Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

The source isn't Twitter, it's the Sun, which is kinda the point.

What kind of access to db's will they have? What agreements are in place? And so on.

Neither side wished to have its citizens unduly inconvenienced if they were tourists or business visitors and existing arrangements for these categories of passengers were agreed to continue. If the EU has decided to renege on what has previously been agreed, then their citizens will have the delights of joining the queue at our arrivals controls.

You can hope...back in the day and currently, it was/is cheaper to buy from a German supermarket than any of the airside DF shops.

You'll be bollixed in places further North mind.

I dont think so, I was quite good at international trade on a very small scale. The ferry and airport were always cheaper than the German shop. Otherwise they never would have sold any.

In your case it's a case of "better to remain silent...etc"

Guy makes hyperbolic straw man argument, gets a respsone and accuses responder of making shit up.....arrse 2020.

It's common knowledge.....remembering the full context of what I wrote, not one sentence snipped out.

If no deal is reached on the UK–EU future relationship, UK operating licences will no longer be valid in the EU. UK-based air operators will have to move their principal place of business to an EU member state and be EU majority-owned to continue operating in the EU. All certificates, licences and registrations issued by the CAA on behalf of EASA for both pilots and aircrafts and aircraft parts will also become invalid and would need to be validated again in an EU member state.

StackPath

Early applications | EASA

Do you have any evidence of me making anything up? Apart from what the voices tell you? Is it the grog giving you these phantom memories?

Top Googling there, Twitter Critter.

Thing is (yet again) you're posting links which deal with process but not one sniff about bases of operation being moved.

Nugatory effort. Again.

Have another go. Champ.

ETA: @amazing__lobster shook his damp little fist at this post.

Google overload;

Capture.PNG oh.PNG

but alas no twitter.

As a bit of an expert in cramming my carry on with as many tabs as I can carry for over 25 years. I noticed most EU airports have one price for all passengers despite it supposed to be duty free if traveling outside of the EU. They also call a lot of shops "duty free" apparently thats its trading name not a description of what they are selling.
Will it go back to the old days where it really was a bargain? It depends on whether the shops think that increased trade at reduced prices is worth it.
You can hope...back in the day and currently, it was/is cheaper to buy from a German supermarket than any of the airside DF shops.

You'll be bollixed in places further North mind.
That’s because DF does not exist inside the EU. It’s only applicable to non EU countries. Christ this is old hat. If people are dumb enough to buy at airports that’s their lookout.

What does it say about the validity, to say nothing of the veracity, of any of your positions when you resort to such bullsh1t. Makes a change from your constant tw@tering and mining of "memes" , I suppose.
The guy who has to to refer to me with bollocks he knows not a thing about continually is whining about a fairly standard comeback? <Snigger>

Neither side wished to have its citizens unduly inconvenienced if they were tourists or business visitors and existing arrangements for these categories of passengers were agreed to continue. If the EU has decided to renege on what has previously been agreed, then their citizens will have the delights of joining the queue at our arrivals controls.
You reckon The Sun could be talking bollocks or, is it a bit of grievance mongering? Us drafting legislation which will break international law is OK though? Stuff comes at you fast eh?

If it happens then we'll negotiate something in due course I'd guess. Nobody would be stupid enough to consciously damage their own economy would they?

HCL

War Hero
The guy who has to to refer to me with bollocks he knows not a thing about continually is whining about a fairly standard comeback? <Snigger>

But it wasn't a comeback, just you being snide cos you didn't have a anything cogent in response to my post. It's your go to SOP.

Never mind, I found this onYouTube. Must take you right back to your glory days on the Torre Canyon buccs, moritūrī tē salūtant, and all that. Carry on, there's a good chap.

Google overload;

View attachment 515053

but alas no twitter.
I can only respond to what's in front of me. You could always try posting something reasoned? Radical I know.

Having spent around 20 years employer in things aeronautical I still have an interest...who'da thunk it eh?

Fear not, your twitter craving can have a fix, I reckon @Brotherton Lad has started writing for the Tele' though...

But it wasn't a comeback, just you being snide cos you didn't have a anything cogent in response to my post. It's your go to SOP.

Never mind, I found this onYouTube. Must take you right back to your glory days on the Torre Canyon buccs, moritūrī tē salūtant, and all that. Carry on, there's a good chap.

Snide? Something you're a SME on. Still verbose tho'

HCL

War Hero
You reckon The Sun could be talking bollocks or, is it a bit of grievance mongering? Us drafting legislation which will break international law is OK though? Stuff comes at you fast eh?

If it happens then we'll negotiate something in due course I'd guess. Nobody would be stupid enough to consciously damage their own economy would they?

More boll0cks about this fiction called international law.

As to damaging their own economies, the EU seems to be way ahead of us. We're negotiating and signing deals left, right and centre. The EU can't even ratify the ones it made ages ago.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I can only respond to what's in front of me. You could always try posting something reasoned? Radical I know.

Having spent around 20 years employer in things aeronautical I still have an interest...who'da thunk it eh?

Fear not, your twitter craving can have a fix, I reckon @Brotherton Lad has started writing for the Tele' though...

Should I be asking for royalties?

HCL

War Hero

It's nice to see an armourer who thinks he was actually aeronautical. Got admire his spirit, what.

Top Googling there, Twitter Critter.

Thing is (yet again) you're posting links which deal with process but not one sniff about bases of operation being moved.

Nugatory effort. Again.

Have another go. Champ.

ETA: @amazing__lobster shook his damp little fist at this post.
Can you not read then?

More boll0cks about this fiction called international law.

As to damaging their own economies, the EU seems to be way ahead of us. We're negotiating and signing deals left, right and centre. The EU can't even ratify the ones it made ages ago.
You'd best get on the blower to Lord Neuberger and tell him you know more about it than him? You're not another one of PhotEx's anyhoo but you do resemble him,

“This country has had a remarkable unbroken history of 350 years of observing the rule of law, and has an enviable reputation from that. It gives us authority abroad, when we criticize countries, other countries for breaking international law.”

Lord Neuberger warns of slippery slope towards tyranny

It's nice to see an armourer who thinks he was actually aeronautical. Got admire his spirit, what.
I also did Maintenance Controller under 66-1 and engines as a civvy....not the sharpest are you sparky?

You'd best get on the blower to Lord Neuberger and tell him you know more about it than him? You're not another one of PhotEx's anyhoo but you do resemble him,

“This country has had a remarkable unbroken history of 350 years of observing the rule of law, and has an enviable reputation from that. It gives us authority abroad, when we criticize countries, other countries for breaking international law.”

Lord Neuberger warns of slippery slope towards tyranny
Im certain the UK has done some pretty naughty things in the last 350 years so I'm confident that Neuberger is talking out of his hoop.
Luckily we had a big stick for most of those 350 years so anyone getting a bit uppity got a smack across the head.

Im certain the UK has done some pretty naughty things in the last 350 years so I'm confident that Neuberger is talking out of his hoop.
Luckily we had a big stick for most of those 350 years so anyone getting a bit uppity got a smack across the head.
You and the point...never the twain....