The Brexit Consequences Thread

Also went to a meeting a while back which had the mayor of Alicante, two reps from the Valencia regional government and other luminaries in attendance.
We were assured that our rights would not be affected provided we had formalised our status before the UK leaves the EU. By formalised this meant legal residency and fiscal status.
I bet the Mayor and the two reps looked at each other and thought, "Here's another one, we'll have some euro's off 'e"

You talking about the DailyMail?
Normally I would take that as a sort of joke, but with you I know you mean it.

Most Germans believe that "England is leaving Europe" mostly because the island people are all racists and hate all foreigners. Some of them have brought forward trips the UK (Including our club group trip) because after Brexit they will not be able to go there anymore. Others have asked if I will have to give up my NATO job after the UK leaves the EU as we will no longer be members. On the radio I heard a discussion about whether it will be the end of town and school twinning arrangements.

You think the British are not served well by their press, you have seen nothing until you are exposed to the German version.

I know terrible isn't it. That the English should be confused for the British. So terribly continental
Well the English are British aren't they (but British doesn't mean just English)? I mean there is no English passport as such. Tho, I do understand what you mean.

So when people ask are you a Brit, what do you usually say?

Well the English are British aren't they (but British doesn't mean just English)? I mean there is no English passport as such. Tho, I do understand what you mean.

Simples....

Erm no they are part of Britain, who happen to have their National Language as the descriptive, thus the English take the blame for everything-just as the French or Germans or any one else. Bavaria speaks German it doesn't consider the rest of Germany to be German-it's always the nasty Prussians and you wouldn't believe that Austria was once a major power. Fortunately the other devolved countries all have a British passport-otherwise we'd never hear the last of it.

Last edited:
Normally I would take that as a sort of joke, but with you I know you mean it.

Most Germans believe that "England is leaving Europe" mostly because the island people are all racists and hate all foreigners. Some of them have brought forward trips the UK (Including our club group trip) because after Brexit they will not be able to go there anymore. Others have asked if I will have to give up my NATO job after the UK leaves the EU as we will no longer be members. On the radio I heard a discussion about whether it will be the end of town and school twinning arrangements.

You think the British are not served well by their press, you have seen nothing until you are exposed to the German version.
It was a joke, even though I have absolute contempt for Dacre and his ilk.

I work for a German company, even though it's German like BAE Systems is British now, international. I was in Berlin in April, Brexit hardly comes up in conversation and then it's only been mentioned sadly, in passing.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Tell them you’re irish. The only ones who don’t like it are the English.

You really are turning into a stupid BOF, aren;t you?
If you know eff all about something, don;t even try to show your ignorance.

Then again, you were a teacher (or so you say) so you're probably used to spinning crap.

FYI.
To get Spanish citizenship, you have to have had residency for a minimum of 10 years.
You then have to show a fluent knowledge of Spanish (which I can) and pass a test on Spanish way of life, history and current affairs. You then have to show an integration into Spanish life like working for a community service, charity or some other such. They don't give citizenship (or residency) to anyone who asks like the UK does.
You then wait a minimum of 3 years and have to swear allegiance to the King and renounce your original nationality. (no dual nationality here).

Now, I love our Queen (who honoured me with an MBE). After 30 years in the Army and still paying around 4 grand a year in taxes to the UK gov, I don't think I'd like to cut off allegiance to Her Maj nor cut my ties to UK where my daughters and grandkids live.

However, with people like you populating the place it's somewhere I don't like going to anymore. A grey little island populated by grey, little people.
Now FOAD.
My bold. So they're not given out like confetti in Spain then? The UK could learn a trick or two.

You really are turning into a stupid BOF, aren;t you?
If you know eff all about something, don;t even try to show your ignorance.

Then again, you were a teacher (or so you say) so you're probably used to spinning crap.

FYI.
To get Spanish citizenship, you have to have had residency for a minimum of 10 years.
You then have to show a fluent knowledge of Spanish (which I can) and pass a test on Spanish way of life, history and current affairs. You then have to show an integration into Spanish life like working for a community service, charity or some other such. They don't give citizenship (or residency) to anyone who asks like the UK does.
You then wait a minimum of 3 years and have to swear allegiance to the King and renounce your original nationality. (no dual nationality here).
Now, I love our Queen (who honoured me with an MBE). After 30 years in the Army and still paying around 4 grand a year in taxes to the UK gov, I don't think I'd like to cut off allegiance to Her Maj nor cut my ties to UK where my daughters and grandkids live.

However, with people like you populating the place it's somewhere I don't like going to anymore. A grey little island populated by grey, little people.
Now FOAD.
Fcek me. You were a shagging LE.

A nouveau . How sad.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

My bold. So they're not given out like confetti in Spain then? The UK could learn a trick or two.
Which is again a good indication that it tends to be the UK implementation (or not) of EU laws and regulations, not the laws and regulations themselves that is the main issue surrounding immigration from the EU!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470