The Brexit Consequences Thread

Freedom of movement
They lose freedom of movement to here.
We lose fom to everywhere. And there's a worst case of prep for the return of 150k grunters from Spain due to the removal of reciprocal healthcare.

Loss of fishing waters, we catch what we eat in Norgie waters, we export what we catch in our own. We export that tariff free.

The other 27 don't seem to have any trouble standing up behind Barnier, look at the trouble May has getting the cabinet to agree. And the contortions she's done in the last week to stop the party imploding.

Paying to stay in the free market. Wait and see what costs us when we're out of the club.

We've been able to run our country quite well up until brexit when the whole government went zombie.

Other people's countries seem to be able to sort themselves out, what's it got to do with us. No doubt the trouble in Sudan and Yemen keeps you awake in case it spreads to here.
The Eu, I have never said was perfect but it's better than what we're looking at.
What free movement ? Tell me the last time you left the UK for Europe without showing your passport ?

Fishing, the Dutch and Belgian fisherman are shitting themselves over a No Deal, to the extent that the EU is talking to them about some sort of monetary compensation when they lose their livelihood, because they have the wrong size boats for deep sea fishing when they lose the UK fishing grounds !

Free Market prices, obviously not around when we joined, basic commodity prices doubled overnight, lakes and mountains of foodstuffs to keep the prices up for lazy euro farmers already in receipt of subsidies and, in 40+ years nothing's changed, except we are now paying more to shite farmers than we did to begin with !

Out of the club, we will be able to chose who we buy food from, you know the ones that the EU screws into the ground whilst having everyone believe the benevolent Brussels are really the good guys !

The EU exists to further it's interests,any way it can. Not for the benefit of all but, the benefit of a few and, Uncle Leo in Dublin is just starting to realise what a moron he has been, allowing the EU to use the GFA as device to frustrate any meaningful negotiations, when the GFA has about a paragraph on 'the Border' and, none of it prevents a hard border from either side !

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I didnt make up anything did I? You asked a question I answered. You didnt like the answers.

Talking of schizophrenics, how is it that the EU is great for UK but its been fairly shit for those southern countries in the EU?

Your answers were great. If I was a miserable git I'd like them even more . They won't change a thing, affect a change in anyone's opinion. I thought they were rather sad and somewhat miserable. But that's as far as it got.

I still think the southern countries that you seem so (un)concerned yet excited about would be in a hell of a lot more trouble if they weren't in the Eu. But that's only my opinion, don't bother disagreeing. I'll just take it as read that you did.
Use one of those Oddbod boxes.

Your answers were great. If I was a miserable git I'd like them even more . They won't change a thing, affect a change in anyone's opinion. I thought they were rather sad and somewhat miserable. But that's as far as it got.

I still think the southern countries that you seem so (un)concerned yet excited about would be in a hell of a lot more trouble if they weren't in the Eu. But that's only my opinion, don't bother disagreeing. I'll just take it as read that you did.
Use one of those Oddbod boxes.
Ah I understand, if they werent in the EU they would be in a worst state, thank **** for the EU eh.

I have a feeling that Theresa May knows that the EU will cave in. Maybe go as far as she knew this a long time ago and has been courageously riding the storm from not just that cretin Corbyns Party but from her own side. After all she has been privy to all the inside meetings and all we hear is what the EU drunk money grabbers say to the cameras. As pointed out above, we are not Greece, Portugal or Spain whose economies are a lot weaker than ours and to be fair, if certain countries didnt owe money to the EU, the EU wouldn't bat an eyelid if they invoked Article 50! No, they need us more than they will ever admit. And they have to act all bullish for the sake of their careers. I think May will pull this off at the last min. The job would be easier for her if Remoaners got a grip and Corbyn just let it be known that if a No-Deal has to be done then so be it. The EU know we are not united which certainly plays in its hands.

I have a feeling that Theresa May knows that the EU will cave in. Maybe go as far as she knew this a long time ago and has been courageously riding the storm from not just that cretin Corbyns Party but from her own side. After all she has been privy to all the inside meetings and all we hear is what the EU drunk money grabbers say to the cameras. As pointed out above, we are not Greece, Portugal or Spain whose economies are a lot weaker than ours and to be fair, if certain countries didnt owe money to the EU, the EU wouldn't bat an eyelid if they invoked Article 50! No, they need us more than they will ever admit. And they have to act all bullish for the sake of their careers. I think May will pull this off at the last min. The job would be easier for her if Remoaners got a grip and Corbyn just let it be known that if a No-Deal has to be done then so be it. The EU know we are not united which certainly plays in its hands.
I'm thinking that she is holding out for a 2nd referendum, as is the EU.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I agree with your analysis and I am finding some respect for the tenacity of Mrs May. I think the EU have made a grave tactical error by being so intransigent, instead of leaving with an agreement that both sides could work to they are in danger of a No-deal hard brexit which will cost them more than the UK.

The EU have a reputation for just-before-midnight deals so I suspect an agreement could still be reached, but the high cards are now in PMTM's hand.

I for one, wouldn't mind a no deal, does anyone else or am I just a bit thick?

I'm thinking that she is holding out for a 2nd referendum, as is the EU.
I dont think she is, even though she wanted to remain. The reason is this, whether people say "oh the public didnt understand at the time" or "oh, if i knew then what i know now i would not have voted leave/stay", the whole idea of a democratic vote in which the public vote on known facts at the time would be put at jeopardy. She has stated that the will of the people on the 23rd June has to be put into place. Otherwise a year after a General Election and God forbid Corbyn is the PM and he told a little white lie about tuition fees, then we cant all ask for another Election because "things didnt turn out right"!

Yes , it's FA to do with the US, now FO.
The US are one of the guarantors of the GFA. with it's commitment to the open borer.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
What free movement ? Tell me the last time you left the UK for Europe without showing your passport ?

Fishing, the Dutch and Belgian fisherman are shitting themselves over a No Deal, to the extent that the EU is talking to them about some sort of monetary compensation when they lose their livelihood, because they have the wrong size boats for deep sea fishing when they lose the UK fishing grounds !

Free Market prices, obviously not around when we joined, basic commodity prices doubled overnight, lakes and mountains of foodstuffs to keep the prices up for lazy euro farmers already in receipt of subsidies and, in 40+ years nothing's changed, except we are now paying more to shite farmers than we did to begin with !

Out of the club, we will be able to chose who we buy food from, you know the ones that the EU screws into the ground whilst having everyone believe the benevolent Brussels are really the good guys !

The EU exists to further it's interests,any way it can. Not for the benefit of all but, the benefit of a few and, Uncle Leo in Dublin is just starting to realise what a moron he has been, allowing the EU to use the GFA as device to frustrate any meaningful negotiations, when the GFA has about a paragraph on 'the Border' and, none of it prevents a hard border from either side !
Now that’s stupid. Try getting an internal flight to or from Belfast without a passport. If you’re shiny shod and respectable you’ll get away with photo ID, but even that’s getting frowned upon and more difficult.

Fishing grounds will sort themselves out, we need the Norgie one, the main problem is going to be uncontrolled fishing. We can’t go back to hoovering the sea up.

Prices didn’t double overnight, I would’ve noticed. As for the farmers it depends where you are. Welsh and northern Irish farms are a hell of a lot smaller than english mega farms, but then you know this.

Who does the Eu screw into the ground, you mean those poor African countries who trade freely with the Eu with no tariffs and do a lot of free trade with the eu
Which poor countries does the Eu screw.

We can still buy from whoever we like. I’m wondering where all this cheap new foods coming from. Don’t we have a minister promising adequate food stocks. That looks like a blinder.

Uncle Leo has not been a moron. You have it all wrong, forget it’s irish,it’s a European border, it just happens to be in Ireland. It’s where we as a third country meet the Eu.
Non members meet members. And the Eu will back it’s members.

Have you listened to the guff coming out of Westminster. Have you listened to Jeremy Hunt, who can’t even tell the difference between the Japanese and the Chinese.
Simon Coveney is streets ahead and Ireland isn’t run by the catholic and GAA anymore. Those days are gone. They seem to have embraced the 21stC. A lot better and quicker than NI.

There’s more to the border than trade and money. Much more. Even ‘Bomb Alley’ has been transformed. As for meaningful negotiations, a border down the Irish Sea would have fixed all this.........had it not been for your ‘partners’ in this ‘confidence and supply arrangement’
That raised a laugh, and it hasn’t stopped costing you yet.

You can’t seriously expect to leave a club then swan in and out whenever you like. I’m a reasonable, fairly civil human but I’d object if any passing loon could just walk in and avail himself of the comforts. And that’s not snobbery, pay your bill, accept the benefits.......or go elsewhere.

But of course whatever happens, as far as the brexiters are concerned it’ll be someone else’s fault.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The US are one of the guarantors of the GFA. with it's commitment to the open borer.
Not sure the USA are as keen since 09/11/01. They view terrorism differently now.

Try getting an internal flight to or from Belfast without a passport. If you’re shiny shod and respectable you’ll get away with photo ID, but even that’s getting frowned upon and more difficult.
I flew from Belfast International to Stansted and returned a couple of weeks ago using my bus pass (which only received a cursory glance) as ID. But I am respectable.

I will stop you right here at your very first point. First of all, you don't show your passport while leaving the UK. You show it after you arrive at your EU destination. There is not exit controls in the UK, at least in airports. The ones for Eurostar are manned by the French - quid pro quo. You do show it your airline though. And why? That's because of the UK decided it didn't want to be in the Schengen zone. So, that's why you do it. Unlike in Europe where you can cross borders across without a passport because of their choice.

Second of all, free movement also constitutes the right to move anywhere in Europe without much/ any paperwork. I could literally take up a job in Spain if I wanted to tomorrow without a company having to sponsor me because of the UK passport. That is free movement. And I can walk into a clinic somewhere in Europe with EHIC card to get treatment if something really bad went down. That is free movement.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I will stop you right here at your very first point. First of all, you don't show your passport while leaving the UK. You show it after you arrive at your EU destination. There is not exit controls in the UK, at least in airports. The ones for Eurostar are manned by the French - quid pro quo. You do show it your airline though. And why? That's because of the UK decided it didn't want to be in the Schengen zone. So, that's why you do it. Unlike in Europe where you can cross borders across without a passport because of their choice.

Second of all, free movement also constitutes the right to move anywhere in Europe without much/ any paperwork. I could literally take up a job in Spain if I wanted to tomorrow without a company having to sponsor me because of the UK passport. That is free movement. And I can walk into a clinic somewhere in Europe with EHIC card to get treatment if something really bad went down. That is free movement.
And mainly because most EU countries (if not all) have ID Cards whereas in Britain we don't therefore need something to use as ID, hence passports.

Now that’s stupid. Try getting an internal flight to or from Belfast without a passport. If you’re shiny shod and respectable you’ll get away with photo ID, but even that’s getting frowned upon and more difficult.
Shut up you idiot! What you know airports and air travel wouldn't cover the bag of the proverbial fag packet.