The Brexit Consequences Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The thread has become a spectator sport for me. Please carry on.
It always has been.

You have yet to reply to the request made some years ago asking for the benefits to the UK of staying in the EU, other than you don't seem to like change.

It always has been.

You have yet to reply to the request made some years ago asking for the benefits to the UK of staying in the EU, other than you don't seem to like change.
Amazing isn't it.

Ask a leaver why they want to leave and you'll get a list of valid points that could have been addressed but were continually ignored by parliament and the EU.

Ask a remainer and you just get tears... yet apparently they were the 'intelligent' side.

Far from being the forward thinking, adventurous type (and likely to take advantage of the FoM to its full potential), remainers come across as stunted, timid types. Fearful of taking responsibility, and therefore grateful that the EU will do all the 'thinking' for them.

Amazing isn't it.

Far from being the forward thinking, adventurous type (and likely to take advantage of the FoM to its full potential), remainers come across as stunted, timid types.
funny you should say that.

not a single ardent Remainer I know has ever lived in EUtopia.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
It always has been.

Not at all. Change is guaranteed.

Why are you still stuck in 2016?

Sure, from an ultimate reality pov everything is impermanent and subject to change.

But from a human perspective, leaving the EU frightened a lot of people; that was a seismic political and trading shift too far.

Yet there's still idiots here mine quoting from 2016 and sticking up pictures of red buses.

I like Remainer tears, so it's all cool with me.

Oyibo

LE

I'm not sure whether to laugh or be depressed at the tragic irony of your statement.

You and two others are still infesting a thread about the future of the EU whilst talking about the 'Brexit Bus'.

Desperately sad.

But from a human perspective, leaving the EU frightened a lot of people; that was a seismic political and trading shift too far.
I'm sure these two million will be happy enough.
Two million EU citizens living in the UK have been granted settled status - allowing them to remain here permanently after Brexit.
Of course being a BBC story they have linked to another potential "Windrush Scandal"

Latest Threads