The Brexit Consequences Thread

Brexit threat to school dinners comes as stockpiling intensifies

Watching from a ( safe) distance, I find all the scaremongering very interesting and if it wasn't so transparent it would almost be amusing. This really takes the biscuit: food shortages???? Stockpiling??? Do me a favour... I was in Czechoslovakia prior to, during and after the split - that was not some piddly retiring from an international agreement..that was the formulation at relatively short notice with no established legal guidelines of entirely new countries. There were no real hardships, even though the process was carried out with organisational skills honed from nearly 40 years of pretty shabby 'communism'.

One thing that is definite is that the British population will be punished for voting to get out. Here are a few givens: The EU, as a legal and political entity, is part of the leadup to the goal of One World Government. When that's in place, that's effectively the end of the line for 'humanity' as we know it. Brexit was a total accident caused by some unexpected strength of public feeling. UKIP attracted far more support than expected...seemingly on a wave of anti-EU feeling, so twat Cameron was forced to offer a promise of a referendum as a sop to get re-elected, hoping of course that like most election promises it could be conveniently forgotten about. Surprise number one was that the plebs didn't forget...surprise number 2 was that feelings were strong enough and widespread enough that the vote was carried. The puppetmasters above the politicians must have been biting the carpet with rage. There are plenty of countries who would like to get out of the EU as a political and economic entity and a very dangerous, from the point of veiw of the greater global plan, precedent is being set which might set back thier strategy a number of years.
The British population will be punished for that vote and as a warning to any other countries that leaving the EU has negative consequences ( albeit totally contrived ones. ) When the punishments start it's time for people to question the reality of what is happening. Customs delays can be resolved instantly, food shortages will be contrived, so it is up to people to expose that and bring those contriving to create a crisis where none exist to justice..... fat chance in the UK; already the land of the living braindead.

Now that’s stupid. Try getting an internal flight to or from Belfast without a passport. If you’re shiny shod and respectable you’ll get away with photo ID, but even that’s getting frowned upon and more difficult.

Fishing grounds will sort themselves out, we need the Norgie one, the main problem is going to be uncontrolled fishing. We can’t go back to hoovering the sea up.

Prices didn’t double overnight, I would’ve noticed. As for the farmers it depends where you are. Welsh and northern Irish farms are a hell of a lot smaller than english mega farms, but then you know this.

Who does the Eu screw into the ground, you mean those poor African countries who trade freely with the Eu with no tariffs and do a lot of free trade with the eu
Which poor countries does the Eu screw.

We can still buy from whoever we like. I’m wondering where all this cheap new foods coming from. Don’t we have a minister promising adequate food stocks. That looks like a blinder.

Uncle Leo has not been a moron. You have it all wrong, forget it’s irish,it’s a European border, it just happens to be in Ireland. It’s where we as a third country meet the Eu.
Non members meet members. And the Eu will back it’s members.

Have you listened to the guff coming out of Westminster. Have you listened to Jeremy Hunt, who can’t even tell the difference between the Japanese and the Chinese.
Simon Coveney is streets ahead and Ireland isn’t run by the catholic and GAA anymore. Those days are gone. They seem to have embraced the 21stC. A lot better and quicker than NI.

There’s more to the border than trade and money. Much more. Even ‘Bomb Alley’ has been transformed. As for meaningful negotiations, a border down the Irish Sea would have fixed all this.........had it not been for your ‘partners’ in this ‘confidence and supply arrangement’
That raised a laugh, and it hasn’t stopped costing you yet.

You can’t seriously expect to leave a club then swan in and out whenever you like. I’m a reasonable, fairly civil human but I’d object if any passing loon could just walk in and avail himself of the comforts. And that’s not snobbery, pay your bill, accept the benefits.......or go elsewhere.

But of course whatever happens, as far as the brexiters are concerned it’ll be someone else’s fault.
And, everything you've just said proves you have no idea.

Prices did "double overnight", maybe you were a bit to young at the time, me I was a pissant full screw in Aldershot at the time and saw my weekly wage battered by food shopping, you know, when squaddies really were paid a pittance and, 'disposable income' was a pipe dream!

If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know we weren't "Hoovering up fish" there was a mutually agreed moritorium on Cod fishing in the North Sea to preserve stock,that had been in place for about 5 years, shot to F*** by the EU fishing fleets, who actually were hoovering anything that swam!

Leo Varadkar and the EU have been battering the UK with their bleating about a 'Hard Border' affecting the GFA, try reading the f*****g thing, a small paragraph on Border Security, that's it. Left ambiguous for obvious reasons, Coveney is bumping his gums because he sees himself taking over when Varadkar gets the push.
Maybe you can tell me why, the EU saw fit to 'honour' the UK with a 'soft border', maybe you could figure out why Dublin decided not to sign Schengen? Couldn't be anything to do with the fact that, it would mean an EU border between North and South, which would interfere with the Souths trade ? it comes down to Avarice and Greed, the South has made it's bed, tough titty !

"There’s more to the border than trade and money", don't tell Dublin that ! What do you think Dublin and the EU are shouting about, certainly not the movement of people between the two parts of Ireland, that's still covered nicely by the CTA agreement but then again, maybe you'd like to talk to friends of mine on both sides of the border, my ones in the North would tell you to F off, you're talking out of your arse, and the ones living in Dundalk would give you the same short shrift

As for leaving a club, dunno how many clubs you've left in your time but, I don't expect to leave a club, then get told I have to get the rounds in for the next few years as a leaving gift, it normally goes pay up your subs, shake a few hands and leave !

We are leaving, I suggest you stop throwing your teddy in the corner and, get onboard, otherwise you're going to become an even bigger miserable ******* than you are now !

Every day is school day.

'Article 116 of the German Constitution allows the descendants of people persecuted by the Nazis to regain the citizenship that was removed between 1933 and 1945. The German embassy in London says it has received more than 3380 citizenship applications since the Brexit referendum in June 2016. In comparison, only around 20 such requests were made annually in the years before Brexit.'

UK Jews flee to Germany as Brexit looms
The article is correct, the headline isn't. Our lass and various rellys of hers have applied for the passport. None of them intend moving to Germany though, just gives them an extra passport if the EU queue is shorter at the airport.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Shut up you idiot! What you know airports and air travel wouldn't cover the bag of the proverbial fag packet.

Every day's a school day. 50 odd years of traveling by air, one crash, one trip in a skyvan and apart from that very little bother, I'd no idea you had to do an exam to use an airport.
I could probably cover a bag. Especially given the last ten years. (Whatever that is, it's probably a customs persons special thing)

I have to say for a surreal experience at an airport. Bristol would be difficult to beat. I had a microphone and a minidisc identified through the scanner as a handgun. I was invited to view it and either agree or disagree with the findings of our man on the front line that it was indeed a pistol.

Everyone agreed was he was a f***ing idiot. He'd never seen an iPod and only the intervention of a grown up stopped me having to open it. But the upgrade on the car rental to a Merc was a hoot and started an expensiveand enjoyable hobby.

I must let you know next time I'm flying to GB. Maybe you could explain the special points of airports. I've already signed the Official secrets act. (Although it may have been the Defence of the Realm Act first time round)

Or anger management...........or something.

Every day's a school day. 50 odd years of traveling by air, one crash, one trip in a skyvan and apart from that very little bother, I'd no idea you had to do an exam to use an airport.
I could probably cover a bag. Especially given the last ten years. (Whatever that is, it's probably a customs persons special thing)

I have to say for a surreal experience at an airport. Bristol would be difficult to beat. I had a microphone and a minidisc identified through the scanner as a handgun. I was invited to view it and either agree or disagree with the findings of our man on the front line that it was indeed a pistol.

Everyone agreed was he was a f***ing idiot. He'd never seen an iPod and only the intervention of a grown up stopped me having to open it. But the upgrade on the car rental to a Merc was a hoot and started an expensiveand enjoyable hobby.

I must let you know next time I'm flying to GB. Maybe you could explain the special points of airports. I've already signed the Official secrets act. (Although it may have been the Defence of the Realm Act first time round)

Or anger management...........or something.
Skid, I know that it is Friday but it is a bit early for a meltdown. Save yourself the hassle.

It would seem that those of us who voted 'Leave' are damned to the Seventh Circle of Hell, according to that nice Mr Tusk:

"European Council President Donald Tusk has said there is a "special place in hell" for "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely".

Tusk: Special place in hell for Brexiteers

So outraged is he that he's punted it on Twitter also:

Sadly for that nice Mr Tusk, many of the comments are less than supportive.

Another reason not to remain

Really? Posting a tweet from someone (not you, was it?) dated today about something that happened in 2010.
Of course, the Tweeter (is that the right word?) makes it out like it happened today and the bellends fall over themselves to quote it.
Or have I missed another Somali woman with 4 kids who was married to a Dane being given a council house?

It would seem that those of us who voted 'Leave' are damned to the Seventh Circle of Hell, according to that nice Mr Tusk:

"European Council President Donald Tusk has said there is a "special place in hell" for "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely".

Tusk: Special place in hell for Brexiteers

So outraged is he that he's punted it on Twitter also:

Sadly for that nice Mr Tusk, many of the comments are less than supportive.
English comprehension is one of those things you lads should look at post brexit....

OMG - John Humphrys has shock of his life on Today show as anti-Brexit economist strips off in Radio 4 studio - then challenges Jacob Rees-Mogg to have naked debate with her

Dr Victoria Bateman is a fellow at Economics at Cambridge University. She delivers lectures on the harm she says that leaving the EU will have on the British economy. What makes her a little different, perhaps, is that she does so naked.

Dr Bateman appeared in the studio this morning with a message 'Brexit leaves Britain naked' across her body.
Host, John Humphrys confirmed to the audience that Dr Bateman was naked.

Dr Bateman said: 'It carries three important messages, and the first is that Brexit leaves Britain's economy exposed. The second is that Brexit has served to reveal some anti-immigrant sentiments of a kind that we should be very much worried about as a society, and finally, Brexit exposes past government failures. Government failures that left many people feeling they have nothing to lose from Brexit because they have nothing at all.'

1549645026110.png

OMG - John Humphrys has shock of his life on Today show as anti-Brexit economist strips off in Radio 4 studio - then challenges Jacob Rees-Mogg to have naked debate with her

Dr Victoria Bateman is a fellow at Economics at Cambridge University. She delivers lectures on the harm she says that leaving the EU will have on the British economy. What makes her a little different, perhaps, is that she does so naked.

Dr Bateman appeared in the studio this morning with a message 'Brexit leaves Britain naked' across her body.
Host, John Humphrys confirmed to the audience that Dr Bateman was naked.

Dr Bateman said: 'It carries three important messages, and the first is that Brexit leaves Britain's economy exposed. The second is that Brexit has served to reveal some anti-immigrant sentiments of a kind that we should be very much worried about as a society, and finally, Brexit exposes past government failures. Government failures that left many people feeling they have nothing to lose from Brexit because they have nothing at all.'

View attachment 376813
This thread went quiet for a while as dozens of posters sauntered off for guilty wanks.....