The boldest walt?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mav, Jun 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

Or just the most stupid?

Timothy Poe - this guy entered the America's got Talent competition, with the heart breaking story of being soldier recovering from a grenade injury sustained in Afghan. From an interview:

“There was a guy who came up with a rocket-propelled grenade,” Poe said on the show Monday. “I saw it coming down, and by the time I turned and went to jump on top of my guys, I yelled ‘grenade’ and the blast had hit me.”

He even provided a photo:

timothy-poe-picture-fake_508x332.jpg

Only this isn't him - it's Staff Sgt Norman Bone... And the National Guard has no record of Timothy being injured in a grenade attack.

More info here: ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant apologizes for explosive tale, yet insists he wasn’t lying - NY Daily News

It's truly remarkable how people think they can present this information and not think they're gonna get discovered.

Has there been a bolder or more stupid walt?

2. Why is this in the NAAFI and not in the Walt forum?
    Just askin like! :)

3. Why the fuck is there a man alive called Norman Bone?

For fucks sake, Norman?????????????????????

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

I put here because no Kommandos are required to confirm or deny...

And that I mainly posted the story out of incredulity that someone would go so far with a lie and think they could get away with it.

5. Could be worse.

headline.gif

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wonder if the cunt knows what wholesale means....

7. Crappy yards here use the term all the time to convince the local bogans that they sell cheap cars.

8. wholesale ? is that a type of bread ?

9. Is that your neck of the woods Mr Rutar? I frequently work in Milton.

10. This has already been posted in the correct forum fyi.

Although I have to admit I can no longer find the topic. Posted in it just yesterday :/

11. Depot is in Albion. I live on the bayside.

12. You'd better hope the mods have been drinking a lot of pineapple juice...

13. I think Mickey Goldens letter from Sir General Mike Jackson has to be quite high on the list.

And the bloke who was giving talks at Duxford based on his non existent expertise

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crapatalk and a head dobber