The Brexit Consequences Thread

Whether you're a Brexiteer or Remainer, you may get a chuckle about the consequences of Brexit for a British couple that hoped to retire in France, and their hapless f***ing spanner of a son:

A thread written by @archer_rs
Apologies if posted before.
What a LOOB.
WTF is stopping anyone moving to France and living there if they own or don't own a property?
Now or in 5/10/15 years time, just fill in the correct forms and get the permit, simples.
The EU certainly can't and it seems to me certain types of the remainer species are still clinging to their forlorn hope that it is all a bad dream to be reversed, especially those fictitious writers allegedly living in their Dordogneshire ghetto complete with local crown bowls club.
I would say certainly a fake news story written in the style of one or two of the remainers on here still clinging to their own forlorn hopes.
Those superior types to us plebs apparently.
(And I wonder what Tig would say?)

Hilarious indeed, but not as hilarious as some of the replies on Twitter and such.
It is heartening to see someone still shitting in their panties on my behalf though, even at this late stage, as I'm not intending to do so for quite a few more years.

Whether you're a Brexiteer or Remainer, you may get a chuckle about the consequences of Brexit for a British couple that hoped to retire in France, and their hapless f***ing spanner of a son:

A thread written by @archer_rs

Apologies if posted before.
It was a wind up/fake account.
Profile piccies were stock images.

Who busted it? A train spotter - don't take liberties with train times....

My favourite remainer reply to all of this was:-

"Apart from the unavoidable in airports which happen to be located in them, I haven't spent a single £ in any Brexit constituency since June 2016. I have no intention of ever doing so. No motorway services, no days out, no suppliers operating from, nothing."

That will hurt, not.
Funny as ****, some of these people.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
If it isn't the case you may be able to provide a link to the money saving claims.
Like the money we could give to the NHS. The money we wouldn’t have to give to falling Eu economies (which we weren’t going to have to give to them anyway )

or this

One of the main slogans of the Vote Leave campaign is that being part of the EU club means “giving £20bn a year or £350m a week to Brussels” .The Remain camp insists the figure is highly misleading because our gross contribution is not handed to Brussels, since the rebate won by Margaret Thatcher in 1984 is deducted first.

Our membership fee does vary from year to year; Vote Leave says it is rising and will increase further if we stay. Treasury figures put the gross payment at £18.2bn in the 2014-15 financial year, and the rebate worth £4.8bn.

In addition, the EU spent about £4.6bn in the UK, mainly in payments to farmers and regional aid for poor areas. Private sector receipts such as EU research grants were worth another £1.4bn. When all that is taken into account, the net cost of membership was £7.3bn a year or £140m a week, well under half the amount claimed by the Leave camp.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Profile pics stock as it’s twitter and he did explain why.

RS Archer, still hilarious though. Well worth a read and on one level totally believable. A mates doing the scenic route, packed transit through France into Spain via the South of Ireland.

Renting somewhere until things settle down. Allegedly there’s no shortage of buyers for houses if the English (and they are usually described as ‘the English) have to sell up and return to the U.K.after Brexit.

JuniorBod

War Hero
Our membership fee does vary from year to year; Vote Leave says it is rising and will increase further if we stay. Treasury figures put the gross payment at £18.2bn in 2014-15

In addition, the EU spent about £4.6bn in the UK, mainly in payments to farmers and regional aid for poor areas. Private sector receipts such as EU research grants were worth another £1.4bn. When all that is taken into account, the net cost of membership was £7.3bn a year or £140m a week, well under half the amount claimed by the Leave camp.
£350m or £140m per week, it is better spent here than elsewhere...

JB

When all that is taken into account, the net cost of membership was £7.3bn a year or £140m a week, well under half the amount claimed by the Leave camp.
You say that like its a good thing. Personally its outrageous.

Like the money we could give to the NHS. The money we wouldn’t have to give to falling Eu economies (which we weren’t going to have to give to them anyway )

or this

One of the main slogans of the Vote Leave campaign is that being part of the EU club means “giving £20bn a year or £350m a week to Brussels” .The Remain camp insists the figure is highly misleading because our gross contribution is not handed to Brussels, since the rebate won by Margaret Thatcher in 1984 is deducted first.

Our membership fee does vary from year to year; Vote Leave says it is rising and will increase further if we stay. Treasury figures put the gross payment at £18.2bn in the 2014-15 financial year, and the rebate worth £4.8bn.

Ah Spud. You still think the EU gave us its own money.

You truly are a special little moonbeam.

Ah Spud. You still think the EU gave us its own money.

You truly are a special little moonbeam.
I'd forgotten all about the traitor known as Spud. I expected him to be in the corner of his country manor in the bog, sucking his thumb, mumbling "Stop Brexit Now", whilst his 'Dame' was getting seen to by a squaddie leave voter.
Spud, your salty tears make me tumescent.

or this

Yes, very good.

Now, go back and point out where all that loot was going to be saved.

Or was it going to be spent elsewhere?

In your own time.....Go on.

Yes, very good.

Now, go back and point out where all that loot was going to be saved.

Or was it going to be spent elsewhere?

In your own time.....Go on.
What is more irritating is that the moron still thinks that the EU graciously gave us stuff out of benevolence. And thick cvnts like this actully get the vote:
"In addition, the EU spent about £4.6bn in the UK, mainly in payments to farmers and regional aid for poor areas."

@skid2 keep going, I'm nearly there......more salty tears as lubricant.

All of a sudden, across continental Europe, working and tax-paying people are wondering why it all needed to change from the Marché Commun?
And where has that 7% admin fee for running the EU out of a €165.8 billion budget gone?
With 60,000 employees that were not there before and three extra layers of politicians perhaps.
The frugal four countries will have the last word in all of this, especially when the gentle hints and then eventually the obvious threats start.
A good time to be standing on the sidelines.

What is more irritating is that the moron still thinks that the EU graciously gave us stuff out of benevolence. And thick cvnts like this actully get the vote:
"In addition, the EU spent about £4.6bn in the UK, mainly in payments to farmers and regional aid for poor areas."

@skid2 keep going, I'm nearly there......more salty tears as lubricant.
You appear to be wilfully discounting @Spud’s...

5F324ABD-FE70-4F0A-9E61-FD47AAD8A076.jpeg

civvy

Old-Salt

Paraphrasing something I saw on TV the other day

"Fact check everything you see on the internet" - Winston S Churchill.

Paraphrasing something I saw on TV the other day

"Fact check everything you see on the internet" - Winston S Churchill.
That is actually incorrect . . . it was Abraham Lincoln!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That is actually incorrect . . . it was Abraham Lincoln!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
How did he find time with all the vampire slaying he was doing?

Latest Threads