The Brexit Consequences Thread

Nope, the reason the UKIP vote dipped at the last election was due to the Conservative promising to carry out BREXIT and Labour promising to do the same. labour, you will probably have to sit down when you read this, lied like a cheap NAAFI watch and told the electorate that they would also see BREXIT through and have done everything they could to derail it so far. The Tories have been no better. Both major parties will lose vote at the next election but who will get them?

Are you having trouble with comprehension? I said a more right wing Tory party and a more left wing Labour party. That's it. As far as Labour and their manifesto is concerned it said they would see Brexit through and would scrap the then extant Brexit white paper. The UKIP vote went back to its roots is all i said, nothing about the reasons why.

Do you mean the GB sticker that you should be displaying already... whilst we're still in the EU... and Pre-Brexit Referendum?

Muppet.

Displaying number plates: Flags, symbols and identifiers - GOV.UK

As for the EU flag... I'd imagine we'll let them run out in due course. Because we're British and pragmatic that way.

E2A although why you'd be more recognisable as a UK veh with a EU flag and 'GB' on the plate but not 'GB' and a Union Flag is beyond me...
If you have an EU plate, with the little blue flag and (in your case ) GB underneath then you do not need a GB sticker.
Read your own link - muppet.

Now when you finally finish faffing about and actually leave the EU those plates will be illegal, I assume, so will you have to change them en mass?

If you have an EU plate, with the little blue flag and (in your case ) GB underneath then you do not need a GB sticker.
Read your own link - muppet.

Now when you finally finish faffing about and actually leave the EU those plates will be illegal, I assume, so will you have to change them en mass?
I actually address that point in my post. So calm down, dear. Read the bit after 'E2A'.

Between you posting originally and now, I've been on the roads a fair bit and made a point of looking for cars with the EU flag and GB combo... one. Seriously. ONE. in about two hours of driving and walking through car parks. The vast majority don't seem to have any addition at all.

Let's assume it isn't a critical issue shall we. And if you're daft enough to put an EU flag on your car, you can probably afford the couple of quid it will cost for a sticker or magnet GB plate.

As mentioned the chances are we'll just leave the 'illegal' (as of then) plates to just sort of fade out. Apparently a bit of duct tape is just about the right width and, again, only costs about a couple of quid. I'd certainly recommend any driver carrying a roll in their tool kit... especially if going to foreign climes.

British drivers use BLACK TAPE to cover up EU stars on number plates | Daily Mail Online

Once again British pragmatism will win out. I'd bet on the EU plates just being allowed to fade out with time. Lesser folk may get hysterical about it and try to make it a big deal.

£3...

I actually address that point in my post. So calm down, dear. Read the bit after 'E2A'.

Between you posting originally and now, I've been on the roads a fair bit and made a point of looking for cars with the EU flag and GB combo... one. Seriously. ONE. in about two hours of driving and walking through car parks. The vast majority don't seem to have any addition at all.

Let's assume it isn't a critical issue shall we. And if you're daft enough to put an EU flag on your car, you can probably afford the couple of quid it will cost for a sticker or magnet GB plate.

As mentioned the chances are we'll just leave the 'illegal' (as of then) plates to just sort of fade out. Apparently a bit of duct tape is just about the right width and, again, only costs about a couple of quid. I'd certainly recommend any driver carrying a roll in their tool kit... especially if going to foreign climes.

British drivers use BLACK TAPE to cover up EU stars on number plates | Daily Mail Online

Once again British pragmatism will win out. I'd bet on the EU plates just being allowed to fade out with time. Lesser folk may get hysterical about it and try to make it a big deal.
**** off "dear" and try to own up when you **** up.
Might help your case.

Messing about with your number plate is illegal so sticking black tape on it could/should get you nicked. As mentioned in your link.

The question was just an idle thought about the cost of several millions of drivers having to replace their number plate.

Just one of the countless unforseen consequences of Brexit - in keeping with the thread title.

Are you having trouble with comprehension? I said a more right wing Tory party and a more left wing Labour party. That's it. As far as Labour and their manifesto is concerned it said they would see Brexit through and would scrap the then extant Brexit white paper. The UKIP vote went back to its roots is all i said, nothing about the reasons why.
You seriously think that the average Labour voter thought that "they would see Brexit through and would scrap the then extant Brexit white paper"....cute. The Labour manifesto was clear that it would follow through with Brexit. Everything they have done since has been to oppose it, the dirty, filthy, Marxist scum.;)

Very few here. I can’t remember the last time I saw one on a local reg car,.
Well so long as they stay there the nothing much will change.

Going to be odd seeing those big white oval GB stickers again though.

And don't think that La Plod around Calais aren't going to be checking.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Well so long as they stay there the nothing much will change.

Going to be odd seeing those big white oval GB stickers again though.

And don't think that La Plod around Calais aren't going to be checking.
You have to be kidding. As soon as I get off the boat we tore off the GB stickers and put the IRL ones on. Le Flics were a lot less bovvered.

Latest Threads