Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bigotry of low expectations.

Ah, the old False SPOTY Flag attack
Definitely a sock account. One single post back in January then nothing until a flurry of mong posts over the last couple of days. Which of the resident site mouth breathers got hit with ROPS recently?

I guess your pathetic point of view is why, Google, Twitter, Facebook, and Amazon are under Senate Investigations for Censorship and Antitrust. And changing what they allow to be published even altering a whole entry to push their own agenda.

From CNN a Liberal / Commie Media outlet.

"Some lawmakers demanded more transparency while others sought explanations on a few specific cases in which content was removed or labeled by platforms. Though the hearing was meant to focus on a crucial law, known as Section 230, that protects the companies' ability to moderate content as they see fit, Senators strayed from the brief and confronted the executives on other topics, including Censorship and antitrust,"

I guess it's a long & dreary Trumpist geriatric spunktrumpet way of saying 'I made those stats up'?

Thanks for clarifying

Edited to add: Off to ignore you go

Definitely a sock account. One single post back in January then nothing until a flurry of mong posts over the last couple of days. Which of the resident site mouth breathers got hit with ROPS recently?
Perhaps he's just been let out of prison or a secure mental health institution? But he he is in America, at the moment, who would notice another gun-toting looney?

Sabretooth

War Hero
Perhaps he's just been let out of prison or a secure mental health institution? But he he is in America, at the moment, who would notice another gun-toting looney?
Well, you can blame the Virus for most of it, Where else can you get entertained for a small fee? Lockdowns do have a positive!

Some of this reminds me of how I made myself popular on my compulsory Obstetrics experience during RGN training (at home in the Valleys). I was tasked with finding ways to reduce costs for families with new borns so my presentation was along the lines of:
"Surely the best and most efficient way to achieve this is to make full use of the free family planning services on offer, and not have the baby in the first place ".

I didn't expect applause, but fortunately I do quite like the sound of crickets.

Who knew that tumbleweed grew indoors in East Glamorgan?

Who's sock is this? He's over in the BLM thread posting about how the slave trade was masterminded by the red sea pedestrians.

It's a bit frothy, and not as pompous as BB, so I'll take an educated guess that Baggy's found its way back under the chicken wire.

Getting back to the thread...

in 1729 Jonathan Swift published an essay; (A Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country, and For making them Beneficial to the Publick if anyone cares to read it).

In it Swift writes that 'A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout.'

I therefore propose that we set up the country's first ARRSE food bank/soup kitchen that way the great unwashed can actual provide their own sustenance rather than relying on government handouts

Job jobbed.

Getting back to the thread...

in 1729 Jonathan Swift published an essay; (A Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country, and For making them Beneficial to the Publick if anyone cares to read it).

In it Swift writes that 'A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout.'

I therefore propose that we set up the country's first ARRSE food bank/soup kitchen that way the great unwashed can actual provide their own sustenance rather than relying on government handouts

Job jobbed.
Thank you for your response, although it does have the air of Chianti and Fava Beans to it.

Thinking more about @halo_jones's original post, one can possibly look far eastwards to a possible solution (although the howls of anger and gnashing of teeth from some quarters will be palpable), I refer to the Chinese social credit system (Wikipedia entry here). With the pandemic events of the past 12 months in mind, the ability of their autocratic system to not only eradicate all signs of the virus, but also post economic growth whilst the rest of the world flounders should be noted with some admiration. The social credit system extends this further, ensuring positive behaviour is encouraged in its citizenry with a carrot and stick approach. Positive behaviour (paying taxes on time, visiting elderly relatives etc) puts you ahead of the queue for healthcare and other services, negative behaviour (being fined for offences, antisocial behaviour etc) means you are pushed down the list for healthcare and are unable to travel on airlines etc.

I am also left slightly embarrassed when discussing certain aspects of UK society when travelling the Middle East - they look on with disgust at the behaviour and dress sense of our population, along with this "street" patois. It is sometimes hard to justify.

Freedoms we take for granted have been somewhat abused over the years. Do we see some sort of opportunity to change in this brave new world (perhaps someone should write a book about it)?

Yokel

LE
No shit Sherlock.

It was worth @LepetitCaporal pointing that out, as those that are meant to guide young people seem to assume that they cannot handle disappointment or the risk of disappointment, and so steer them away from things where you can have a hard failure. Of course that also means that they never have the chance to succeed.

It was worth @LepetitCaporal pointing that out, as those that are meant to guide young people seem to assume that they cannot handle disappointment or the risk of disappointment, and so steer them away from things where you can have a hard failure. Of course that also means that they never have the chance to succeed.

No it is worth pointing out that young people cannot tell the difference between expectations and hopes.
An entire generation has grown up embracing blame culture where they take zero personal responsibility for their own failures. When their expectations are not met, without fail they look first to find fault, they are incapable of accepting their own limitations and seem incapable of accepting that society is a very complicated place to live in.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
No it is worth pointing out that young people cannot tell the difference between expectations and hopes.
An entire generation has grown up embracing blame culture where they take zero personal responsibility for their own failures. When their expectations are not met, without fail they look first to find fault, they are incapable of accepting their own limitations and seem incapable of accepting that society is a very complicated place to live in.

Not a million miles from what I said is it? People grow up without learning that failure is a natural part of life and a chance to learn and improve - if you take ownership. It is part of the same process of dumbing down that favours feelings over facts.

However there have been cases where schools have been managed to improve league table performance at the expense of less capable kids.

Latest Threads