"The biggest Sergeants mess in the world"

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Ozduke, Nov 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good artical.
    I do think that Howard has run his race and new guy will bring Big Changes.
    Good or Bad I do not know.
  2. :lol: Better stick with a good system that works when John Howard became P.M. Australia had a debt of $96billion from Labour now it has a money in the bank and saves $8billion a year in interest payments. You cant let Union clowns run a country they did it under Hawk and Keating what a mess they made of it. Kim Beasley the last leader of the Labour govt when defence minister ordered Collins class sub off the plan, yet the U.K. had subs in use that were proven, so he ordered untried subs that have cost a fortune to get right, he Beasley would have been the P.M. I the Labour gang get in, can see, wild spending, debts, higher interest rates, lower $ and back to the bad old days, migrants who sponge, just like U.K. under labour : :x :x :x :x :x :x
  3. life under labour has been very good for me. Hopefully a labour Gov in Australia might mean a step closer to becoming a republic.
  4. Be a shame to see them cut their noses off to spite their faces (and umpteen other ancient expressions which mean don't do it). Change isn't necessarily always a good thing.
  5. Are you an immigrant, on the dole or a criminal? Because I'm struggling to think of anyone else who could say that.
  6. It is an unfortunate fact of life that our Aussy cousins, tho great sportsmen, are among the worlds worst losers.
    Anti Brit sentiment is now high.
    Go if they must, at least they willbe spared having big ears as soveriegn.
  7. Howards a weasel, come on Kev ya beuty!
  8. We could start selling them water!
  9. Or they could stop letting all their rainwater flow into the sea.
  10. Do explain - are you an Aussie?
  11. It's a serviceman's right to have a whinge at his circumstances, no matter how good or bad things really are....

I joined the Australian Army in 1985 aged 18. The ALP was accelerating the decline started under Whitlam and the post-Vietnam malaise (and to be fair, continued under the Fraser Coalition governments between '75 and '83). The Army was really sucking hind tit.

At its worst, the regular army was down to 4 under strength Bns .... that's right - FOUR.

The Howard government have done some rotten things to defence, like the 'Children Overboard' affair, but by and large for servicemen and women the choice is crystal clear .... Lib/Nat Coalition first, daylight second, ALP second last and Greens as many places beyond last as you can imagine.

Of course we don't live in a vacuum. Mortgage interest rates will rise and fall no matter who has government. The resources boom will continue. The private health system will be much better than the public system, likewise schools. Much of a muchness, some tinkering at the edges.

But I can't bring myself to vote ALP ever, for what they did to the ADF in general but the Army in particular during the Whitlam and then the Hawke/Keating years.
  12. : :? :? :? Do you remember Bob boozie Hawke who one day devalued the Australian dollar by 10% because he stuffed the place up like his 'the best treasurer in the world'who ended up giving Australia $96billon debt when Labour got kicked out, love you labour higher interest rates they got to 14% under labour double the unemployment of today, good times to come, more beach bumbs to pay for no work, so if Howards a weasel then Rudd is a Crud. :lol: :lol: :lol: and all his Union mates will screw the place up even Queensland. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry that some of the info above is wrong the interest rates under were not 14% ____BUT 17% very sorry :lol: Rudd made some bad stuff ups when he was a minister in the Goss labour do read up his history, he was called ''The milky bar kid' even by his own party. one is the cock up of the water system in South East Queensland by canceling new water systems. Labour in U.K. Harold Wilson devalued Sterling by 10% labour can never be trusted with other peoples money, it seem to get to their mates and wasteful schemes. If labour get in :lol: in Australia the present interest rate of 6.75% will be 7.25% early 2008. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep smiling if you owe money :lol: :lol:
  13. Nah, I'm a new migrant. I can see in my limited time here that Australia is on the edge of a moral precipice with morals, social values, and anti social behaviour on the verge of a UK style collapse. Australia seems to have been changed by Howard in a similar way to how Thatcher changed Britain. With selfishness and lack of social responsibility on the rise. I see more and more news items about UK style drunken behaviour, drunken assaults, unsocial behaviour in the worse parts of town here.

Australia is moving towards a US style of society without the religion. Ol Kev is talking the right talk about social values/fair go for me so I’d give him my vote.

And don’t get me started on workchoices. . . .

Attached Files:

• red.jpg
      File size:
      4.7 KB