The Brexit Consequences Thread

I don't think that load of fibs is aimed as us, more likely the other countries watching to see how well we do
By that time the EU will have learn't
lessons from Brexit & tightened it's policies to make it more mafia cartel.

Even Barnier has admitted Brexit was a warning shot Brussels is fully aware of the anger still.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
This from elsewhere
Roger Daltrey has been accused of being a hypocrite after signing a letter calling on No 10 to help British bands tour EU countries after having previously dismissed concerns about the impact of Brexit on the UK's music industry.

Daltrey, the lead singer of the rock band the Who, famously downplayed the effect of Brexit on bands touring Europe, once asking "what's it got to do with the rock business?"

The sunlit upland tour.
I’m not now and never have been a Who (or Brexit) fan.
I am a Who fan. Roger Daltrey could have you in a fight

Last edited:
But, this shouldn’t be happening

I'll add this for those unable to read past the headline.

Not only will they keep making cars at the Sunderland plant - They will also

Nissan is to expand its battery production plant in Sunderland to satisfy demand for a new longer-range version of its Nissan Leaf electric car.

Still building and expanding in Sunderland - Despite Brexit ;) ;)

Fake news, there’s going to be mass unemployment as firms abandon the UK, or something like that.
You can bet they’ll be scrabbling around looking for something.

It’ll probably be something along the lines of a sub contract cleaning company has folded because the owners having been paying Tax. But will then get spun as Brexit Brexit impacts car industry supply chain.

Speaking to a mate of mine who works for JLR. Asked him how things are going there. His response was massively improving. Brexit was blamed for its down turn last year ignoring their main export market is China which was going through a pandemic.

China’s recovery, Brexit uncertainty now certain have improved their outlook dramatically. Few problems with component supply, but as he deals with the supply chain so actually knows what’s going on and assesses that most of these issues are delays due to Covid .

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'll add this for those unable to read past the headline.

Not only will they keep making cars at the Sunderland plant - They will also

Still building and expanding in Sunderland - Despite Brexit ;) ;)

will we see a banzai charge of fanatical Remainers?

Tenno Heikki, BLEXIT! :rambo:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Get him pissed and skids could possibly beat him at pool.( I could do that with both Rodger and Keith when I was 16) .
Its still my coolest namedrop.!
That must have been the really crap tribute band. The real one would have been Roger and Keith couldn’t stay focussed or upright long enough to finish anything, including a drum solo.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
Email from Wing Commander .
Report the the Yanks (NATO CAMP) you on on some organising committee PS your SJAR will look good
So like a good SNCO I arrive five minutes early, knock on the door and told to come in.
So I look around, half a dozen Yanks, Two Canadians and myself.
Sit down Sgt...
Before I do can you let me know what this is about?
Oh we want you as a Brit allie to help plan our 4th of July Celebrations.
So what is the 4th July stuff?
Its our independence day.
Oh OK and remind me who you gained independence from?
The British, oh the Brit...See you Sgt
Should have told him we celebrate the 5th for getting rid of them!

That must have been the really crap tribute band. The real one would have been Roger and Keith couldn’t stay focussed or upright long enough to finish anything, including a drum solo.
Nope , shepperton studios bar ( which they owned) , the summer they were recording the quadraphenia double album. Nice blokes even when Merry in booze , and kind to a teenager they just met.
( the year you were probably still going to crap village halls to dance to awful “ show bands”).

Latest Threads