The Brexit Consequences Thread

Then why are Scottish exporters having more problems than others?
Than other what? Shellfish and fish exporters? I don't think they are, they just happen to be the biggest suppliers and are more distant. No idea about the life of chilled seafood as opposed to frozen. You'll know better.

Once again, why is Wetminster giving them compensation if the SNP is responsbile?

Than other what? Shellfish and fish exporters? I don't think they are, they just happen to be the biggest suppliers and are more distant. No idea about the life of chilled seafood as opposed to frozen. You'll know better.

Once again, why is Wetminster giving them compensation if the SNP is responsbile?

I would imagine compensation is a relatively easy win for Westminster.
Nullifies the argument befor ethe SNP make it and from that point quite a logical move.

HMG knew there were likely to be fresh seafood issues, thats why they announced a £100 million investment plan for seafood processing infrastructure as soon as tje deal was announced, that got a bit lost in the furore I suspect

The real reason there is so much more noise coming out of Scotland (and yes I accept they are the biggest seafood exporting part of the UK) is because its a political hot potato. The SNP is clearly deliberately punting blame to Westminster and personally I think its a preplanned effort on their part.
I suspect Boris knows it and isn't rising to the bait. Hence the financial help. Thats a bit of a Westminster win really isn't it? While ScotGov wallows in inaction UKGov spreads the cash around to help out.

The Scottish government has failed to make any effort to prepare and help the Scottish seafood industry, deliberate political posturing or complete ineptitude? I don't know but I suspect deliberate

What I do know for certain, as does every other HGV operator on this site (and there are a few of us) is that the UK Gov has been seriously pushing all of us to prepare for full customs checks etc for a long time now. There is nothing that should have been a surprise
Information and advice has been availalble and sent to us all, repeatedly and regularly.
Trade publications have been full of job adverts for export admin staff for months, there is no excuse for not knowing what was coming.

The Spanish are apparently playing games with us on the border with Gibraltar.

I hope we have enough muscle down there to keep them out.
The BBC NEWS, has just confirmed the news tagged-on to the end of that link/clip . . .

The Gib/Spanish hard border is to be REMOVED, allowing FREE MOVEMENT, and FRONTEX will man sea and air arrivals into Gib . . . which will join/is to be regarded as . . . a members/part of, the Schengen Area !!

Has the fcuking world gone mad !! :( .

Posted on: the "gibraltars-future" thread, and also this "brexit-consequences" thread.

Last edited:
Shut the border, the 12,000 spaniards that work in Gib can have a word with Madrid.
After every incursion we should shut the border for 48 hours for "technical reasons".
See my latest above! The border is to go! There will be no border to close :( .

Last edited:
I would imagine compensation is a relatively easy win for Westminster.
Nullifies the argument befor ethe SNP make it and from that point quite a logical move.
Far better to point the finger at the source surely? I know the source BTW - it isn't in Scotland
HMG knew there were likely to be fresh seafood issues, thats why they announced a £100 million investment plan for seafood processing infrastructure as soon as tje deal was announced, that got a bit lost in the furore I suspect
Which does nothing for these exports does it?
The real reason there is so much more noise coming out of Scotland (and yes I accept they are the biggest seafood exporting part of the UK) is because its a political hot potato. The SNP is clearly deliberately punting blame to Westminster and personally I think its a preplanned effort on their part.
Again, I'm no fan of the SNP, see my posting history. Blame is going to Westminster for good reason.
I suspect Boris knows it and isn't rising to the bait. Hence the financial help. Thats a bit of a Westminster win really isn't it? While ScotGov wallows in inaction UKGov spreads the cash around to help out.
Boris is avoiding it and pointing at everything other than the root cause.
The Scottish government has failed to make any effort to prepare and help the Scottish seafood industry, deliberate political posturing or complete ineptitude? I don't know but I suspect deliberate
Dover is the issue. Multiple reasons, including the UK gov giving wrong postcodes, now corrected.
What I do know for certain, as does every other HGV operator on this site (and there are a few of us) is that the UK Gov has been seriously pushing all of us to prepare for full customs checks etc for a long time now. There is nothing that should have been a surprise
How about if the government has failed to heed its own advice?
Information and advice has been availalble and sent to us all, repeatedly and regularly.
Trade publications have been full of job adverts for export admin staff for months, there is no excuse for not knowing what was coming.
How many customs agents are there? If there's a shortage, and there is, where are the recruits going to come from?

Now that the UK has left the EU, the Germans have wasted no time in getting up to their old tricks again.

This sounds a little tinfoil-hatted, but I assure you it is not. I also couldn't believe it, but now it is in all the MSM and on TV news. Germany is re-establishing detention camps. No, that is not a typo or misunderstanding.

A few weeks ago the government changed the Infektionsschutzgesetz (Infection protection legislation), to give themselves unprecedented far-reaching civil powers. As a result, each of the federal states is establishing detention centres in which to hold Corona rebels.

They can arrest and detain anybody, with or without a positive test result, that refuses to abide by isolation or quarantine measures in place in their community.

At first I didn't believe this and thought it was a conspiracy theory, but now it is in Die Welt, Frankfurter Allgemeine, SWR and on WDR2 radio news. In fact I still can't believe it. Madness......... I cannot imagine this happening in any other western democracy.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Now that the UK has left the EU, the Germans have wasted no time in getting up to their old tricks again.

This sounds a little tinfoil-hatted, but I assure you it is not. I also couldn't believe it, but now it is in all the MSM and on TV news. Germany is re-establishing detention camps. No, that is not a typo or misunderstanding.

A few weeks ago the government changed the Infektionsschutzgesetz (Infection protection legislation), to give themselves unprecedented far-reaching civil powers. As a result, each of the federal states is establishing detention centres in which to hold Corona rebels.

They can arrest and detain anybody, with or without a positive test result, that refuses to abide by isolation or quarantine measures in place in their community.

At first I didn't believe this and thought it was a conspiracy theory, but now it is in Die Welt, Frankfurter Allgemeine, SWR and on WDR2 radio news. In fact I still can't believe it. Madness......... I cannot imagine this happening in any other western democracy.

have the Reichsbahn laid on spezial trains to take people to the camps?

Interesting, a tacticle reminder that Brussels failed to get CoL FS included in the treaty very much to it's annoyance, Industry insiders believe the EU financial passport will be part of Brexit talks part 2.

Extract
"The Government is extremely disappointed at the EU’s failure to reciprocate after it granted equivalence to 28 areas of business such as EU investment firms, exchanges and credit rating agencies in November".

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Interesting, a tacticle reminder that Brussels failed to get CoL FS included in the treaty very much to it's annoyance, Industry insiders believe the EU financial passport will be part of Brexit talks part 2.

Extract
"The Government is extremely disappointed at the EU’s failure to reciprocate after it granted equivalence to 28 areas of business such as EU investment firms, exchanges and credit rating agencies in November".

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

the EU lives in this fantasy it can put an impenetable wall of tarrifs around EUtopia and live a life of harmonious luxury, totally devoid from the vagaries of the real world.

Far better to point the finger at the source surely? I know the source BTW - it isn't in Scotland

Which does nothing for these exports does it?

Again, I'm no fan of the SNP, see my posting history. Blame is going to Westminster for good reason.

Boris is avoiding it and pointing at everything other than the root cause.

Dover is the issue. Multiple reasons, including the UK gov giving wrong postcodes, now corrected.

How about if the government has failed to heed its own advice?

How many customs agents are there? If there's a shortage, and there is, where are the recruits going to come from?

First one, present some evidence!
2nd, no it doesn't but it was a prediced and acceptable cost to Brexit
3rd, again present you evidence
4th, no surprise from any politician. They lie for a living
5th do tell.....
6th Of course it has, I refer you back to 4th
7th No idea. But I do know that the advice and instruction from HMG has been thorough and well presented. We all also know that the big problem is lots of companies and the Scottish Gov did nothing with that advice and instruction

have the Reichsbahn laid on spezial trains to take people to the camps?
1st Class travel of course - may be EU will foot the bill?

1610883064960.png

Latest Threads