Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not now, chaps. Keep to your ancient prejudices. I have a cryptic crossword to finish.

Not in my experience. Now at 45 years' worth.
45 years, and you haven't worked out grunts are fick?

How long did it take you to finish the soup course?

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
Looks like here’s another example of where UK policies are going to be superior to the EU’s:

Long story short, visitors from the UK can only spend 90 days (out of every 180 days) inside the EU without a visa. Visitors from the EU to the UK can stay for 180 days without a visa.

Do we blame “Bonkers Boris” for the fact that EU policies are less generous towards foreigners?

Do we blame “Bonkers Boris” for the fact that EU policies are less generous towards foreigners?
Of course we do. Why wouldn’t we? Johnson is to blame for everything.

Even the things he couldn’t possibly be blamed for. He is to blame for not being to blame for the things that he is blamed for.

Boris Grrr.

Offa

War Hero
Looks like here’s another example of where UK policies are going to be superior to the EU’s:

Long story short, visitors from the UK can only spend 90 days (out of every 180 days) inside the EU without a visa. Visitors from the EU to the UK can stay for 180 days without a visa.

All part of the 'punish the UK' policy from the EU.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
Of course we do. Why wouldn’t we? Johnson is to blame for everything.

Even the things he couldn’t possibly be blamed for. He is to blame for not being to blame for the things that he is blamed for.

Boris Grrr.
It’s just part of the victim mythology created by those who oppose Brexit.

A couple of my personal favourites parts of this mythology are:

The Polish woman who appeared on Question Time a few days after the Referendum, saying she was now scared of being in the UK. She hadn’t experienced any racism, no laws had changed, nothing in her life was impacted, but she was now scared because people had exercised their democratic rights.

The other one was the xenophobic Brexit-inspired murder of a poor blameless Polish man, stabbed and killed whilst enjoying a quiet pint by racist British thugs inspired by Brexit to hate foreigners. It was all over the papers; proof that Brexit = Hate.

It turns out the Polish guy was drunk and leary and was racially abusing a bunch of black youths who took exception to his racism so stabbed him.

My personal view is that there is a lot of propaganda, fake news and undeserved blame put out across Europe and believed by a lot of stupid people who just swallow whatever bull plop they are served.

Does this mean an end to my perving on the delightful Scarlette Douglas and Laura Hamilton on that "A place in the sun" thing my Mrs is always watching?

Capture.PNG

Capture3.PNG