The Brexit Consequences Thread

That is a lot of hospitals.
It always gives me a warm and fluffy feeling when watching Michel Portillo travelling around previously economically backward areas of Europe
( Portugal Slovenia, Eire etc) in spanking new German built trains we helped pay for them to have.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
That is a lot of hospitals.
It always gives me a warm and fluffy feeling when watching Michel Portillo travelling around previously economically backward areas of Europe
( Portugal Slovenia, Eire etc) in spanking new German built trains we helped pay for them to have.

and the underused or unused airports...

"I didn't even know when the parcels would be coming - so I sent both back without paying the extra fees and won't be ordering anything from Europe again any time soon," Ellie says.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Remember as well that in the back drop of all of this the Napoleonic wars were going on. Certain agents of the French state helped finance dissent. Not too dissimilar to the Germans financing dissent in WW1 in Russia.
That’s novel, the French the root cause........of the potato famine, that’s a bit of a stretch. .

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ellie's not very bright, is she?

does mummy still check she’s wiped properly?
Well, the ill educated xenophobic Brexiteers were warned about the consequences of their stupidity. The plight of poor Ellie highlights just how bad it can get.

Johnson must reverse Brexit now so poor Ellie doesn’t get unexpected freight charges added to her new £200 coat.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
This from elsewhere
Roger Daltrey has been accused of being a hypocrite after signing a letter calling on No 10 to help British bands tour EU countries after having previously dismissed concerns about the impact of Brexit on the UK's music industry.

Daltrey, the lead singer of the rock band the Who, famously downplayed the effect of Brexit on bands touring Europe, once asking "what's it got to do with the rock business?"

The sunlit upland tour.
I’m not now and never have been a Who (or Brexit) fan.

This from elsewhere
Roger Daltrey has been accused of being a hypocrite after signing a letter calling on No 10 to help British bands tour EU countries after having previously dismissed concerns about the impact of Brexit on the UK's music industry.

Daltrey, the lead singer of the rock band the Who, famously downplayed the effect of Brexit on bands touring Europe, once asking "what's it got to do with the rock business?"

The sunlit upland tour.
I’m not now and never have been a Who (or Brexit) fan.

I can't explain, but you better you bet my generation won't get fooled again.

I blame Boris the Spider and all that stuff on the side of the Magic Bus.

Ellie's not very bright, is she?

does mummy still check she’s wiped properly?
Of course she could have been sensible and gone to a reputable charity shop, found a fairly new recycled coat and paid 20 quid. Brains of a ferkin rocking horse, which is insulting the rocking horse- Brains hasn't worked out that we haven't removed vat from shop bought items- so call it Purchase tax.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well, the ill educated xenophobic Brexiteers were warned about the consequences of their stupidity. The plight of poor Ellie highlights just how bad it can get.

Johnson must reverse Brexit now so poor Ellie doesn’t get unexpected freight charges added to her new £200 coat.

I have an Amazon.de account fir buying stuff in EUropa.
it’s great. I buy the stuff, they take the tax, it comes by Amazon Prime, I get no extra charge surprises, all very pain free.

I wonder if I might let Ellie know?

It's good to see the BBC getting stuck into real news items like this.

Slow news day?

It took three people to write that article...

...the coat would appear to have been ordered from/supplied by Scotch-Soda in Holland who thoughtfully advise their customers of the likelihood of customs charges/import duties:

NOTE: At delivery, customs and import duties might be charged. Scotch & Soda is not responsible for these charges.

Ellie is either not being totally honest in her pursuit of 15 seconds of fame or she really is stupid as ventured in prior posts.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
And had a Barracks in Devizes names after him. My first posting from Sandhurst.

Le Marchant Barracks - Wikipedia

Factoid. Many of the PW were Black (NAZI) and after an escape attempt was discovered they were sent to the PW Barracks at Cultybraggan. I used to go there as an Army Cadet, Great days.

Edited to add, Well this I never knew

99th (Lanarkshire) Regiment of Foot - Wikipedia
The 99th (Lanarkshire) Regiment 1824-1881 :: The Wardrobe

le Marchant commanded a Jock regiment.

That may have been a son. The one I'm speaking of died at Salamanca in 1812.

Latest Threads