?

Would you do so for someone in any country?

I would like to think I would, but that is not the same as 'I would".

Right then. Let me be the first to use the expression "level vaccine playingfield"

Notwithstanding the pathetic way the Borg are behaving, please would you all answer me a question? If you were abe to elect to forgo your jab in order to gibe it to someone in a more vulnerable group would you do so?

Would you do so if that person were in another european country?

Would you do so if it were someone in a commonwealth country?

Would you do so for someone in any country?

I would like to think I would, but that is not the same as 'I would".
I have no intention to jump the queue. I’ll bide my time.

However things need to be in order.

I’m happy with the current priority list.

I’d like to see key workers such as public transport, emergency services, arms forces and teachers next.

Target the ethnic minority groupings after that.

And then the rest of the country.

I don’t know whether it would be a good idea to hit islands like Orkney, jersey, Falklands, St Helena and other British overseas territories next. I.e help vaccinate those farthest away from medical support and geographically isolated . Geography also helps them to control movement.

Remember, the U.K. is the only country that has developed a not for profit, low cost easily transportable vaccine that is being readily licences for throughout the world.

We currently have enough manufacturing capacity in the U.K. to meet U.K. demands for this year.

But that’s not all. HMG has also funded to the tune of £100 million a brand new vaccine manufacturing plant in the uK that comes on line at the end of the year.

So as well as developing the vaccine, we’ve sorted out population out, but not resting in our laurels we’re expanding production capacity so we can export more vaccines.

If you’re arguing about whether we should forgo mass vaccinations for the benefit of those infirm elsewhere. Normally I’d agree.

But with the way the EU has been acting over brexit and Covid. Cheers easy, but no.

I’d rather see vaccines issued to to Zimbabwe before the EU now.

The first priority of any country in a time of crisis is similar to that of a first aider. Don’t become a casualty yourself.

Remember, vaccine plants are coming on line all over the world now.

Pfizer’s manufacturing in Germany, France and Belgium.

AstraZeneca is partnering with pharmaceutical company’s globally.

Simple fact is that there’s not enough to go around yet.

4.9 million have applied and been accepted for settled status!!

Jesus. I didn't realise we had so many EU migrants in the UK.
My mate knows of up 17 EU nationals using one girls NI number.....

Latest Threads