Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

LepetitCaporal

War Hero
The fury of the article below (and the comments) is a joy to behold:

How dare the UK not accept the EU as a nation state!

The Vienna Convention is unequivocal, where diplomatic protections are afforded to representatives of sovereign states.

One minute the EU are complaining about the UK breaching international law (when it wasn't breached), and the next they're soliciting a clear breach of a Convention. Moreover, it's the Convention that deals with the interpretation of other Conventions.

**** them off at the high port, and quote their hypocrisy back at them.

1539-b.gif
I saw that, in the eye. Bloody brilliant. Had a quiet chuckle.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope , shepperton studios bar ( which they owned) , the summer they were recording the quadraphenia double album. Nice blokes even when Merry in booze , and kind to a teenager they just met.
( the year you were probably still going to crap village halls to dance to awful “ show bands”).
Such a fan you couldn’t even spell Daltreys Christian name properly,

Pete worked him out years ago: “Keith was a genius. John was a genius. I was certainly on the verge of it. And Roger sang.”

Truxx

LE
Have they cleared that rolled Audi your mate thought responsible for the ‘teething problems’ yet?

Asking for a friend.
You mean the CEO of Wincantons? I expect that in haulage and distribution terms he might know a thing or two.

Unlike some

PFGEN

GCM
Where are you?

South east of the Netherlands.

This is our first corona curfew night so nobody should be on the streets after 9pm. Works for me as at around 2am a group of us will be waiting in a field for the sound of a lone twotter flying over at which point we'll light up the landing strip. This is a new sort of SOE or the sausage operations exec activated after an appeal from Boris to set Europe sizzling. They'll be flying in finest full English breakfast goodies and ham sandwiches. The sandwiches will be distributed to various UK truckers at truck stops around the country. The twotter will be returning with a load of bratties, senf and yellow handbags. Who knows, in a few years there may be a new collection of photos on a wall in Knightsbridge, although the operators will probably look a lot older and not quite so fit as those of eighty years ago.

Pete worked him out years ago: “Keith was a genius. John was a genius. I was certainly on the verge of it. And Roger sang.”
Still stands that I was there and you were probably dreaming of fingering pudding faced lumps at shite village hall hops accompanied by crap showbands, and we’re not!!.

Everything's fine.....good advice I'd say. Business opportunity for someone, running all of those shell companies.

1611434490938.png

Everything's fine.....good advice I'd say. Business opportunity for someone, running all of those shell companies.

View attachment 542289

Does that mean that continental businesses will be setting up shop in the U.K.?

Remember, we import more from the EU, than the EU imports from the U.K.

The UKs a very desirable market though. The U.K. for example is BMWs third largest global market.

Remind me again where French restaurants are going to source their fish from?

UncivilServant

Old-Salt

And yet he's known worldwide, worth millions and has lived a life you could only dream about. And you are, err, skid 2 some faceless no Mark internet warrior.

So in attacking Brexiteers, you bring up a comment from a rock star as a prime example as Brexit hypocrisy? Is that all you've got?

His trout are more intelligent than you.

Isn’t that fairly standard for companies that do a lot of exporting etc?
It wasn't in the single market and some naughty peeps promised the same access.

The UKs a very desirable market though. The U.K. for example is BMWs third largest global market.

You reckon BMW might already have a UK registered company sparky?

BMW may sell more cars elsewhere but they make more profit in the UK than anywhere else.
Relates to purchase taxes in various countries

Latest Threads