The Brexit Consequences Thread

<snigger>

so your saying that the EU doesn't smell of unicorns and may have some small flaws, easily reformed from within?
Quite easily reformed from within except nobody will ever be empowered to.
And after 2005 will never again be asked, I just wonder what wizard wheeze the next "Treaty of.........." brings up in regards to sovereign nations and not putting anything to a general vote by the tax-paying classes affected by those treaties?
Other clocks are also ticking alles uber der platz too.
Simple really, but it won't affect my quality of life, the die has been cast.
Faites vos jeux, rien ne va plus!
And now less than a year to go..........................

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Quite easily reformed from within except nobody will ever be empowered to.
And after 2005 will never again be asked, I just wonder what wizard wheeze the next "Treaty of.........." brings up in regards to sovereign nations and not putting anything to a general vote by the tax-paying classes affected by those treaties?
Other clocks are also ticking alles uber der platz too.
Simple really, but it won't affect my quality of life, the die has been cast.
Faites vos jeux, rien ne va plus!
And now less than a year to go..........................
Less than a year to go where, we aren’t going anywhere. The Eu has more chance of crashing and burning, fulfilling weirdsmiths predictions, than we have of being out in a year.

you do realise nobody really gives a sh*t about the passport colour or where it's made don't you? After brexit we will be able to set up trade with whoever we wish. That's the point. We can still buy cars from Germany for example. Looking out to the world not in to the EU. You just make yourself look silly and/or bitter posting stuff from the tw*ttersphere.

you do realise nobody really gives a sh*t about the passport colour or where it's made don't you? After brexit we will be able to set up trade with whoever we wish. That's the point. We can still buy cars from Germany for example. Looking out to the world not in to the EU. You just make yourself look silly and/or bitter posting stuff from the tw*ttersphere.

Passport colour seems to matter incredibly to remain.
See also their new found faux concern for British fisheries.

Really? In your obtusiveness, haven't you realised most of those things we had have gone by the board because single EU agencies have been established? And it wasn't a takeover, it was a fully agreed set of circumstances because they made sense.
We now have to re-instigate those bodies and, if you'd read the link, it's been pointed out we no longer have the expertise, the personnel or the establishments unless we start from virtually scratch which we aren't because the PMTM has pointed out we will join the existing agencies in some form or other. Just the ECJ she doesn't like.
But you continue to whistle your "It'll Be Alright on the Night" theme and that they are merely a "drop in the ocean".
Your are merely reverse arguing my position. The functions for the EU are operated here and were originally British. In fact many were assigned to my ex department as border functions in lieu of the police. Now the fact that Brussels have in fact placed no money into these systems other than what we've paid in seems to escape people. We might make savings from being in Europe-ie. by default but money will have to spent on reestablishing what already exists in principle. Why do you think I gave the leave people scant attention despite voting leave. Because the EU is smoke and mirrors-it's more about money not spent anyway. The Bottom line Bleep was these savings originated as part of the peace dividend in 1990. There was money to be saved and it morphed into EEC thinking for the single market. They entirely forgot economic warfare which is what criminality is. The more ways something can be checked and verified the less things are invalid. Unfortunatel in a borderless society things are the more likely things are to be tampered with. It's unfortunate but there it is.

As to the ECJ, that again is merely a body that 28 have agreed as a medium, it is not a national body and the supreme courts in any one country can disagree. What do people not get? No-one has yet abrogated their own surpeme court in favour of the ECJ . It only works when that court is agreed with. It is not the ICJ

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Passport colour seems to matter incredibly to remain.
See also their new found faux concern for British fisheries.
Nothing newfound about it. I flagged this up really early, that and the border.

Just because it’s difficult and won’t go away, or more likely, because you don’t understand it, doesn't mean you can summarily dismiss it.

Other people aren’t. Forget the fishing, it’s dead it was always going to go for the greater good.

Yes Europe does more fishing in our waters, and they are going to continue to do so in return for the passporting of our London based financial/service industries. No surprise there.

Which should come as something of a surprise to weirdsmith. Why are we so keen to trade, work with and carry on our financial services into a zone in imminent danger of collapse. Surely we should be getting everything we have out of there as quickly as possible. To avoid getting dragged down with it.

Those inside the Brussels bubble are about as in touch with those tax paying little people as John Major was over Maastricht, Gordon Brown over Lisbon and CMD calling our bluff over Brexit.
From memory, at least four EU countries are mandated by their law to call a referendum in the event of a further treaty being proposed. There will also be demands on other countries by the respective euro-skeptic parties (Syriza, Podemos, Five Star, AfD and so on) for a referendum; I suspect or more of those attempts will be successful.

The barriers to voting down treaty change are lower than leaving the EU. Leaving the EU is a major change of direction and carries risk. Voting a treaty down is inherently less risky; it means saying "we're happy with the way things are". As such, the risk of several countries voting down the proposed treaty is significant.

A further treaty would also be referred to the German Supreme Court, which in turn would rule on whether changes to the German constitution were required. If changes are required, German law requires that those changes are approved via a referendum.

As such, the chances of the EU getting a successor treaty to the Lisbon treaty are small. Accordingly, I suspect the EU will try and sneak changes through as 'procedural changes' rather have a new treaty rejected - further increasing the democratic deficit within the EU.

Wordsmith

Why are we so keen to trade, work with and carry on our financial services into a zone in imminent danger of collapse. Surely we should be getting everything we have out of there as quickly as possible. To avoid getting dragged down with it.
it's really the reverse. Go back to the campaign about joining the Euro and all that cant about the cost of having Euro accounts, It followed on from the Euro itself doing away with individual currencies. The huge myth is that it saves money. Just like the argument that Customs checks cost money- it's all built into the cost of the product, there is no reduction to the customer, it's not meant to be. London is actually far important to the EU than they would have you believe, that's why getting us into the Euro was paramount. The alternative is killing London.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
it's really the reverse. Go back to the campaign about joining the Euro and all that cant about the cost of having Euro accounts, It followed on from the Euro itself doing away with individual currencies. The huge myth is that it saves money. Just like the argument that Customs checks cost money- it's all built into the cost of the product, there is no reduction to the customer, it's not meant to be. London is actually far important to the EU than they would have you believe, that's why getting us into the Euro was paramount. The alternative is killing London.

Are we going to employ all these new customs, tax and civil service personnel for nothing. All those jobs outsourced to the Eu will now have to come home, are they working for nothing.

Which is why they were centralised in the first place. Why do we need our own people to do these jobs when they are being covered in Europe. It was all down to saving money which was what we were told we were doing in the Eu to start.

Only Brexit loonies rattle on about us joining the Euro. We didn’t, we weren’t going to and we aren’t. Nor are the Turks coming any time soon and now the Eu can’t do without London. Every day a new an even more entertaining pile of poo.

Are we going to employ all these new customs, tax and civil service personnel for nothing. All those jobs outsourced to the Eu will now have to come home, are they working for nothing.

Which is why they were centralised in the first place. Why do we need our own people to do these jobs when they are being covered in Europe. It was all down to saving money which was what we were told we were doing in the Eu to start.

Only Brexit loonies rattle on about us joining the Euro. We didn’t, we weren’t going to and we aren’t. Nor are the Turks coming any time soon and now the Eu can’t do without London. Every day a new an even more entertaining pile of poo.
Cost benefit analysis would probably show a long term benefit in doing so, rather than just accepting the cost of failure.As for your convenient amnesia re the drive to join the Euro., I haven't forgotten . The Turks are already here in all but agreement, you may have missed that.

Edited to add, as to poo, I'm well qualified to deal with it. I've seen enough Human excrement to last a lifetime.

Your father smelt of elderberries.....

A little lightening up would do this thread the world of good.

Cost benefit analysis would probably show a long term benefit in doing so, rather than just accepting the cost of failure.As for your convenient amnesia re the drive to join the Euro., I haven't forgotten . The Turks are already here in all but agreement, you may have missed that.

Edited to add, as to poo, I'm well qualified to deal with it. I've seen enough Human excrement to last a lifetime.
Please elucidate. Or just made up rubbish?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464