Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
Oh oh, please sir, try that with me...

As a military brat who worked for 29 years in the MOD (often as the token civvy in multi-service teams), has listened to more dits than I’ve had hot dinners (my fave had to be the one involving the helicopter control deck, ropes, naked kinky wren, and a free-wandering MoD guard dog) and with friends who are service personnel or married to service personnel, I’d love an excuse to show how awesome my understanding is of the management side of the armed forces and how it drives seemingly odd decisions that impact service personnel. ;)
29 Years? Nig

WightMivvi

War Hero
29 Years? Nig
I was in for the long haul, but the missus had the temerity to be born with wonky rna, forcing me to “retire” 17 years earlier than the government wanted.

I now spend my time picking broken things up off the floor (cups, plates, wife...).

However, I do believe civvies have a role in these hallowed halls; we‘re not the point of the spear but, without us, you won’t get the shaft.

We do the really boring stuff so the military don’t have to.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
And if that happened to me I would read the leaflet whilst munching the sandwich. Hopefully still in the presence of the customs chappie.
Yeah spare a thought for an ex oppo of mine for did an African bag to find 5 decomposing Howler monkeys, maggot ridden that had come all the way through France ( sic) and yes he did throw up discretely. The point is it's horses for courses and no the continental Customs did not do their jobs or they didn't look. And that's before you did the African dried fish- Shit you itched after that one and needed a shower.
Our boss, now deceased had a stand up row with Environmental health who refused to take it away for incineration. And that's before you start with endangered species smuggling. Horses for courses.

But this point is worth the making, if we are importing deli prepared hams or sausages from other countries, it hardly makes sense to re export them from whence they came. Personally prepared food for individual consumption shouldn't come within the remit, it is after all personal, but there is no allowance. If the French want to make arses of themselves, let them.

WightMivvi

War Hero
I gather HM Forces do get shafted though.
They certainly feel they do, but it’s often down to the average service person‘s focus on getting stuff done vs the average civvy’s lack of resources.

[Desperately trying to get back on topic] It’s a bit like Brexit - apart from a few nutters, most of us just want the same thing (a functioning comfortable country). It’s just that some of us want to prioritise getting stuff done whilst others want to prioritise doing it in a favoured way.

You can shove your grounded planes up your arris, some of us are still waiting on twigs, Dunstable and dogging...

JB

Bollocks, where's my................

1611056814858.png

WightMivvi said:
Apologies for going off-topic, but I feel it’s an important diversion.
Apparently, they had an old helicopter carcass in a dark corner of the site (Sultan), used for disassembling / familiarity by the trainee engineers.
My boss had been duty officer on the night that a guard dog got wind of something and went tearing off to the carcass. Naturally, the handler followed and found a sailor and wren both naked in the cockpit, with her tied to the control panel. They only realised they’d been rumbled when the dog ran in and started nuzzling the bloke’s backside, mid-thrust so to speak.
The dog’s handler wasn‘t totally sure of the correct way to deal with situation, so told the dog to bite the intruders if they tried to move (or get untied / dressed) and then called the guard out for support (there may have been other intruders ;) ).
Apparently, the response time from the rest of the guardhouse was very impressive and they all needed to traipse into the cockpit to interview the (still naked / tied) possible intruders...

These things happen. We've all been there.

My bold @ Brotherton Lad .... Come on details or its BS!!

WightMivvi said:
Apparently, they had an old helicopter carcass in a dark corner of the site (Sultan), used for disassembling / familiarity by the trainee engineers.
My boss had been duty officer on the night that a guard dog got wind of something and went tearing off to the carcass. Naturally, the handler followed and found a sailor and wren both naked in the cockpit, with her tied to the control panel. They only realised they’d been rumbled when the dog ran in and started nuzzling the bloke’s backside, mid-thrust so to speak.
The dog’s handler wasn‘t totally sure of the correct way to deal with situation, so told the dog to bite the intruders if they tried to move (or get untied / dressed) and then called the guard out for support (there may have been other intruders ;) ).
Apparently, the response time from the rest of the guardhouse was very impressive and they all needed to traipse into the cockpit to interview the (still naked / tied) possible intruders...

My bold .... Come on details photos or its BS!!

A freebie

JB

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
WightMivvi said:

A gentleman never tells.

WightMivvi said:

He was the dog....

Attachments

• 3490859E00000578-3604744-The_sound_and_lighting_technician_described_his_human_pup_lifest-m-11...jpg
    3490859E00000578-3604744-The_sound_and_lighting_technician_described_his_human_pup_lifest-m-11...jpg
    142 KB · Views: 7
Just an FYI.

As has been posted somewhere else on here, it seems that the lorries are from a company called DR Collins.

They didn’t have issues with expanding last year.

Although, I’m intrigued if somebody can tell me, with most of these fish exports going to Spanish and French restaurants. How are these restaurants buying the produce if they’re all closed? And if they still want to buy the produce which they can’t provide domestically, where are they getting the replacements .

I only say this as a customer of ours has recently identified that they’ve overstocked so they’re pulling out all stops to reject our product to avoid contractual obligations to buy our products .

Truxx

LE
"David Noble, whose Aegirfish buys from Scottish fleets to export to Europe, said he would have to pay between £500 to £600 per day for paperwork, wiping out most profit."

With the cost of yesterdays lorry stunt by another transporter probably around £100, 000 he could afford the 500 a day for the next 6 months......

I am surprised the media are not on to that.

Latest Threads