Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

I haven’t waved a flag in my entire adult life (it’s far too energetic and un-British). As the child of an immigrant I have a quiet pride for this country, and I’ve been proud and honoured to work with the armed forces of this country.

I used to wave one on Empire Day.

Brexit: GB-NI trade 'will involve 30 million declarations' a year​

Who never saw that coming?...
It would be helpful if you linked to the BBC article you go the headline from.
As you clearly forgot to do so, I pasted the article below, with the important bit in green bold. 30,000,000 declarations a year works out at just under 1 a second, so not exactly difficult to cope with.

The new Irish Sea border will involve as many as 30 million customs declarations annually on trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The comments were made in a briefing to businesses in NI by government adviser Frank Dunsmuir.
Northern Ireland will leave the EU's customs union at the end of the Brexit transition in January.
However, it will enforce EU customs rules at its ports, meaning goods coming from GB will need declarations.
Mr Dunsmuir works for Fujitsu, which is part of a consortium providing a Trader Support Service (TSS) to NI businesses.
The TSS will help traders with the customs declarations, using a new digital system.
It has opened for registration so businesses can start to provide necessary data before it goes live at the end of December.

Modern technology

In a seminar run by Manufacturing NI, Mr Dunsmuir said the new system would be able to cope with the high number of declarations.
He used the analogy of buying goods on Amazon where it is a smooth and rapid process so long as the correct "master data" has been provided in advance.

"The TSS needs to be able to take advantage of modern digital technology," he added.
The government is to spend up to £355m on the TSS.
It has committed £50m for the establishment and first phase of the service, with the full contract worth up to £200m.
A further £155m will be available for technology investment to digitise and streamline the new processes.

It would be helpful if you linked to the BBC article you go the headline from.
As you clearly forgot to do so, I pasted the article below, with the important bit in green bold. 30,000,000 declarations a year works out at just under 1 a second, so not exactly difficult to cope with.

The new Irish Sea border will involve as many as 30 million customs declarations annually on trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The comments were made in a briefing to businesses in NI by government adviser Frank Dunsmuir.
Northern Ireland will leave the EU's customs union at the end of the Brexit transition in January.
However, it will enforce EU customs rules at its ports, meaning goods coming from GB will need declarations.
Mr Dunsmuir works for Fujitsu, which is part of a consortium providing a Trader Support Service (TSS) to NI businesses.
The TSS will help traders with the customs declarations, using a new digital system.
It has opened for registration so businesses can start to provide necessary data before it goes live at the end of December.

Modern technology

In a seminar run by Manufacturing NI, Mr Dunsmuir said the new system would be able to cope with the high number of declarations.
He used the analogy of buying goods on Amazon where it is a smooth and rapid process so long as the correct "master data" has been provided in advance.

"The TSS needs to be able to take advantage of modern digital technology," he added.
The government is to spend up to £355m on the TSS.
It has committed £50m for the establishment and first phase of the service, with the full contract worth up to £200m.
A further £155m will be available for technology investment to digitise and streamline the new processes.
Obfuscation and fvckwittery. All remainers have left and all they have ever had.
Careful now, he'll be offering you out.

Brexit blow as US poised to shun UK trade deal: 'Boris Johnson is in a mess'​

Brexit deal remains elusive, EU's Barnier tells Brussels envoys​

Meh.

Brexit blow as US poised to shun UK trade deal: 'Boris Johnson is in a mess'​

Brexit deal remains elusive, EU's Barnier tells Brussels envoys​

Higgsy, it was still all worth it.

1d.jpg

And we've put a stop to FoM too.

This made me chuckle, well it is Brexit related

Higgsy, it was still all worth it.

View attachment 517638

And we've put a stop to FoM too.

Worth it?

Stopped FoM?

delusional
[dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia" ·
    [More]
    • based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers" ·

Think that sums up the EU in a nutshell

Still struggling with the concept that as a Sovereign Nation, free of the EU shackles, the UK is perfectly entitled to say '' **** you ''

1. A level playing field dictated by the EU you can ram up your hoop.

2. Governance under the ECJ you can ram up your hoop.

3. Fisheries in UK waters are under control of the UK. Any attempt to dictate by the EU you can ram up your hoop.

All in all Higgsy, a good word for describing the EU.
My post was to counter:

"Worth it"

"Stopped FoM"

There exists no evidence at all that brexit is "Worth it" in any tangible way ...just purely subjective delusions based upon lies and propaganda, shared between flag waving extremists who do not understand the sovereignty that we have never surrendered.

There exists no evidence at all that brexit has stopped FoM...none. All evidence points towards FoM within the EU being beneficial to everyone. The future will be more of the same with some silly selection processes added. The idea that brexit has stopped, or will stop, the huge invasion of undesirable people from outside of the EU is seriously flawed. They have swamped Britain under the noses of British governments for decades. They are now permanent and poised to destroy our culture. Brexit will not halt anything.

Latest Threads