The Brexit Consequences Thread

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Whether you think it's valid or not is irrelevant! I suggest you look up the definition of a Strawman argument because you obviously don't know it!
Indeed I do but for your benefit here is the definition
Straw man - Wikipedia

Now maybe you can point out how my responding to your post could be considered a straw man argument? You can show your workings in the margins!

Straw man - Wikipedia

Now maybe you can point out how my responding to your post could be considered a straw man argument? You can show your workings in the margins!
I have never made the case for the following:

"that Brussels is right in all matters"

Your implication that I have "fallen for the propaganda" for this is therefore a strawman argument!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Straw man - Wikipedia

If he could think straight he wouldn't be a Remainiac..

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have never made the case for the following:

"that Brussels is right in all matters"

Your implication that I have "fallen for the propaganda" for this is therefore a strawman argument!
While you may not have used those exact words in that post, and others, the impression you give is that exactly! Do you now just want one word replies to your posts or do you want me to give a wee bit explanation why I have just said what I post?

Now, you have not posted the last part of the above paragraph in your post so is that question another part of your straw man fantasy? Generally I prefer to give a bit of reasoning behind my posts and to be honest, I usually don't give a flying f*ck what others think of it, but your accusation required a bit more from me than the norm.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oooo hark at you!

I hope you do get the hard brexit you thoroughly deserve, no skin off my nose!

I look forward to carry on watching the show, best comedy in decades!
My bold. Does that mean you are not a resident of the UK and therefore don't have vote thus rendering your posts even more irrelevant?

While you may not have used those exact words in that post, and others, the impression you give is that exactly! Do you now just want one word replies to your posts or do you want me to give a wee bit explanation why I have just said what I post?

Now, you have not posted the last part of the above paragraph in your post so is that question another part of your straw man fantasy? Generally I prefer to give a bit of reasoning behind my posts and to be honest, I usually don't give a flying f*ck what others think of it, but your accusation required a bit more from me than the norm.
So you admit to making stuff up!

Well done, I congratulate your honesty on this rare occasion!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So you admit to making stuff up!

Well done, I congratulate your honesty on this rare occasion!
Now where did I say that, are you slipping into straw man mode? I didn't make anything up, I explained my reasoning. Obviously too complicated an issue for you so back to your crayons.

Oooo hark at you!

I hope you do get the hard brexit you thoroughly deserve, no skin off my nose!
Funny how the permascreeching expats - having bailed out of the country - never seem to tire of telling those who remain how they should live.

Also, somewhat paradoxically, they all seem eager to profess how not bothered they are.

Blast from the past:

Once upon a time in HM Customs and Excise

But fear not, HMRC are on the case. Whatever that might be....

Thus roll out their new Customs Declaration Service in phases from August with a fallback contingency onto an uprated version of the old CHIEF system and then buy in the "Single Window" customs system from Singapore.

Oh and selectively ease border checks until all that works not to mention recruiting another 5000 staff.

All sub optimal of course but they have been given the shitty end of the stick largely thanks to Government infighting.

Always going to be the case that EC would give two fingers to the White Paper proposal because they don't trust HMRC to slice and dice the 12,500+ EU import tariffs let alone the Import VAT on stuff from outside the EU which, come 2022, changes so that UK would be collecting for EU.

Funny how the permascreeching expats - having bailed out of the country - never seem to tire of telling those who remain how they should live.

Also, somewhat paradoxically, they all seem eager to profess how not bothered they are.
Just keep paying taxes, it pays my wages! ;)

E2A you can live as you want tbh, but don't forget you "won" so have fun with the "winnings"!

Yes "they" (actually that should be "we") do demand it, but implementation into national law is the responsibility of the national governments, a job that UK governments seem to be spectacularly bad at!

You seem to be criticising the UK legal system in the second paragraph, not sure how that is relevant!
Selectively then it would seem on the basis of “subsidiarity” I do criticise the Legal system for not being even handed, I can criticise on a fair basis. If the British Government can selectively promote HR for Matrix chambers to make a bomb out of immigration issues, shouldn’t the same be true of Banking retail misappropriations? AFter all the EU says they should. Conveniently Labour removed the 1988 Banking act, in 2005. And I have a letter from David Lammy re legal aid which interprets National interest as nothing more than convenience. Unfortunately ( I don’t know if it’s changed since) but the ECJ won’t hear a case from the U.K. unless it’s To challenge an SC hearing. So you see the argument of non implementation works both ways.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470