The Brexit Consequences Thread

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
i m going to call you on that statement - prove there is no plan!

dont let things like the recreation of the dept of trade from scratch or recruitment of trade negotiators or the international trade secretary and TM travelling all over the platz agreeing new trade arrangements with Japan, Australia , India and the USA etc get in the way of your moronic statement!

the truth is there is a plan in place, admittedly scrambled together due to Cameron and Osbornes failures in a public office ! which will support the outcome of whatever deal is cobbled together - no UK govt, especially corbyns would be able to do any better with your pals barnier and co playing us for fools.

Now, if we sacked TM, amber rudd and hammond and put in place people like JRM the implementation of the plan would be far better!
Trust me there is no trade plan other than carry on as before and do not mention there is no plan.

The most recognisable brand name - UKTI - was binned in a heart beat for DiT. 100,000s was wasted printing new promo stuff. Just because Liam could.

There is no strategic plan for each country on how trade will look.

Each High Commission and Embassy has been asking the same question - what will it be like post exit? Nothing. Tumble weed. So when forgiven companies ask "what will it be like for our future inward investment" there is **** all to tell them.

UK firms are struggling to gain footholds in foreign markets because those countries do not want long term procurement plans if they do not know what the costs will be due to tariffs and such like.

It is a cluster **** and no amount of twitter posts of Liam shaking hands changes any of it.

I don't need cheering up, as I've already said, pointing out that the Empresses new Brexit clothes are made of the finest gossamer imaginable isn't negative but having said that, you never fail to entertain.
The saddest part is that you don't realise you're simply the other face of that particular little coin.

Just try saying to yourself 'there's good and bad in every situation, be that remaining or leaving, but Britain will survive'.

Once you've said it once say it twice a day, looking in a mirror. Before you know it, you won't be Ar*se's answer to Eeyore.

It looks like you're the one falling for spin.
Because team Brexit have shown the EU what negotiation is all about so far eh? Because linking this with your other assertions and blind faith is a good idea which avoids having to answer the fact that we're around 20 K nurses short now and some glib promise isn't going to fix it?

To do anything different like encouraging better conditions and advocating union membership would cause conniptions on here and frothing of the headline at some newspapers.
There needs to be more people prepared to step up and actually get involved with their union, if they're a member. Very few turn out to meetings any more, and no one wants to be a rep, it's like painting a bulls-eye on your back. I'm for sensible unions and sensible management: neither seems to exist any more.

I'd still say it's a fairly hefty variable though. It's like the screaming over the lack of nurses. Rather than train our own up (and there's something like double the number of applicants to places available), it's far cheaper to recruit ready trained EU nurses.

But since the referendum:

View attachment 299161

I call that good news.
Yes. It is. It is also a return to the old way of training nurses. Project 2000, I hope, is now dead.

The saddest part is that you don't realise you're simply the other face of that particular little coin.

Just try saying to yourself 'there's good and bad in every situation, be that remaining or leaving, but Britain will survive'.

Once you've said it once say it twice a day, looking in a mirror. Before you know it, you won't be Ar*se's answer to Eeyore.
I don't have to say it to myself, I know it. I've said that we'll take a hit, slowly recovering by around the ten year point. I said it in the referendum thread and have repeated a number of times. I don't need to repeat DM/Express fleg waving frothing rhetoric or to invent shit about the EU in order to believe in my country thanks.

It obviously didn't register with you as you're far too busy applauding the Empresses new clothes and calling anyone who doesn't blind.

The points I'm raising are about ensuring that our economy is as close to where it would have been at the ten year point as it would have been had we voted remain.

The points I'm raising are about ensuring that our economy is as close to where it would have been at the ten year point as it would have been had we voted remain.
It's like shooting yourself in the foot (or worse) and then saying 10 yrs later, oh yeah, it's back to normal after healing. What you reap what you sow. Meanwhile a ton of people suffer.

Who are they?

I only know of Team REMAIN, stoked on Project FEAR and still droning on with their sh*t.

And Team UK.

For the record, I've acknowledged that we will have some bad times but we'll survive. Overall Brexit is good for us.

I've also suggested that Brexit could be a splendid thing for the EU. Jolting them from their stupor and causing a reformation that allows us to rejoin a truly reformed organisation.

Or they will do the integration thing and make a success of it.

Or they will fail, and we will have cut loose the anchor long ago.

I guess what I am saying is, let's all go for the big win. Rather picking fault.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
There needs to be more people prepared to step up and actually get involved with their union, if they're a member. Very few turn out to meetings any more, and no one wants to be a rep, it's like painting a bulls-eye on your back. I'm for sensible unions and sensible management: neither seems to exist any more.
You’re in the groove Jackson.
I’ve heard local union spokesman incapable of stringing a sentence together and when they do, spout utter batshit. There has to be more to unions than self serving lefties protecting their mates.

As for management they seem to be in the shouty, aggressive, let’s spout rubbish school.of business thought. Usually the shinier the suit and the bigger the clown shoes the worse the manager. (And the stupider). There’s a lot of that about.

But over the years, stupid never changes, just the shape of the haircut and the cut of the suit.

You can also argue that a ton of people have already suffered because of the Treaty of Lisbon(?) allowing unfettered migration.
I've had loads here tell me it isn't about immigration and people have failed to show me why UK wage stagnation is greater than countries with higher immigration. Lets just blame the EU eh?
Op

I don't think Team REMAIN can comprehend that. They were too busy pretending to be cosmopolitan because they drank overpriced 'exotic' coffee served to them by an Eastern European graduate on minimum wage.
See above, this is a bit like you telling us that your sister living in Germany gives you insight that others don't have.

Meanwhile, from project reality, capitalisation not needed.

YTreaty of Lisbon(?) allowing unfettered migration.
WTF are you talking about mate. You guys actually had the best of everything. No Schengen (tho I do appreciate the concerns about other EU migrants), no Euro, Own Border controls, but FFS, you had a really decent system in place. I will tell you what's going to happen, you will get a much worse system than what you what you already had. The EU and the rest of the world will make an example of of you. Good luck. I wIsh I was joking, But am not. Good luck chaps.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

You lot voted leave with ‘Britain will survive’ as a viable outcome. Not bigger, better, richer, faster, less foreigners, more productive, happier...........just ‘Britain will survive’ And you see nothing wrong with that train of thought.

What’s that word, oh yes, F**k.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
WTF are you talking about mate. You guys actually had the best of everything. No Schengen (tho I do appreciate the concerns about other EU migrants), no Euro, Own Border controls, but FFS, you had a really decent system in place. I will tell you what's going to happen, you will get a much worse system than what you what you already had. The EU and the rest of the world will make an example of of you. Good luck. I wIsh I was joking, But am not. Good luck chaps.

But, they voted leave to take back control of their borders. And the only actual border they have, there’s talk of giving control of that, to the Irish (foreign) customs people and police force.
The insanity is strong in this one. It’ll be like the old days, hit a checkpoint. One ID in one pocket and the other iD in the other. Dont get them mixed up.

Do you think it's a good idea to allow companies to migrate not only jobs but whole factories to other member states, to say nothing of their registered offices to avoid tax?

Do you think it's a good idea to allow companies to migrate not only jobs but whole factories to other member states, to say nothing of their registered offices to avoid tax?
Do you think this is an EU issue? Do you have a specific case in mind?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453