Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brexit Consequences Thread

. . . Because our air operators may/will have moved their principal base of business to EU and be majority EU owned to continue operating in the EU.

Really?

Guess you must have some deep, inside knowledge of this as I'm sure that I've seen no indication of this . . .

. . . that, or you're making stuff up.

Again.

HCL

War Hero
That's your best? Some Horlicks absent of logic? Figures.

In the event of a "No Deal" we'll be flying under the supervision of EASA and jurisdiction of ECJ in all probability.

Because the EU may decide it is in their interest to extend the current arrangement in a bilateral agreement for a limited period until a full agreement is reached.

Because our air operators may/will have moved their principal base of business to EU and be majority EU owned to continue operating in the EU.

They haven't got long to do so then, have they? And why haven't they moved already?

More bollocks.

Because our air operators may/will have moved their principal base of business to EU
Well that was probably a decision made when the Spaniards took over BA. That was always on the cards. Point is the EU can't operate without ensuring we can't; after all that's competition and we can't have that. Exactly the where the ECJ rests in all of this I can't fathom.

D

Deleted 174133

That's your best? Some Horlicks absent of logic? Figures.

In the event of a "No Deal" we'll be flying under the supervision of EASA and jurisdiction of ECJ in all probability.

Because the EU may decide it is in their interest to extend the current arrangement in a bilateral agreement for a limited period until a full agreement is reached.

Because our air operators may/will have moved their principal base of business to EU and be majority EU owned to continue operating in the EU.
The CAA will take over just fine and after all the largely British EASA leadership and talent will be repatriated in Jan 21

You choosing Blackpool then? Good on yer....
Because I am not retarded, I am opting for a UK based holibobs this year.

Usually I have a good foreign trip a year, and a nice UK trip or two.

Ie. Canada big trip; for three weeks land touring and canoeing. One week on a narrow boat in the Midlands and about ten days driving a camper around Scotland. Couple of weekends away.

This year we're going to have lots of little trips. Four days ISH.

If we can't drive back like mad Max, in the event of lock down, it's too far.

Keep our own people in business.

I've also really stepped up buying local recently, supporting local food outlets and the like.

I'm thinking Cleethorpes and a road trip along Hadrian's wall will feature this year.

Better than having to spend £1000 for a seat on a last flight out of Saigon scenario out of some God awful remainerfest in Spain or Italy.

They haven't got long to do so then, have they? And why haven't they moved already?

More bollocks.
A couple of years’ ago, EZY did set up an Austrian subsidiary, in case of EU embuggeration post Brexit.
Up to then the company’s main bases were UK and Switzerland.
NB the Austrian registration is a subsidiary.

When was the last time you shopped in a DF outlet?

For example, a bottle of Aberlour 12 single malt whisky was £42.69 in duty free, but £36 in Asda, while a Diesel Overflow watch was £182.50 in duty free but £125 at Watch Town. A 125ml bottle of Davidoff Cool Water was found to be £29.95 in duty free but £22 at Wilko.

The truth about airport duty free – and why the bargains aren't what they seem

Crack on.....
As a bit of an expert in cramming my carry on with as many tabs as I can carry for over 25 years. I noticed most EU airports have one price for all passengers despite it supposed to be duty free if traveling outside of the EU. They also call a lot of shops "duty free" apparently thats its trading name not a description of what they are selling.
Will it go back to the old days where it really was a bargain? It depends on whether the shops think that increased trade at reduced prices is worth it.

[snip...]
Will it go back to the old days where it really was a bargain? It depends on whether the shops think that increased trade at reduced prices is worth it.

But it's trading at reduced prices if you don't collect the duty and therefore don't need to pay it to the revenue. If anything it may be a slightly increased net income due to the lower admin cost.

Last edited:
But it's trading at reduced prices if you don't collect the duty and therefore don't need tpo pay it to the revenue. If anything it may be a slightly increased net income due to the lower admin cost.

They might sell a **** load more if they sell it at the proper tax free price though.

Good to see Projekt Fear (ably assisted by the BBC) still flourishing, even in the dying weeks of the transition period...

Brexit: Cost of everyday goods 'could rise' without a deal, hauliers warn
Logistics UK said:
A no-deal Brexit could see import costs for some everyday items rise by almost a third, making them "much more expensive", a business group has said.
The cost of moving goods could also rise due to tariffs, and inflation could be driven up

Good to see Projekt Fear (ably assisted by the BBC) still flourishing, even in the dying weeks of the transition period...

Ah so the middle men see an opportunity to leach. Of course there would be no opportunity for the consumer to have an insight as to how much profit is already made in relation to the base cost. The deal has nothing to do with it.

Really?

Guess you must have some deep, inside knowledge of this as I'm sure that I've seen no indication of this . . .

. . . that, or you're making stuff up.

Again.
In your case it's a case of "better to remain silent...etc"

Guy makes hyperbolic straw man argument, gets a respsone and accuses responder of making shit up.....arrse 2020.

It's common knowledge.....remembering the full context of what I wrote, not one sentence snipped out.

If no deal is reached on the UK–EU future relationship, UK operating licences will no longer be valid in the EU. UK-based air operators will have to move their principal place of business to an EU member state and be EU majority-owned to continue operating in the EU. All certificates, licences and registrations issued by the CAA on behalf of EASA for both pilots and aircrafts and aircraft parts will also become invalid and would need to be validated again in an EU member state.

StackPath

Early applications | EASA

Do you have any evidence of me making anything up? Apart from what the voices tell you? Is it the grog giving you these phantom memories?

Last edited:
A foolish move on their part because we have already given them access to our e-gates on the basis of reciprocity. If they want to play silly buggers then we can do the same. Another complete non-story from Twitter.
The source isn't Twitter, it's the Sun, which is kinda the point.

What kind of access to db's will they have? What agreements are in place? And so on.

More bollocks. from me. They haven't got long to do so then, have they? And why haven't they moved already?
Minor edit.

The CAA will take over just fine and after all the largely British EASA leadership and talent will be repatriated in Jan 21
Have they agreed to it?

As a bit of an expert in cramming my carry on with as many tabs as I can carry for over 25 years. I noticed most EU airports have one price for all passengers despite it supposed to be duty free if traveling outside of the EU. They also call a lot of shops "duty free" apparently thats its trading name not a description of what they are selling.
You can hope...back in the day and currently, it was/is cheaper to buy from a German supermarket than any of the airside DF shops.

You'll be bollixed in places further North mind.

Because I am not retarded,
You reckon?
I am opting for a UK based holibobs this year.

Usually I have a good foreign trip a year, and a nice UK trip or two.

Ie. Canada big trip; for three weeks land touring and canoeing. One week on a narrow boat in the Midlands and about ten days driving a camper around Scotland. Couple of weekends away.

This year we're going to have lots of little trips. Four days ISH.

If we can't drive back like mad Max, in the event of lock down, it's too far.

Keep our own people in business.

I've also really stepped up buying local recently, supporting local food outlets and the like.

I'm thinking Cleethorpes and a road trip along Hadrian's wall will feature this year.

Better than having to spend £1000 for a seat on a last flight out of Saigon scenario out of some God awful remainerfest in Spain or Italy.
What does the Daily Mail, which you don't read, have to say about it?

Driving around Scotland in a camper is a great idea, especially if you drive on narrow roads at about 50...