The Brexit Consequences Thread

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
See below or above, it's not that difficult
It must be for you, especially as Wordsmith was referring to the march on the 29th, not the whole North-South, 2 week exravaganza

A tad cynical? Fomenting violence to get out of the mess PMTM's 'government' has made of Brexit?

'The UK's top lawyer, Attorney General Geoffrey Cox, has told MPs he has identified a way for the UK to escape the Irish border backstop if it causes disorder in Northern Ireland.'

Northern Ireland disorder could help UK out of backstop, says Attorney General Cox - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
I wonder how much thought they gave to the "red flag to a bull" effect that this might have on the NI hot-heads.

Loyalists want to exit, now all they have to do is kick-off.

I wonder how much thought they gave to the "red flag to a bull" effect that this might have on the NI hot-heads.

Yes, and from the Attorney General, of all positions. The government really has lost it's collective mind, and/or moral compass.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Not a problem, there’s plenty of room in the jails here. I doubt if a lot of them are going to want to play, especially those on licence having been released early.

Like a broken clock, John Bercow is right twice a day. GE time methinks.
I don't believe a GE would solve the basic problem at hand. The same bunch of granny-banging witless wonders would still be standing.

Absolutely no way is Brexit getting actioned anytime soon.

Edited to add: Brexit in any recognizeable form that means anything. We could well BRINO for what it would be worth.

I don't believe a GE would solve the basic problem at hand. The same bunch of granny-banging witless wonders would still be standing.

Absolutely no way is Brexit getting actioned anytime soon.

Edited to add: Brexit in any recognizeable form that means anything. We could well BRINO for what it would be worth.
I reckon that significant numbers of obstructionists could find themselves without their seats.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 63
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 137