The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

As the author, John Boyne, states on the back of the book - i'm not going to tell you what the book is about. The book is written from a childs perspective and is massively moving, mainly due to the childs innocence.

An excellently written book and i can highly recommend it.

I read this book a couple of months ago and I'd strongly recommend it. A book that, I believe, should be introduced to schools.

just orderd from amazon if what folks are saying it's unmissable

boney_m said:
As the author, John Boyne, states on the back of the book - i'm not going to tell you what the book is about. The book is written from a childs perspective and is massively moving, mainly due to the childs innocence.

Is this about to be released as a movie? I caught sight of a poster today with the two boys talking through the errr.... fence.

Bloody good book that gave it to the Father in law today see what he thinks

Alec_Lomas said:
boney_m said:

Is this about to be released as a movie? I caught sight of a poster today with the two boys talking through the errr.... fence.
Film of the book

My Grandad died in a concentration camp.

He was p*ssed on stag and fell out the watchtower.

The_Cad said:

H/T to Bernard Mannings :D :D :D

Great book - would recommend it to anyone still in doubt. Herself read it for book club and passed it on - think she found it quite profound.

Picked this book up in a train station in Dublin last year as something to read on the train. Really good book and quite moving. I think I read it all on the 3hr train ride.

The_Cad said:

That joke's older than you are, Cad! :lol: