The Brexit Consequences Thread

I think I'd rather remain in the EU than have to go to Sunderland.
It could be (marginally) worse; it could be Middlesbrough. Perhaps we can encourage the whole of Cleveland to secede from civilization.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
See below or above, it's not that difficult
It must be for you, especially as Wordsmith was referring to the march on the 29th, not the whole North-South, 2 week exravaganza

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It must be for you, especially as Wordsmith was referring to the march on the 29th, not the whole North-South, 2 week exravaganza
Not a true believer then. I thought he’d be there in the vanguard. As long as the cameraman doesn’t use a wide lens I’m sure it’ll be a great success.

A tad cynical? Fomenting violence to get out of the mess PMTM's 'government' has made of Brexit?

'The UK's top lawyer, Attorney General Geoffrey Cox, has told MPs he has identified a way for the UK to escape the Irish border backstop if it causes disorder in Northern Ireland.'

Northern Ireland disorder could help UK out of backstop, says Attorney General Cox - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
I wonder how much thought they gave to the "red flag to a bull" effect that this might have on the NI hot-heads.

Loyalists want to exit, now all they have to do is kick-off.

I wonder how much thought they gave to the "red flag to a bull" effect that this might have on the NI hot-heads.

Yes, and from the Attorney General, of all positions. The government really has lost it's collective mind, and/or moral compass.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes, and from the Attorney General, of all positions. The government really has lost it's collective mind, and/or moral compass.
I just hope they have enough lawyers to embed one with each 4man brick!

is this the new collective bun fight thread in view of the demise of the other one?

Just asking

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Not a problem, there’s plenty of room in the jails here. I doubt if a lot of them are going to want to play, especially those on licence having been released early.

Bercow says a new proposition for a meaningful vote could be put but not if it is inherently the same proposition that has already been voted against. One SNP (or Labour?) politician wanted to initiate discussion about withdrawing from Article 50.

Like a broken clock, John Bercow is right twice a day. GE time methinks.
I don't believe a GE would solve the basic problem at hand. The same bunch of granny-banging witless wonders would still be standing.

Absolutely no way is Brexit getting actioned anytime soon.

Edited to add: Brexit in any recognizeable form that means anything. We could well BRINO for what it would be worth.

I don't believe a GE would solve the basic problem at hand. The same bunch of granny-banging witless wonders would still be standing.

Absolutely no way is Brexit getting actioned anytime soon.

Edited to add: Brexit in any recognizeable form that means anything. We could well BRINO for what it would be worth.
I reckon that significant numbers of obstructionists could find themselves without their seats.

Latest Threads