Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bigotry of low expectations.

That's a noble sentiment- but would you really? I don't know of one person who was set in positions over me by virtue of positive discrimination, who actually apologised for their rickets and went to management and said "Give the job to him, he can do it." Nope they hung on like grim death because it was a foothold. There may be professional pride involved. It's the reverse of you've F*****d up take a promotion or a sideways. Why? because the failures also highlight the failure of mantras. It's also how failure is percieved, is a failure always a failure or a learning curve. But I mean, Positive discrimination when it came in in the 80's was supposed to be a leg up for the "deserving". Unfortunately it wasn't the deserving who got the leg up- they didn't need it.

So, if your man ends up getting stressed out, turning to booze, drugs or suicide, it will be the fault of them racist woke ******* at the top.

So, if your man ends up getting stressed out, turning to booze, drugs or suicide, it will be the fault of them racist woke ******* at the top.
Technically I suppose so. It is management’s responsibility to ensure the suitability of a candidate psychlogically, but in my limited experience it isn’t them who turn to stimulants and or suicide. We had one officer who comitted suicide but that wasn’t her profile. What I have met is a superiority complex leading to a belief of untouchability and sometimes bullying ensued.