The biggest 'crime' issue in Cambridgeshire is speeding drivers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Aug 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And plod wonder why the general public have come to the conclusion they've utterly lost the plot?
    What's this Madam? No burglaries in your little patch of paradise? No muggings, assaults, rapes, drug dealers, all the old ladies can walk the streets in perfect safety? No crowds of drunken thugs turning your town centres and many residential areas into no go areas after dark?

'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists - Telegraph

Perhaps Madam might wish to study these crime statistics for her patch

Cambridgeshire crime levels & statistics - CrimeMapper
  2. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Obviously bike thefts does not even come onto their radar. Or normal theft for that matter, like the sods that stole 400m of internet from down the road for the copper.

Still I did laugh when the whole of Cambourne had no internet for two days.
  3. Someone stole 400m of the Internet? Clever crooks you have round your way :)
  4. Fronty

Ok, so they stole 400m of copper cable that carries the internet between one box thingy and the exchange/concentrator. Same thing really.
  5. Roll on elected Police Commisioners eh?
    Then the public can decide where Policing priorities lie. I would imagine ACPO and more than one Chief Constable might find themselves getting a serious dose of reality.
  6. Well of course it is, copper cable is exactly the same as the internet.

7. [​IMG]

The man in question.Time he retired.He looks very poorly.
  8. Violent crime is up 9% and robbery is up 7.5%. And the Chief Constable said:-

Echoes of Ian Blair who declared that London's drug problem was down to the middle classes snorting coke at dinner parties. Can't be that the Chief is a leftie class warrior though, could it?

Err, think I'm seeing a pattern here, and it would seem that running Cambridgeshire police is a part time job for the Chief. (And wtf is a "gender champion"?).

A classic example of what you get when senior managers are promoted on the basis of their political views rather than because they can do the job.
  9. “Speeding is middle-class anti-social behavior,” she says. “People think we should be able to get away with it. They wouldn’t tolerate lawbreaking by somebody else but they do it themselves without thinking.

Just about sums it up :-D:-D
  10. Crime of your choice is police officers' anti-social behaviour, she says. Officers think they should be able to get away with it by just flashing a warrant card. They wouldn't tolerate lawbreaking by somebody who wasn't a copper but they do it themselves without thinking. Then when they get caught they plead ill health and stress to "get out of jail free".

Fixed that for you ma'am.
  11. So the real problem is the middle classes and the police. No change there then :-D
  12. Fronty

Yeah. Middle classes... What have they ever done for us? Apart from paying for everything with their taxes that is...
  13. Yes the middle classes and the police...remember the great Grammar School riots of 1876? Or the Income Tax Revolt of 1911? Who can forget the bloodshed during the Oxfam colections of 1983?

(That's enough made up middle class versus police disturbances...)
  14. I never realised that speeding was a class issue. In my innocence, I assumed that it was a vice common to the poor and the rich as well as the comfortably off.
  15. Please please please please do not confuse what you call general plod with ACPO. They reach a certain rank then Bramshill gets hold of them, it rearranges their mind so that normal decision making based on real life goes out of the window. I also see what they say and being in the same job can only wonder if they actually believe it.