The birth of the Gunners (not the footie team) Any Comments?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chiefwiggum, Nov 5, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst trawling through the web I ran across this little ditty. I've posted it on the Gunners Forum where it was received warmly. What do other arms think?

1. In the beginning there was chaos and the chaos was the Infantry, for the Infantry was alone.

2. And fear was with the Infantry and they cried unto the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid."

3. And the Lord heard their grunts and set some of the Infantry on beasts of burden and these he called Cavalry, and the Cavalry became Armour.

4. And when the Lord had seen what he had done he laughed saying, "Well, you can't win them all."

5. The Infantry and the Armour again cried out to the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid." And the Lord heard their cried and decided to end their weeping.

6. And the Lord said unto them, "Lo and behold, I send you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Gunners.

7. And the Lord said unto the Infantry and Armour, "When it is dark, the Gunners shall light your way."

8. And when you need smoke, there shall be smoke, and when you need HE, WP, H & I and counter-battery fire, all this ye shall have."

9. And the Lord gave the Gunners big guns and field guns, and the Infantry and Armour were jealous for they had naught.

10. And the Infantry cried out saying, "Lord, thou hast created the Infantry as Queen of Battles, but now thou hast made the Gunners King of Battles and well knowest thou what the King does to the Queen."

11. And the Lord replied, "Right on!"

12. And the Lord gave unto the Artillery rockets and missiles and, best of all, nukes. And when the Infantry and Armour saw this they fell to their knees in wonder saying, "Surely God is on the side of the greatest - THE GUNNERS."

13. And the Lord sayeth, "You got that right."

Now abideth Infantry, Armour, and Artillery; but the greatest of these is..."Artillery".

should provoke a reaction :wink:
  2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Dear Lord,

Notwithstanding Bigwiggum's saga. Can you please say what side the 'Drop Shorts' - sorry Artillery, are on? :D
  3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

but jst remember, God also made the Duck-Billed Plattipus, and I am sure that he created the Gunners at roughly the same time :roll:
  4. Worlds great lies

'Course I'll love you in the morning!

You'll get it in Theatre!

My fried the Gunner!
  5. Repent all ye sinners for thy lord is a gunner!
  6. But they don't know where to fire unless a Scaley passes the message! :D
  7. oh yes we do, ever heard of target aquistion, direct fire or even anti tank. The L118 light gun was used for the first time (in anger) in the anti tank role in GW2
  8. Ubique. Is that "Everywhere" or "All over the place"?

To be fair though, it could be worse, we could have Yank gunners supporting us.
  9. Not in any Christian church.
  10. We have our own signallers, normally accepted to be the best flaggies in the army. And no, I'm not a flaggy!
  11. Gunners were born?
  12. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

..of something other than "woman" from a form of life lower down the food chain.
  13. Be fearful of making the lord unhappy he controls MET and MET can cause rounds to go astray. Often with a little help from the odd OTC unit but still be afraid be very afraid
  14. What's a "Fried Gunner" something left over after a turret fire in a warrior?
  15. In my day Subbies were polite enough not to point out when their elders and betters missed out the occasional N from their posts.