Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

Why wouldn't they? They're British and will no doubt be relishing the challenge of reasserting British regulatory autonomy on the international stage
And this government is encouraging them by treating Civil Servants brilliantly eh.....?

Be interesting to see what package they're offered, it's a sellers market and it's highly unlikely that the CAA would gain the necessary staffing levels of expertise by 31 Dec. How many of 'em have retired...etc?

Anyway, back to business. The Grauniad's always good for a laugh:

People are suddenly not going to be able to buy Levi 501s online anymore?
Is that their idea of "luxury communism" then? All the trappings of 1980's Soviet misery but with Levi 501s?

1603731879232.png

Life in Communist East Germany was 'almost comfortable' at times, Merkel says

Not in the least, we tended to decide what that was...but if you're another who knows more about law than the former president of the Supreme Court I reckon your talents are wasted.
Has the UK been a bit of **** in the last 350 years?
Taking over other countries, slavery, not allowing universal suffrage, making bum banditry illegal, suppressing right of people due to their religion etc.
Take your pick.
Was he talking out of his arse?

What on earth are you banging on about? The negotiation for the policy had already been concluded on the basis of reciprocity. The only change that the UK made was stopping the use of EU ID cards to enter the UK from October 2021. But, crucially, EU ID cards cannot be used to go through the e-Gates anyway and, given that the UK ID card scheme was scrapped in January 2011, we were not denying ourselves anything.

Finally, the Commission were initially supportive about this revised UK position because it was another way of putting pressure on Greece, Italy and Romania (and, to a lesser extent, France) to get their ID documents sorted out i.e. your lack of compliance with our directives on ID documents has resulted in the UK imposing this this policy change, which will inconvenience the rest of us.

If the Commission have now changed their mind, then EU Citizens face joining some very long queues and watching citizens from the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, etc, etc. sailing past them through the e-Gates.
I'm quite relaxed about it, hardly banging on at all am I? Funny when people go back on their word though...

Anyway, back to business. The Grauniad's always good for a laugh:

People are suddenly not going to be able to buy Levi 501s online anymore?
They said that about toilet rolls...I CGAF of course...I live in the people's republic of Kent and I'll be selling Pot Noodles to truck drivers

Amazingly, we are still getting a 2-2.5% pay rise this year. IIRC, local government and the armed forces are both getting 1.7%.
Just you wait until that hard rain hits....worse than "winter is coming" is a hard rain coming....

Has the UK been a bit of **** in the last 350 years?
Taking over other countries, slavery, not allowing universal suffrage, making bum banditry illegal, suppressing right of people due to their religion etc.
Take your pick.
Was he talking out of his arse?
Were we obeying the laws we enacted and did Johnny Foreigner matter?

Have you sent him a letter to tell him he hasn't got a Scooby yet?

That's the worst excuse for dogging I've ever heard.
Maidstone's where it's at apparently...

WTAF is it all about though?

"I'm just going out to have a **** over people having sex in their car dear, leave my supper in the oven"

Would make lamping interesting though

D

Deleted 174133

And this government is encouraging them by treating Civil Servants brilliantly eh.....?

Be interesting to see what package they're offered, it's a sellers market and it's highly unlikely that the CAA would gain the necessary staffing levels of expertise by 31 Dec. How many of 'em have retired...etc?
It'll be all going on behhond the scenes

The closest I've cum to it was stumbling over some fat dog (human) getting the good news from two Asians and some white bloke I presume was her hubby in the back of a Ford Mondeo.
It's always a risk walking the mutt. The local council have been closing down all the remote car parks near me for the last few years as it's such a big issue.

The closest I've cum to it was stumbling over some fat dog (human) getting the good news from two Asians and some white bloke I presume was her hubby in the back of a Ford Mondeo.
It's always a risk walking the mutt. The local council have been closing down all the remote car parks near me for the last few years as it's such a big issue.

Sounds like the garages opposite one of mate's old flat in Hounslow.

Latest Threads