The Brexit Consequences Thread

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
French foreign minister names her cat Brexit, it meows loudly to be let out, yet won’t actually go through the door.

You know it’s bad when the french start taking the piss.

French foreign minister names her cat Brexit, it meows loudly to be let out, yet won’t actually go through the door.

You know it’s bad when the french start taking the piss.
That's because the children won't let it.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Sticking two fingers up to the EU, they have been rather stiffed by their EU overlords after all
This is the Salvini which apologised and grovelled to get out of a court case and had to publicly go on the record to say to the Italian people that they were not leaving Eu or Europe.
That Salvini, good job, sticking two fingers up and when he’s called on it cry’s like a girl.
Sounds like Farages sort of chap.

This is the Salvini which apologised and grovelled to get out of a court case and had to publicly go on the record to say to the Italian people that they were not leaving Eu or Europe.
That Salvini, good job, sticking two fingers up and when he’s called on it cry’s like a girl.
Sounds like Farages sort of chap.
How quickly people forget Italys recent history, remember Mario Monti and that his government did not include a single elected politician, so like the EU and so familiar for an ex EU Commissioner

Perhaps technocrats imposed by the EU have not been forgotten?

I wonder if there is any truth to this, allegedly Farage has called in a favour and any Brexit delay will be blocked by Italy

By my reckoning that's the sixth country it's been rumoured that he's approached.
He even threatened the EU as a whole to block an extension because "you don't want me coming back".
And I do believe that this was reported on one of the humungous amount of Brexit threads on here about a week ago.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
If that was a toupee, it couldn't like more fake with a chin strap...

do a image search on her little picture.
It’s an amazing likeness, like many of the avatars on here.

I’d hesitate on grounds of compassion in putting the real ones up as opposed to the obviously humourous. It makes those who paid £50 to Farage for a walk in the country seem like rocket scientists (albeit scientists with sore feet)

It's looking like third time lucky for PMTM or we Brexit by default

Donald Tusk says a short Brexit delay is 'possible' - but that it would have a brutal condition attached.

The European Council President said it would only be agreed if there was a "positive vote on the Withdrawal Agreement in the House of Commons" - something Theresa May has failed to achieve twice.
Do you think Tusks generous offer will endear him to British voters, and for that matter MP's who if they have any sense should have one eye on how fragile the vote will be at the next election should they go against the wishes of their constituents