The Brexit Consequences Thread

They were also very focused on what they described as a 'mixed economy model' i.e. working from home becoming the new norm, although not perhaps in quite the same proportions as now.
Not CS but we've had similar hints dropped.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It worked in 1940-44... :-D
And 1870, but that was a small scale rehearsal which they ballsed-up in 1914!!

I had one working with me last year who was really good but that is because she was (a) prepared to listen and (b) get stuck in.

Most of the BYT's blown in by the PWC review blew straight back out the door when they found that bluffing doesn't work with the cynical old and bolds.
'But why wont you help me with Excel'?
'Its a core competency, not my job to wipe your bum'
'Please Miss! He's being mean to me!'

They were also very focused on what they described as a 'mixed economy model' i.e. working from home becoming the new norm, although not perhaps in quite the same proportions as now.

Still seeing a furious rearguard action my end

I've got CS LIve on Livestream in the background this morning; key takeaway so far, 49k Civil Servants to be moved out of Greater London into 14 Regional Hubs.
Does the Scotland remit still start at the Watford Gap :mrgreen: ?
I know, let's merge France and Germany together and call it . . . err, Germany!!

well you get my Drift..... let’s call it Convenience

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Not for much longer methinks. The Head of the Cabinet Office has spoken this very morning. As an aside, it appears that Mark Sedwill is on gardening leave...
The government has made some right Covid-19 balls-up, some understandable, some not. But BoJo and his ministers are only part of the problem. Once a decision has been reached, it has to be executed - and some of the execution has left rather a lot to be desired. Cummings has long argued that a smaller, better paid, performance monitored and more efficient CS is an essential for delivering the Tory program and putting them into pole position to win the next GE. You can see the hand of Cummings in this...

I'm also expecting a spate of high profile resignations over the next 12 - 18 months as performance measurement kicks in and the bluffers get found out.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Not for much longer methinks. The Head of the Cabinet Office has spoken this very morning. As an aside, it appears that Mark Sedwill is on gardening leave...
One wonders if Master Sedwill's decision to spend more time communing with his garden is related to him not liking the changes you are flagging....

Wordsmith

I'm also expecting a spate of high profile resignations over the next 12 - 18 months as performance measurement kicks in and the bluffers get found out.
There is another due to go imminently; put it like this, revenge is a dish best served cold and the individuals going seem to have forgotten that Ministers decide.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
There is another due to go imminently; put it like this, revenge is a dish best served cold and the individuals going seem to have forgotten that Ministers decide.
It has been remarked that the CS (traditionally slightly left leaning) hated Maggie when she arrived - they were having to implement programs of which they personally did not approve.

But then a gradual transformation came over certain sections of the CS - they began to relish the challenge of actually making things happen rather than reshuffling paperclips. And, although their dislike of Maggie never really abated, they began to put their weight behind her programs.

I wonder if anything similar will happen with BoJo?

Wordsmith

It has been remarked that the CS (traditionally slightly left leaning) hated Maggie when she arrived - they were having to implement programs of which they personally did not approve.

But then a gradual transformation came over certain sections of the CS - they began to relish the challenge of actually making things happen rather than reshuffling paperclips. And, although their dislike of Maggie never really abated, they began to put their weight behind her programs.

I wonder if anything similar will happen with BoJo?

Wordsmith
The Head of the Cabinet Office was directly asked about Dominic Cummings' influence this morning; his answer was that is was overblown and that, actually, he had enjoyed working with Cummings fairly recently on a digital project.

Latest Threads