• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The boldest walt?

Mav

Old-Salt
Or just the most stupid?

Timothy Poe - this guy entered the America's got Talent competition, with the heart breaking story of being soldier recovering from a grenade injury sustained in Afghan. From an interview:

“There was a guy who came up with a rocket-propelled grenade,” Poe said on the show Monday. “I saw it coming down, and by the time I turned and went to jump on top of my guys, I yelled ‘grenade’ and the blast had hit me.”

He even provided a photo:

timothy-poe-picture-fake_508x332.jpg

Only this isn't him - it's Staff Sgt Norman Bone... And the National Guard has no record of Timothy being injured in a grenade attack.

More info here: ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant apologizes for explosive tale, yet insists he wasn’t lying - NY Daily News

It's truly remarkable how people think they can present this information and not think they're gonna get discovered.

Has there been a bolder or more stupid walt?

Mav

Old-Salt
Why is this in the NAAFI and not in the Walt forum?
Just askin like! :)
I put here because no Kommandos are required to confirm or deny...

And that I mainly posted the story out of incredulity that someone would go so far with a lie and think they could get away with it.

G

goatrutar

It has indeed....

And I for one think cpunk is a handsome and dashing moderator... as are they all

And if there are any female Mods watching..

(3123 adjusts his cravat and re waxes his moustache....)

"Surely there must be some 'arrangement' we can come to about these silly little ROPs I'm on...."

You'd better hope the mods have been drinking a lot of pineapple juice...

I think Mickey Goldens letter from Sir General Mike Jackson has to be quite high on the list.

And the bloke who was giving talks at Duxford based on his non existent expertise

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crapatalk and a head dobber

Latest Threads