• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

The blunders that killed a veteran

The blunders that killed a veteran

A second World War veteran who won a campaign against the Health Service to provide him and his wife with a drug that could save their sight has died after an appalling series of hospital blunders.

Full Story

Words fail me, they really do. I'm so sorry for this man and his family. I'm so disgusted at a system that can let this happen.

Makes you proud to be British doesn't it? Still, the money saved means we can send more aid to Pakistan etc in order to subsidise their nuclear programme.

This story wouldn't be out of place coming out of communist Russia.

A disgrace if the detail is accurate.

I agree with the Cad. The money saved could be better used funding an arts director for the local NHS trust. What's more important? Lives or post- modern expressionism? I know I'd appreciate a well composed artistic statement on multiculturalism rather than an artery-full of drugs that could well save my miserable, middle-class, white nigga ass.

It is a disgrace our government care more about their legacy than the people they are elected to protect and serve!

Nice Avatar BuckFelize, always nice to meet a fellow boundah!!

Blair and his cretinous bunch have no shame, they have no mandate, they are morally bankrupt.

Bliar.....this thread title makes me want to hurt him. Hurt him slowly but effectively, but hurt him so he's never known pain like it. Hurt him like he's hurt every serviceman, civvy and fcuk knows who else in this Great country that he's fcuked up. Then I want to hurt his family in front of him, make them sob with pain and humiliation in front of him. Then I'd kill them in front of him, kids and all, so he'd know his sordid line had ended and he may approach the level of hurt he's made others feel, right before he died a slow miserable death in a pool of his own snot, p1ss and sh1t.

I'm not normally a religious man but it's a shame he'd never get to heaven, as I'd love him to have to meet all the service personnel this morally and courageously bereft individual has fatally condemned over his years of orifice. Then they could hurt him for eternity.

Amen

So, after waiting for several weeks to hear whether theirs would pay, the couple were forced to go private before they lost their sight. But they could afford to pay for only one of them to receive the treatment, costing £30,000.

Mr Roberts made the heartbreaking decision to go blind himself to save his wife's vision.
I'm in no position to comment on the NHS but this is heart-breaking.

detailed investigation is in progress."
ie they'll be a whitewash the medical staff won't be punished,probally promoted
new measures that are implemented will have no effect
more patients will definitely die
Welcome to Bliars NHS (1997 to 2007)
Things will definitely not get better

6141443 Jelley L H - 2nd Bn The East Surrey Regiment. Aged 87.

My neighbour, Mr Jelley went into hospital in order that it might be discovered the cause of a minor 'water-works' problem.

Four days later he was home and was right 'up to speed' doing his own cleaning; shopping; laundry and ironing; and even doing some shopping for me!

Unexpectedly, approximately two weeks later (I have the exact dates) he was called back into hospital for : 'a minor operation'.

He had no operation and after twelve days he was discharged to home.

I had brought in his shopping and I left him attacking a Sainsbury's Fish and Chips with gusto! (This meal was dated 'To be used - five days after the date he ate it).

48 hours later he was ill - diaorhhea, vomiting. I was ill, same symptoms. For about three weeks he had this sickness, until one day, the District Nurse said he had to go to hospital.

Two weeks later- he died. Causes: Pneumonia and C. Difficile (community acquired). Community acquired ! How !!

The hospital (subject of earlier posts by me) FILTHY. The staff: many simply unable to communicate in English. The location: London. When my, legally assisted investigations are complete, this disgusting apology for a Blair type teaching hospital will, metaphorically, be burned down !!

I certainly says a lot for this hated New Labour shower of dung.I always thought that the NHS would be safe in Labour's hands, but no more they have brought this NHS to its knees with the introduction of PPI and greedy profit makers who have only one thing in mind PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT before patients.

my mothers doctor resolutely advised her to try to avoid going into hospital
my mother is 77 i'm dreading her ever having to

Its too early for me to be reading this! My blood is boiling and I'm off for an espresso. No fcuk it I'm not!

When the whitewash is finished (sorry I mean investigation!) these fukcers will simply go home as if nothing had happened.

I hope the fcuking hospital has a good transgender unit - couldn't have anybody worrying about their sexuality - better to spend money on that that than playing sight dice with an eldery couple.

Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Other - WTF.

Fcuk I'm so angry I'm not even coherent.

I'm furious. :evil:

Rant off!

memoryloss said:
my mothers doctor resolutely advised her to try to avoid going into hospital
my mother is 77 i'm dreading her ever having to
A paramedic friend of mine told me that she'd rather go to a vet, with a fist full of notes and get them to do surgery than go into an NHS hospital.
My nan died in west middlesex recently. A few months ago on a visit we accidentaly left a notebook at the bottom of the bed. We returned 2 days later and it was still bloody there :x

Only went in for a stomach ulcer, and died from MRSA.

Burn em all down and start again says I. Counts for all the managers too.

Dear Mr Bliar,
thank you for reforming the NHS to such a degree that brave souls such as Mr Roberts had to die because of your actions.
Mr Roberts was a veteran who had shown bravery before in defending this country and who showed that outstanding level of bravery and love for his wife in deciding that if their was only enough medication for one it would be his wife who would be treated.
Mr Roberts was a hero in every sense of the word and i personally thank you Mr Bliar for letting him down.

Mr Bliar i hope you feel proud of your achievements and what you leave behind you CNUT