Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

Truxx

LE
My God, the world is collapsing and it due to Brexit...

Trampoline prices 'to soar 50% on shipping costs'

How will we cope?

Seriously, we are now in mid-January, and if the only thing they can find wrong are trampolines, a few bits of fish, and the odd incompetent haulage companies who can't fill out a few bits of paperwork properly, surely these "journalists" need to find something else to report on.
I suspect that they will bounce back.

How will we cope?

Seriously, we are now in mid-January, and if the only thing they can find wrong are trampolines, a few bits of fish, and the odd incompetent haulage companies who can't fill out a few bits of paperwork properly, surely these "journalists" need to find something else to report on.
James Owen, owner of Outdoor Toys, says high transport costs and port congestion may mean larger toys such as swings, trampolines and climbing frames will be more expensive.
Trampoline prices could soar by 40-50%, he told BBC 5 Live's Wake Up to Money.
"His firm makes some products in the UK already and rising shipping costs will mean it will become economical to make more."

Fkin Bonus....

Truxx

LE

How will we cope?

I suspect that they will bounce back.
Must not laugh…

Police slap Scottish seafood truckers with Covd fines for 'unnecessary journeys' as they descend on No10'​

Let's hope the trucks were LEZ compliant ....

James Owen, owner of Outdoor Toys, says high transport costs and port congestion may mean larger toys such as swings, trampolines and climbing frames will be more expensive.
Trampoline prices could soar by 40-50%, he told BBC 5 Live's Wake Up to Money.
"His firm makes some products in the UK already and rising shipping costs will mean it will become economical to make more."

Fkin Bonus....

It's all swings and roundabouts.

An interesting read.

It’s almost like to potential to export has gone up, but nobody seems to know what the £200 million the SNP was given to prepare for Brexit has been spent on.

My bold .. Hmm .. anybody seen wee Kranky's new villa in some obscure tax haven?

How will we cope?

^

This worries me greatly.

The sight of a trampoline in a garden is a very good indicator of Chavness.

WightMivvi

War Hero
The never-served, no-mark civvy who hangs around on a mil-focused web forum shows his concern for service personnel and their families. Tosser.
Oh oh, please sir, try that with me...

As a military brat who worked for 29 years in the MOD (often as the token civvy in multi-service teams), has listened to more dits than I’ve had hot dinners (my fave had to be the one involving the helicopter control deck, ropes, naked kinky wren, and a free-wandering MoD guard dog) and with friends who are service personnel or married to service personnel, I’d love an excuse to show how awesome my understanding is of the management side of the armed forces and how it drives seemingly odd decisions that impact service personnel. ;)

ULEZ is now £100 per day for HGV to enter.

A £1000 fine (reduced to £500 if paid within 14 days) awaits any transgressors.

A pricey day out in the Smoke.
Our European drivers will just mug it off

Oh oh, please sir, try that with me...

As a military brat who worked for 29 years in the MOD (often as the token civvy in multi-service teams), has listened to more dits than I’ve had hot dinners (my fave had to be the one involving the helicopter control deck, ropes, naked kinky wren, and a free-wandering MoD guard dog) and with friends who are service personnel or married to service personnel, I’d love an excuse to show how awesome my understanding is of the management side of the armed forces and how it drives seemingly odd decisions that impact service personnel. ;)

Never mind the rest of the bollox, tell us more about the bit in bold....

Priorities man, priorities.

WightMivvi

War Hero
Never mind the rest of the bollox, tell us more about the bit in bold....

Priorities man, priorities.
Apologies for going off-topic, but I feel it’s an important diversion.

Apparently, they had an old helicopter carcass in a dark corner of the site (Sultan), used for disassembling / familiarity by the trainee engineers.

My boss had been duty officer on the night that a guard dog got wind of something and went tearing off to the carcass. Naturally, the handler followed and found a sailor and wren both naked in the cockpit, with her tied to the control panel. They only realised they’d been rumbled when the dog ran in and started nuzzling the bloke’s backside, mid-thrust so to speak.

The dog’s handler wasn‘t totally sure of the correct way to deal with situation, so told the dog to bite the intruders if they tried to move (or get untied / dressed) and then called the guard out for support (there may have been other intruders ;) ).

Apparently, the response time from the rest of the guardhouse was very impressive and they all needed to traipse into the cockpit to interview the (still naked / tied) possible intruders...

Apparently, they had an old helicopter carcass in a dark corner of the site (Sultan), used for disassembling / familiarity by the trainee engineers.

My boss had been duty officer on the night that a guard dog got wind of something and went tearing off to the carcass. Naturally, the handler followed and found a sailor and wren both naked in the cockpit, with her tied to the control panel. They only realised they’d been rumbled when the dog ran in and started nuzzling the bloke’s backside, mid-thrust so to speak.

The dog’s handler wasn‘t totally sure of the correct way to deal with situation, so told the dog to bite the intruders if they tried to move (or get untied / dressed) and then called the guard out for support (there may have been other intruders ;) ).

Apparently, the response time from the rest of the guardhouse was very impressive and they all needed to traipse into the cockpit to interview the (still naked / tied) possible intruders...
"They only realised they’d been rumbled when the dog ran in and started nuzzling the bloke’s backside, mid-thrust so to speak."

You have to pay for that these days.

So the dog rimmed the sailor?
You sure it ended there?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

These things happen. We've all been there.

That's right, sparky.
Feel free to keep mashing the buttons. Your kitten like rage is amusing.
You clearly put as much effort into the research of the links you post, as you do research into arrsers banter.

But you are a never served no mark civvy who was walting on about two way ranges the other day, tho.

Or am I wrong about that?

Oyibo

LE
But you are a never served no mark civvy who was walting on about two way ranges the other day, tho.

Or am I wrong about that?

Have a guess. (Clue: You are wrong.)

Latest Threads