The Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation Bunker

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Travelgall, Jan 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it's in the Daily Fascist but it seems the BBC have built a bunker to protect themselves from suicide bombers. I didn't know UKIP, the Conservative Party and/or the Catholic Church had that capability, because they're the only people who would like to jam Al Beeb. AQAP, AQIM, the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah and pretty much any other Terrorist (Sorry that's not a Beeb word - Militant) or Dictator would be insane to cut off their own free Propoganda arm.

BBC bunker: News studios built in bomb proof room to protect it from suicide attacks | Mail Online

On the plus side I would like to pat on the back the ex Forces individual working in Business Continuity that managed to persuade Al-Jazeera North that they were actually under threat. I hope you got a nice cut of the building contract.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I'm guessing that there is a still an emergency broadcasting requirement they let lapse a bit since the evesham bunker fell into disrepair.

probably screwed HMG out of a few billion to build it.

3. Funnily enough, if you go to a site like Urban75 (which some people may remember from a few years back) you'll find plenty of people there who'll swear blind that the BBC is the tool of the Zionists and nothing more than the British arm of the Israeli government's propaganda department.

Funny how views can be so far apart...

• Like Like x 1
  4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 7
  5. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Sorry, going to do it again though:

Even the Mail article says £1 billion - and they'd love to see the BBC wiped off the earth. Do you actually read things or do you just type what the voices in your head tell you to?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm sorely tempted to hoof it for the thread title alone.

However, TG's generally not an arse like lsquared (ZanuLiarBore and so forth ad ****ing nauseum).

7. Perfectly sensible precaution, matches what banks are doing for new dealing rooms, for example. See also vehicle-obstructing street furniture and pervasive surveillance. Just because no-one's letting off VBIEDs or mounting PBIED attacks right this minute doesn't mean some gang of idiots isn't going to do so in the future. I don't believe a billion, either. The sort of hardening required, if designed in from the start, represents extra cost, but not an order of magnitude's worth. Typical Daily Hate non-story. Take a look around the Mail offices some time and see what they've implemented.

8. Almost all central London new build contracts I see are subject to anti-terror regulations. Everything from the BBC to Tesco's, have to meet blast resistant, or blast enhanced facades regulations on lower floors.

9. I'e always imagined that Dacre has some Blofeld-type escape system like an ejector pod or underground monorail, to make his getaway in emergencies.

10. Whenever I see that someone has replaced a name with another word (Bliar, Broon, Daily Wail) I'm always worried that that person has had a stroke.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ......or maybe he wasn't allowed to. :)

12. As long long as the loony lefties and the raving right are both accusing the Beeb of being the tool of the other, you have to figure they're doing a good job.

They can still **** off for their TV tax money though.

13. So the BBC can safely lecture us on how Islam really is the "Religion of Peace" safe in their suicide-bomber proof bunker?
    Sounds about right from them.