The Brexit Consequences Thread

Selectively then it would seem on the basis of “subsidiarity” I do criticise the Legal system for not being even handed, I can criticise on a fair basis. If the British Government can selectively promote HR for Matrix chambers to make a bomb out of immigration issues, shouldn’t the same be true of Banking retail misappropriations? AFter all the EU says they should. Conveniently Labour removed the 1988 Banking act, in 2005. And I have a letter from David Lammy re legal aid which interprets National interest as nothing more than convenience. Unfortunately ( I don’t know if it’s changed since) but the ECJ won’t hear a case from the U.K. unless it’s To challenge an SC hearing. So you see the argument of non implementation works both ways.
Internal issues where blame can only lay on UK entities and the ECJ keeping to its remit!

If you wish! I still think you're fooling yourself but so be it!
The point being that if my bosses told me policy was changing to implement EU policy, which they frequently did, there is no way I can accept that the Government didn’t. The alternative was they had their own agenda and they lied- it being a Labour Government at that point. Tories got in in 2010 and I retired in ‘11, being the point. That would be three administrations from ‘ 97 . The ones that promised a referendum and failed to deliver.

I appreciate your faith in us being good people...

Minister 'in urgent talks with Dublin' over post-Brexit energy fears in Northern Ireland
Posted On:
22nd August 2018

Business Secretary Greg Clark has held urgent talks with the Irish government amid fears the electricity supply in Northern Ireland could be hit by a no-deal Brexit, it has been reported.
But you should really plan for the worst lads...please.

A senior figure involved in the preparations told the paper the emergency plans were so extreme that Mr Clark had been instructed to find a way to avoid their publication.

“When we looked at this we found there weren’t enough readily available generators in the world for what would be needed,” they said.

However another Whitehall figure said: “Our position will be that we don’t have to prepare for the catastrophic outcome because it won’t happen.
Minister 'in urgent talks with Dublin' over post-Brexit energy fears in Northern Ireland

Will Dublin be sawing through the power cables?
What of the ESB in the UK market?

Irish energy trading firm begins expansion into UK market

Ireland’s state utility ESB set to join UK energy market

ESB is responsible for one of the few new gas-fired power plants to be built in recent years. The 884MW Carrington plant outside Manchester began generating power last year and ESB also runs the 350MW Corby power plant in Northamptonshire, as well as a wind farm in England and one in Wales.

Brexit: Northern Ireland businesses told to contact Republic's government to prepare for 'unlikely' no deal - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Oh that's a sneaky cunning plan you lot have devised,not so much walk away from Norn Iron as hurl it at us while running away shouting "we're free....we're free"....we're on to you! :shakefist:

When you e finished patting herself on the back, try and remember this...

It’s the Irish Government in Dublin that’s going to have to impose, emplacement and enforce a hard border under the UKs proposals.

So, you’ve got a few choices,.....

Side with the EU and put up a border.... the sight of Gardai overseeing contractors putting up an o’irish curtain will be rather politically toxic

Or let everything through and the EU will crucify you for acting like a tax free back door into EUtopia

When you e finished patting herself on the back, try and remember this...

It’s the Irish Government in Dublin that’s going to have to impose, emplacement and enforce a hard border under the UKs proposals.

So, you’ve got a few choices,.....

Side with the EU and put up a border.... the sight of Gardai overseeing contractors putting up an o’irish curtain will be rather politically toxic

Or let everything through and the EU will crucify you for acting like a tax free back door into EUtopia
Ah jaysus no....we're just going to blame you anyway.....perfidious Albion is a wonderful catch all. :highfive: