The Brexit Consequences Thread

Grun doing it's bit to stoke up things about Brexit

Number of UK citizens emigrating to EU has risen by 30% since Brexit vote

except , when you read deeper 56k ish UK citizens per year were leaving before Brexit

and it has risen to 73k ish

so, an extra 23k/year over 4 years , no mention of the ones who already lived there , taking foreign citizenship

it also states this [ While the withdrawal agreement signed in January enshrines the residency, work and social rights of EU citizens in the UK and Britons in the rest of the bloc, it failed to guarantee the free movement rights of British migrants, restricting future employment and residency prospects in other member states. ]
And so what ? One might ask the Gruniad ?
People need jobs and so move and good luck to them. I wish them well. May they prosper. The posts they vacate are an opportunity for someone else.

Oh dear, tears before bedtime. He needs to stop moaning and get on with what he voted for.

'Brexiteer Iain Duncan Smith has slammed the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement on Twitter despite voting for it in the Commons last year.

'The agreement, supported by the Tories, laid out the terms of Britain’s divorce from the EU, which officially occurred on January 31.

'But Smith, a fervent Eurosceptic and ex-Tory leader, has now moaned about the agreement he helped push through parliament.

'The MP voted for the deal and also attempted to stop the House of Commons having more time to discuss the agreement, shortly before Boris Johnson called an election to force it through.'

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
This taking back control is a bit of a bummer. Just not Brexitty enough.

Oh dear, tears before bedtime. he needs to stop moaning and get on with it.

'Brexiteer Iain Duncan Smith has slammed the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement on Twitter despite voting for it in the Commons last year.

'The agreement, supported by the Tories, laid out the terms of Britain’s divorce from the EU, which officially occurred on January 31.

'But Smith, a fervent Eurosceptic and ex-Tory leader, has now moaned about the agreement he helped push through parliament.

'The MP voted for the deal and also attempted to stop the House of Commons having more time to discuss the agreement, shortly before Boris Johnson called an election to force it through.'

You do know that people who post links from the New European have no brane.

Oh dear, tears before bedtime. he needs to stop moaning and get on with it.

In which case he shouldn’t have voted for it. No spine

I would venture that round our way more have gone home to Blighty for good than are moving out here, judging by the properties for sale.
We're looking to go the other way - nothing to do with Brexit, just our life plan. Whereabouts are you?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do post your dream team cabinet. Give us all a laugh.
@Brotherton Lad would like to see Juncker and his drinks cabinet ruling the UK via massive payments of UK tax payer money to the EU, whilst it systematically dismantles the country's political, legal, military, business, and financial systems.

He would refer to this as 'changing from within' and 'engaging with Europe'.

I sometimes wonder if BL drinks as much as JC does...

As a Remainer I like being told what to do and controlled.

My very clever technocratic neighbour tells me I'm having soup for dinner.

That's great; I love soup.
Now stop this is serious.
BL always said he wanted reform from within, even if he knew it was improbably impossible.
He thinks taking back some form of control is laughable, but then he implies by his reply that only Europe had the right people. We know they weren't about control and are currently about as in control as walnut whip at a tea party. I suspect his buffoonery masks something else. There are a lot of people on here who deal/ have dealt with the EU in many aspects. Some of us, even at our ages are not against change as such, there has to be change. So why would an apparently thrusting intellectual be so convinced that we are on a hiding to nothing.

I mean I get the concept of Political control through smoke and mirrors, but even Mirrors need relaminating and smoke blows away, perhaps the magician is in the position of having deluded himself.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Do post your dream team cabinet. Give us all a laugh.
BL's Cabinet, top positions
PM - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Chancellor - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Foreign Secy - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Home Secy - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Health Secy - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Ambassador to the EU - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr

BL's Cabinet, top positions
PM - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Chancellor - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Foreign Secy - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Home Secy - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Health Secy - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
Ambassador to the EU - Dominic Grieve LdeHonr
He seems somewhat reticent in sharing his wisdom for once.

Latest Threads