Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

Rover was sold in 2005 for a tenner
I know, I got one of their last offerings and have driven around in it for the last almost decade. My problem is finding something on the market that is as good or better for the money I paid almost ten years ago, £1200 for a six year old car with a ton already on the clock. I've added close on 40K- including mileage projected but not done since lockdowns began it should be near 150K . It still goes like a train-( but doesn't sound like one arf arf.) It's an MGZT 120. But then I don't spend stupid money on cars

Nothing gets in the way of a wobbly bottom lip.
It's not the wobbly bottom lip that bothers me it's the Bottom and what comes out of it . The problems in this are self imposed by people who still haven't worked out that the customer decides what goes into the single market, not them deciding what they can have in it.

If they can't import what they need the alternative is they have to set up the means of producing what they need. That's expensive and probably uncompetitive. For "level playing field" read uncompetitive.

I know, I got one of their last offerings and have driven around in it for the last almost decade. My problem is finding something on the market that is as good or better for the money I paid almost ten years ago, £1200 for a six year old car with a ton already on the clock. I've added close on 40K- including mileage projected but not done since lockdowns began it should be near 150K . It still goes like a train-( but doesn't sound like one arf arf.) It's an MGZT 120. But then I don't spend stupid money on cars
Must cost you a fortune in fuel. mine you it is a BMW

nearest relation would be a Honda Accord, Rovers previous collaboration.
cheap, good, go for ever.

So don’t use DPD courier services who to all intents and purposes are owned by the French government.
Are DPD just terrible in every country?...they always seem to be the worst delivery service.

Must cost you a fortune in fuel. mine you it is a BMW
Er actually it’s not, though it has BMW bits are in it, share the same clutch bits with the Landrover and they go wrong. But I get a reliable 38.4 to the gallon. In fact one interpretation was that Pietschreider gave the model the kiss of death on it’s launch. It never really had a chance, but it was largely a Rover design.

Little known bit of trivia, an MG ZT-T got the land speed record for an estate car back in the day
Got about 220mph I think. Very heavily modified V8

Er actually it’s not, though it has BMW bits are in it, share the same clutch bits with the Landrover and they go wrong. But I get a reliable 38.4 to the gallon. In fact one interpretation was that Pietschreider gave the model the kiss of death on it’s launch. It never really had a chance, but it was largely a Rover design.

it was much better than the contemporary BMW 5 series, so it had to die to protect Munich’s cash cow.

ACAB

LE
No, in principle we don’t pay for a zero tariff, in other words what we pay should cancel what we’ve paid for. All that happens is we collect the duties. Any increasethey could impose is not mandatory and limited if imposed under WTO rules.
also it’s also true that the EU won’t want to lose it’s U.K. customers so it’s no good defending EU pettiness . Struth it’s not that difficult.
Is he being an absolute tool again??? That is why I have him on ignore. I suggest you do as well.

There are no tariffs or quotas, Boris never said that there would be no customs declarations or VAT etc.

Import/export duties are not the same thing as tarrifs.

I would also add that customs declarations and import or export duties are not barriers, they are just part of what people have to do when importing or exporting goods.

Why, Ohhhh f***ing why, are you engaging with a f***ing mutant ?

Put the braindead trolling mutant on ignore.

Is he being an absolute tool again??? That is why I have him on ignore. I suggest you do as well.
No very few deserve that, but he does reflect the universal view. Let’s put it this way, we all have our jobs. Some of us were actually dealing with what the public don’t see, if the public knew the truth there would have been a riot if they knew just how they were ripped off and that includes our generation. Now I’m not particularly brilliant or clever, I wish I was. But any fooel know that those lining their pockets at everyone’s expense are not going to wish that to stop.

Latest Threads