The Brexit Consequences Thread

Does it upset you that so far two weeks in, the best you can come up with is streaming services not working on the continent

Where has that story came from? Netflix seems fine and the others work with a VPN (like they always have in the rest of the world).

You dropped the lip into a strand of the thread about fishing, which was balmin gthe SNP. So far so good?

Drop something else random in, it'll make it more interesting.

As much as I would like to add some more input this evening about Brexit consequences, it may confuse you, again.
Chins up.

Last edited:

Dread

LE
No, they have the BBC instead.

Apologies for the source, but I found it amusing that the BBC forgot to mention that the Welsh lady having trouble sending shellfish to Spain still supports BREXIT. Brexit news: Brexiteer spends £40,000 on no deal – 'I care about my grandchildren' | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Not what was asked is it? They're not responsible for Dover are they?

Then you need to be more precise in what you ask. Scotland is responsible for its own fisheries. Fish landed by Scottish fishermen in Scottish ports are accounted for there. The Customs paperwork for export will be completed in Scotland, not Dover. Please explain why a Scottish failure to do something correctly is an English problem.

You can shove your grounded planes up your arris, some of us are still waiting on twigs, Dunstable and dogging...

JB
You forgot to include the less pleasant aspect of Brexit:

1610825715795.jpeg

We work a 4 on 4 off shift rotor. 183 days off plus annual leave which has bank holidays included in it.

So about 200 days off plus.

Downside longer shifts 11hours.

Further upside four days leave sandwiched with days off give you a 12 day break.
When I worked for British Telecom, some of us moved from a 5 day week of 37.5 hrs to what was called a 9 day fortnight (one week 4 days the next 5 days still averaging 37.5 hrs/week). Advantage to workers some long weekends, disadvantage working days were now 8.5 hrs instead of 7.5, but the extra day was considered worth it. Benefit to management engineers working hours fitted in better with customers especially if the team were staggered so that each week there were some staff on 4 days & some on 5. Such a good deal from our point of view that it caused a lot of niggle from groups that were not allowed to change if no advantage to the management, we the team had to put up and prove our case for the change being good for the Company, the union were of no help as it did not involve any additional pay, so it must be the management taking advantage of us.

Surely we've all had a shiit ton of the clowns service provided by the Arrse Belters?
They've certainly kept me amused.
I believe that Arrse Belter is a reserved occupation and thus, the belters will not be called up for Compulsory Clown Service. The belters may, in the fullness of time, come to be known as the Bosun Boys.

civvy

Old-Salt
Does it upset you that so far two weeks in, the best you can come up with is streaming services not working on the continent and limited issues with exports which are mostly down to poor preparation by businesses?

Where’s my grounded planes?

We live under a SID path and it's very, very quiet at the moment. Can't think of anything other than BREXIT that might be causing that. Oh! Wait...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It's going a lot better in Kent than it is in Dublin and other ports of the 26 counties according to a bloke called Aidan Flynn.
He doesn't seem happy at all.

(Another bloke who thinks that proof-reading his letters is a waste of time too)
I’m sure he’s not. But it doesn’t look as if there’s a whole lot to laugh about in lorry park Kent.
What headcase thinks this is a good idea or a brexit benefit.

The UK Govt plans to raise money from hauliers by taxing them £50 an hour as they park at the govt's 'inland border facilities" while waiting for Brexit customs checks.
Who pays for that at the far end?

Is the Kent lorry permit free or does that cost money too.?

Four years going ‘Fish, fish, fish, fish’ and two weeks in, promising £10m rescue package, with rotting fish on the quayside and previous Brexit supporters saying they’re going out of business

Empty shelves in England (again) and Wales

There’s something deeply flawed in your thinking when you think it’s a plus when a European academic thinks the British negotiated really well. Like being caught for hide and seek and being told you were really good at hiding.

So far the only Brexit benefit has been Banzais blue passport and we could have had that without leaving the Eu and threatening to put our own homegrown firm De la Rue out of business.
The English and Welsh fishing fleets don’t have the SNP sitting on the side lines doing nothing about it trying to make political capital from it.

Brexit was put together to save the Welsh fishing fleet? , that explains why they’re the only fishing community not complaining.

I’m sure he’s not. But it doesn’t look as if there’s a whole lot to laugh about in lorry park Kent.

The UK Govt plans to raise money from hauliers by taxing them £50 an hour as they park at the govt's 'inland border facilities" while waiting for Brexit customs checks.

Four years going ‘Fish, fish, fish, fish’ and two weeks in, promising £10m rescue package, with rotting fish on the quayside and previous Brexit supporters saying they’re going out of business

There’s something deeply flawed in your thinking when you think it’s a plus when a European academic thinks the British negotiated really well. Like being caught for hide and seek and being told you were really good at hiding.

So far the only Brexit benefit has been Banzais blue passport and we could have had that without leaving the Eu and threatening to put our own homegrown firm De la Rue out of business.

Brexit was put together to save the Welsh fishing fleet? , that explains why they’re the only fishing community not complaining.
Are you actually a fvcking goldfish with internet access?????

1610829181633.jpeg

Latest Threads