The Brexit Consequences Thread

Truxx

LE
Just how real are the food shortages claimed by the harbingers of doom on various media sites? Pictures of empty freezers and crisis as aubergines are no longer available. I guess mince, tatties and turnip is no longer good enough for the British palate. I saw one photo of an empty shelf but round about it were the ingredients for a proper feast. I have no idea of the situation on the ground but it does sound exaggerated

As at this afternoon a certain firm of my ken had moved 3900 truckloads of stuff into NI. 3 hold ups, the longest of which took 80 minutes to sort out (double glasing extrusion apparently)

so if there are shortages of stuff it is not to do with the customs clearance

Last edited:

PFGEN

GCM
As at this aftwrnoon a certain firm of my ken had moved 3900 truckloads of stuff into NI. 3 hold ups, the longest of which took 80 minutes to sort out (double glasing extrusion apparently)

so if there are shortages of stuff it is not to do with the customs clearance

That's a lot of truckloads.

Big firm...

My contact tells me that NI (ROI) are quite on the ball..

The Dutch have now joined the fFrench in being knobs now though so expect to see some Continuity Projekt Fear focus on Dover next week
Is it safe to assume that the stories that skid and irlsgt are going to produce are not going to be entirely accurate ?

PFGEN

GCM
Big firm...

My contact tells me that NI (ROI) are quite on the ball..

The Dutch have now joined the fFrench in being knobs now though so expect to see some Continuity Projekt Fear focus on Dover next week

The Dutch weren't too keen on their being no deal with the UK as a lot of stuff comes through Rotterdam not to mention other tie ins with the UK. They'd prefer it to be a smooth transition. I expect the government may have a few words with the customs service. Oh wait, since this afternoon there isn't a government, it collapsed. I suspect everybody is so busy with covid that teething problems or people being cocks are not high on the list. Once it starts costing money expect changes.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
The Dutch weren't too keen on their being no deal with the UK as a lot of stuff comes through Rotterdam not to mention other tie ins with the UK. They'd prefer it to be a smooth transition. I expect the government may have a few words with the customs service. Oh wait, since this afternoon there isn't a government, it collapsed. I suspect everybody is so busy with covid that teething problems or people being cocks are not high on the list. Once it starts costing money expect changes.

the Cloggies are looking across the North Sea at a very serious threat to their Rotterdam Golden Goose, the UK east coast Freeports with their highly integrated transport links.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Ouch....:grin:

JB
Ouch, your arse. He’s quoting someone on the winning end of things with with a sparkly Wikipedia who nobody’s ever heard.of.

I guarantee whoever he is he’s not sitting beside a trawler watching the days catch rotting before his eyes.

Taking any crumb of comfort from Nurdin about the British negotiators is about as much use as Franz Backenbauer telling the English football team that their penalty taking has really improved.

Ouch, your arse. He’s quoting someone on the winning end of things with with a sparkly Wikipedia who nobody’s ever heard.of.

I guarantee whoever he is he’s not sitting beside a trawler watching the days catch rotting before his eyes.

Taking any crumb of comfort from Nurdin about the British negotiators is about as much use as Franz Backenbauer telling the English football team that their penalty taking has really improved.
What new ignorance from our bog trotting cousins is this?

Oyibo

LE

Just face it. You got your arse handed to you.

When in a hole, and all that.

You been sniffing C3H5N3O9 again? You know what the quacks told you about how it rots what's left of your brain, when they discharged you the last time. Tut.
Cheers @creepy_guy, top Geoffing.

I like you. Your impotent rage and teary foot stamping arouses me.
Keep it up.

Probably not a bad thing , I understand that Belgium runs very well when there isn't a government

Fishing doesn't quite work like that, unless you have a big factory boat and available freezer space in port will go PDQ. But you knew that of course.

How about the Scots fisheries?

Nice to see everyone not GAF about what was supposed to be one of the big factors...menwhile...in Denmark

'The only way': Scots fishermen admit sailings to Denmark to sell their fish because of Brexit

Are Scots sisheries experienceing different problems to English and Welsh ones?

The Spanish are apparently playing games with us on the border with Gibraltar.

I hope we have enough muscle down there to keep them out.
Business as usual then...

This from March 2020 suggest incursions every day of every year except Saturdays and Sundays...

BRITAIN has stepped up its battle against Spain after shock figures revealed the UK was forced to complain to Madrid over nearly 4,000 unlawful incursions off of Gibraltar over the past decade.​

Admittedly it is in the Express

Business as usual then...

This from March 2020 suggest incursions every day of every year except Saturdays and Sundays...

BRITAIN has stepped up its battle against Spain after shock figures revealed the UK was forced to complain to Madrid over nearly 4,000 unlawful incursions off of Gibraltar over the past decade.​

Admittedly it is in the Express
If that’s as published, the person who subbed the piece needs a bloody good kicking: ‘... off of ...’ indeed!

Latest Threads