The Brexit Consequences Thread

I welcome this statement - as I'm tired of the constant threats / demands / conditions from Barnier et al...it makes me want to stop the flow of funds into the Brusselles 'mafia' and to simply walk away FINISHING THE WHOLE DAMN CIRCUS ABOUT WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT DO !!

I still recall Barniers statement about us always leaving them in Europe - he seems to forget the TWO wars in the last Century,where it cost the UK ( and Ireland ) so many lives,as well as the financial costs.
They can keep their insulting attitude and punishment threats - try managing without our weekly input of cash - Juncker will have a heart attack !!

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
This is a very interesting discussion on Brexit with Yanis Varoufakis, in which he makes some rare good points and also helpful, reasonable and sensible suggestions:

As an aside: those who maintain that Yanis Varoufakis was a complete failure in his negotiations with the EU as the Greek Finance Minister should; (a) read his book about that("Adults in the Room"), and, (b) watch some very enlightening vids on YooChob in which he explains exactly what happened and why he ultimately tendered his resignation.

MsG

This is a very interesting discussion on Brexit with Yanis Varoufakis, in which he makes some rare good points and also helpful, reasonable and sensible suggestions:

As an aside: those who maintain that Yanis Varoufakis was a complete failure in his negotiations with the EU as the Greek Finance Minister should; (a) read his book about that("Adults in the Room"), and, (b) watch some very enlightening vids on YooChob in which he explains exactly what happened and why he ultimately tendered his resignation.

MsG
youchob? Really.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
You're right, Tyred_Teck. It should read: "YooChoob". Sorry for that. I hope you can sleep easily tonight. All the best.

MsG

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
That's one reason to LEAVE.

The sanctimonious, over-promoted, lefty airhead.
As opposed to sanctimonious, over-promoted "righty" airheads?

MsG

there's an underlying tone of being upset that we've left there as well. I think the yanks liked us being in the EU mix for the very reasons he's mentioned.
You're correct. It's an argument for UK membership of the EU from an American. Odd the Daily Mail didn't point that out.

The True rulers of the European Union's Brussels Politburo is Mamma Merkel as the moment. Germany probably via back channels tells, the EU Apparatchicks like Barnier, Claude Bonkers and other 'How high to Jump'. After all there is a cerain truth in the old saying..

"He who Pays the Piper, Calls the Tune"....

.... and Germany calls the tune as far as the ECB and the Euro are concerned. Greece, Italy, Spain and the Portugeuese economies are a bit ropey at the moment. The EU at the moment does not look like the united political construct that the Brussels Politburo would like to project. No amount of papering ofver the cracks will hide some of the current disagreements, and it has nothing to do with he UK's 'Brexist' decision. There has been rumblings of Eurosceptic delusions for many, many years across the continent long the UK decided to call an 'Article 50' event. The Brussels Politburo, as I call it, are desperate to try and stop any futher mutiny in the ranks of other member states wanting to pull out of the Club EU.

Two old timers who had experience of the Old Soviet system was Mickail Gorbechev, the last Chairman of the Russian Praesidium, and Lech Walesca, the first democratically elected President of a free Poland after the fall of Soviet Comminism. Both these people warned about the possibility of the EU becoming authoritarian and centrist in nature.

The long term agenda of the EU is to take over ALL of Europe, in my opinion, the Ukraine, Georgia and the Balkans if they can. Perhaps even all those North african States around the Mediterranean Basin - like as in he Ancient Days of the Old Roman Empire. There have been staements from the EU about "Empire Building". Even David Cameron our Ex-Prime Minister made a statement about wanting to see the EU "stretch from the Atlantic to the Urals".

So don't be too surprised in future years if the EU tries to make Member States Governments an irrelevancy and a Rubber Stamp for already taken decisions made in he Council of Ministers. The EU's Parlieament has NO law makeing powers as I understant this, nor do they have powers to strike down or amend EU legislation. All they do is to vote 'Yes' or 'No' on policies and propositions put in front of them. Perhaps one day this will change. At the moment the EU's Powers that Be are desperate to keep their "Status Quo" as it is currently. So the saga continues......

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
The arbitrary division of the UK into 'Regions' was a first step to balkanise England and by pass Westminster. Blair went along with it as it fitted in with his ambition to be President, Justas the QE/PoW carriers were to be part of his dowry, to lead the EU navy. However he failed to work out that for France and Germany the president has to be from some no-account joke country like Belgium or Luxembourg.

The arbitrary division of the UK into 'Regions' was a first step to balkanise England and by pass Westminster. Blair went along with it as it fitted in with his ambition to be President, Justas the QE/PoW carriers were to be part of his dowry, to lead the EU navy. However he failed to work out that for France and Germany the president has to be from some no-account joke country like Belgium or Luxembourg.
How about a country the size of . . . oooh . . . Wales?

Like Wales.

The bill to start the regions was headed up by the great intellectual Prescott, given short shift in a local referendum in the North East. The carriers were as much to create employment and inject money into the area of Broons constituency and a bung to the SNP.