The Brexit Consequences Thread

WE've been subsidising the low paid long before 1975 - Family Income Supplement. The tax credits scheme was designed to make it more attractive to work than sit at home and claim FIS.

It also subsidises all low paid work, public and private sector.

Wasn't really a problem until we started subsidising the EU's poor as well as our own.

I had to laugh at an report on the Beeb News at the weekend, 90% of all Jag/LR sales in the UK are diesel engined.

Jag/LR are blaming a drop in sales this year on consumer uncertainty............................due to Brexit ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had to laugh at an report on the Beeb News at the weekend, 90% of all Jag/LR sales in the UK are diesel engined.

Jag/LR are blaming a drop in sales this year on consumer uncertainty............................due to Brexit ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
BBC might have said that but Jaguar/LR didn't
Jaguar blames demonisation of diesels after UK sales plummet by a fifth in the last three months of 2017
(Several newspapers including Brexit speshul Mail).

BBC might have said that but Jaguar/LR didn't
Jaguar blames demonisation of diesels after UK sales plummet by a fifth in the last three months of 2017
(Several newspapers including Brexit speshul Mail).
And yet, the 90% diesel was a Jag/LR production figure for 2017 that the Beeb was quoting, diesels had been 'demonised' for a couple of years previous to 'Brexit' vote ! Maybe someone at Jag/LR can make the corelation between people not wanting to buy diesels and, making diesels 90% of your UK output ? ;-)

My point was............lets blame Brexit, instead of our business plan.

JLR seem to have omitted to mention over capacity in its luxury ranges, and the fact it’s moving down market with the E Pace etc.
They also seem to have omitted to mention the huge plant they’ve built in Slovakia with the capacity to build 300:000 cars a year and their move to electric from dirty diesels.

That’s great, always happy to see people in work. Yet in 1975 the tax payer wasn’t subsiding private employment by paying tax credits. If a jobs worth doing it’s worth getting paid for.
Also you’d expect the tax take to be way up thanks to the numbers of people in work.
No, we were just subsidising many of the industries they wordked in seeing as they were state owned.

Last edited:

JLR have been quite clear saying that diesel sales are down due to an uncertainty of diesel engined sales and potentially brexit.

Sales are down in the UK about lack of clarity of Diesel engines.

Speaking to a mate who works there, those contractors were due to go anyway because JLR had for finished the need for those contractors. They expanded all they need to expand by.

I cannot take much more of this doom and gloom.

UK Tech Investment Surges 115%

Last year, the first full year when investors knew Britain would be Brexiting, saw tech investment hit a record with €7.1 billion* raised, a 115% year-on-year increase in investment in the high-tech industries and firms of the future.
When will it all end.

I've stopped posting on other forums. Every time I put something like that up, all I get is thousands of remainknobs answering with "Yeah But", lost the will to reply a long time ago. :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453