The Brexit Consequences Thread

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd forgotten all about the traitor known as Spud. I expected him to be in the corner of his country manor in the bog, sucking his thumb, mumbling "Stop Brexit Now", whilst his 'Dame' was getting seen to by a squaddie leave voter.
Spud, your salty tears make me tumescent.
Salty tears, not mine. It’s your balls up. You’re welcome to it. You have to hope they’ll deal with Brexit a hell of a lot better than they’re dealing with Coronavirus.
Cant see it though.
How much did we splash out on a world beating alternative to Galileo, £400m

And shouldn’t this one be in quarantine.
25781536-08E5-4A7A-877B-E6DF6053D2BD.jpeg

Salty tears, not mine. It’s your balls up. You’re welcome to it. You have to hope they’ll deal with Brexit a hell of a lot better than they’re dealing with Coronavirus.
Cant see it though.

View attachment 487029
I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt for now on spunking £400m up the wall on OneWeb, as it is so clearly not useful as a GNSS system, that I simply cannot believe that is why we have invested in it. Even this administration can’t be that incompetent. There has to be another reason for it that we are not being told.

Cant see it though.

View attachment 487029
Been keeping Nige company in the pub Skid? :drunken:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Been keeping Nige company in the pub Skid? :drunken:
Wouldn’t miss it. Unnecessarily travel from a largely COVID free area to spend time with someone who has entered and travelled round and through at least three coronavirus ridden states.

No doubt he’s dismissed masks and social distancing, flown home via a Covid riven city and returned to ignore quarantine
And you think I’d join him for a pint.

Self isolation really is for your own good, don’t waste it.........and wash your hands .

Wouldn’t miss it. Unnecessarily travel from a largely COVID free area to spend time with someone who has entered and travelled round and through at least three coronavirus ridden states.

No doubt he’s dismissed masks and social distancing, flown home via a Covid riven city and returned to ignore quarantine
And you think I’d join him for a pint.

Self isolation really is for your own good, don’t waste it.........and wash your hands .
Did your missus help you write that Skid? The spelling and grammar are better than you normally manage...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Did your missus help you write that Skid? The spelling and grammar are better than you normally manage...
Strange that, Still its good to see that Brexit prep is going so well.

A pro-Brexit group has inadvertently found itself trending on Twitter after blaming 'Remainers' for leaving the European Union.

In a case that shows that no one will ever be truly happy with Brexit, the Leave Alliance which is a group that believes that the UK should have never joined the EU in 1973, tweeted that they are now sceptical of Brexit and "the mess it will surely be" before pointing the finger at the Tory party, who was the driving political force in supporting leave and Remain voters, who *checks notes* wanted to remain in Europe all along.

Wash your hands.

A pro-Brexit group has inadvertently found itself trending on Twitter after blaming 'Remainers' for leaving the European Union.

In a case that shows that no one will ever be truly happy with Brexit, the Leave Alliance which is a group that believes that the UK should have never joined the EU in 1973, tweeted that they are now sceptical of Brexit and "the mess it will surely be" before pointing the finger at the Tory party, who was the driving political force in supporting leave and Remain voters, who *checks notes* wanted to remain in Europe all along.

Wash your hands.
Skid, it's early for you, go back to sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up...

Wash your hands.
Hey potato head.
Could you enlighten us all and tell us when we are leaving Europe?
I only ever voted to leave the European Union. It is a political construct that a few of us disagree with because we were lied to about what being a member of it actually meant.

Wash your hands.
Skid bearing in mind the EU is a Chimera that either is or isn’t, can’t even enforce it’s own FP or immigration controls and yet National entities still co operate because it’s in their interest to do so, that position is a complete non sequitur. We remain in Europe, part of Europe just not the EU. Our policies will still be driven by imperatives, they always were, the question is really how that pans out in terms of pro remainers and gradually once they realise you can still do everything you wanted to do, they’ll become muted.

Since we are unmoored from europe can we drift a bit south, towards the softer climes of Cape Verde archipelago.
Capture.PNG  jjjj.PNG

Looks nice.

Even this administration can’t be that incompetent. There has to be another reason for it that we are not being told.
Given the stories that are bubbling under, about exactly which firms were given £250M single-bidder contracts to deliver PPE ("a London-based family office focused on a broad investment strategy", owned by a holding company in Mauritius, never delivered PPE before), I'd say they can be that incompetent. Remember, Grayling is on the Intelligence and Security Committee - £14M to a ferry company with no ships? Or Robert Jenrick, and the taxpayer nearly getting screwed out of £40M?

Once would be a mistake. Twice looks careless. Three times? Other than "they're incompetent" the only explanation I can see is "they're corrupt - some party donor or family friend is making a few quid on the back of this".

You choose, because I don't see a third explanation...

Given the stories that are bubbling under, about exactly which firms were given £250M single-bidder contracts to deliver PPE ("a London-based family office focused on a broad investment strategy", owned by a holding company in Mauritius, never delivered PPE before), I'd say they can be that incompetent. Remember, Grayling is on the Intelligence and Security Committee - £14M to a ferry company with no ships? Or Robert Jenrick, and the taxpayer nearly getting screwed out of £40M?

Once would be a mistake. Twice looks careless. Three times? Other than "they're incompetent" the only explanation I can see is "they're corrupt - some party donor or family friend is making a few quid on the back of this".

You choose, because I don't see a third explanation...
Hahahahahahahaha

" Jolyon Maugham QC, of the Good Law Project, is seeking a judicial review of the PPE contracts awarded to private companies "

Once would be a mistake. Twice looks careless. Three times? Other than "they're incompetent" the only explanation I can see is "they're corrupt - some party donor or family friend is making a few quid on the back of this"
I used to dismiss people who said "oh Boris is just the British Trump" because, I thought naively, Johnson does at least have half a brain and has the published works to prove it.
And yet... Perhaps he is the very British analogue of Trump - not stupid or vicious, clever but just wholly unsuited to any position of power. Not deluded that he's the second coming of Christ but instead that he's Churchill reincarnated. Possessed of a sort of grubby, low grade corruptness (because that's "trade") when Trump seems to revel in high grade corruption.
Ambition without ability is a horrible thing.

Since we are unmoored from europe can we drift a bit south, towards the softer climes of Cape Verde archipelago.
View attachment 487844
Looks nice.
Apparently, the Eurasian plate is South moving at approx. 1 cm per year.
The African plate is moving North East at Approx. 2cm per year.
Give it 130 million years or so.

Apparently, the Eurasian plate is South moving at approx. 1 cm per year.
The African plate is moving North East at Approx. 2cm per year.
Give it 130 million years or so.
I will do my best to hang on, can't promise though.

I used to dismiss people who said "oh Boris is just the British Trump" because, I thought naively, Johnson does at least have half a brain and has the published works to prove it.
And yet... Perhaps he is the very British analogue of Trump - not stupid or vicious, clever but just wholly unsuited to any position of power. Not deluded that he's the second coming of Christ but instead that he's Churchill reincarnated. Possessed of a sort of grubby, low grade corruptness (because that's "trade") when Trump seems to revel in high grade corruption.
Ambition without ability is a horrible thing.
Another one.

I thought this thread was about Brexit Consequences.
Aren't there enough threads about Trump, Boris and CV19 for you to whinge on?
I get it, you voted to remain and Boris and his supporters have pissed all over your strawberries.
Cry me a fvcking river.

Another one.

I thought this thread was about Brexit Consequences.
Aren't there enough threads about Trump, Boris and CV19 for you to whinge on?
I get it, you voted to remain and Boris and his supporters have pissed all over your strawberries.
Cry me a fvcking river.
Yeah but Boris Gggggrrr!